Resolved [1.4.3] Sound stutter followed by game freezes while moving on map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.4.3.
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:
The game audio starts to stutter and lag behind, then the game freezes and lags over and over again, sometimes for seconds, sometimes for minutes, sometimes long enough for me to close the game. (alt+f4 then find bannerlord launcher and close it)

This started happening today regardless of saves, there have been no game or nvidia updates since everything worked normally, only normal windows 10 updates.

I have restarted game and computer, I have validated the files through steam, reinstalled the game, tried different graphics settings and fullscreen, windowed etc.

It only happens on the campaign map whilst ,moving about. During battles and sieges, the sound lags or disappears but no freezes or fps drops.

I have a high end computer and all temperatures are good, any ideas?

How to Reproduce: Both times it started happening I was a newly turned tier 2 clan and part of a 600+ army moving about the map.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): Same issue on all saves.
Media (Screenshots & Video): Not necessary
Version: Beta Hotfix (e1.4.3 - 14/08/20) Also happens on 1.4.3 Main Branch
Installed community-made modifications: NO
Computer Specs:
GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Ventus 8GB
CPU: Intel i7 9700K Overclocked to 5Ghz
RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR4 CL16 3200Mhz VENGEANCE RGB
Motherboard: MSI MEG ACE Z390
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): NVME SSD: Samsung 970 PRO 1TB

EDIT: SOLVED
After uninstalling and removing all game related files from the computer and waiting until 1.5 update and then installing it, everything works fine for me.

Last edited:
My game as of last night was doing the exact problem that Sebbe described. I was wandering the map looking for a specific noble and during this process the game would lag and freeze with the lagging audio and buzzing sounds. I entered a town and the game froze completely. After restarting the game it froze in the matter of a few minutes.

I am currently playing game version 1.4.3 without any mods and have been playing since late April without any issues up until last night. Hopefully this information helps.

Yeah same thing here. Sound is the first thing that starts stuttering, then the campaignmap starts to lag, and it gets worse. Standing still is fine, but the moment you start moving again it slows down

Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting.
This is still happening on the main branch and is NOT solved by that hotfix that said it had fixed a similar issue and came before the move to main branch. I just want to let you know since you marked this "In progress" before that hotfix.

I'm playing on beta branch (1.5.0) and experiencing this as well. It's made at least one of my saves unplayable for tonight, I'll have to try again tomorrow and see if I can figure anything out.

Exact same problem as Sebbe here.. I just cannot play... I have tried many different game settings configuration but nothing changed.

How to Reproduce: Anytime i'm on the campaign map, T2 clan, 70 troops.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): Same issue on all saves.
Media (Screenshots & Video): Not necessary
Version: Beta Hotfix (e1.4.3 - 14/08/20) Also happens on 1.4.3 Main Branch
Installed community-made modifications: NO
Computer Specs:
GPU: Geforce RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB
CPU: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7-9750H Six-Core
RAM: 16GB 2667 MHz | 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD
MACHINE: Razer Blade 15

Last edited:
I am having a similar problem, after a period of play, the stuttering starts, slowing the game down. I left the game on for 3 hours without playing and it was worse, it looks like a sound/memory problem. For me I see it start in battle, I have not checked other times.

If I switch the sound output the game speeds up immediately for awhile.

CPU: 8 Core i7-3610QM 2.3 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GeForce GT 650 M and Intel HD Graphics 4000 (similar problems on both)

I also have the same problem.. For me it started with a new unmodded 1.5.0 campaign. Clan tier 2, and following a 800+ men army!?

I have checked , and indeed for me , after every battle , RAM just piles up . It seems the Memory Leaks are still there and the game doesnt ,,free'' up the RAM used in the battle and just keeps it there. Next time you load a battle, the game will use another chunck of RAM instead of the existing one that should have been ,,freed''. This happens until your PC runs with 99% ram and you have to restart the game.

I have checked , and indeed for me , after every battle , RAM just piles up . It seems the Memory Leaks are still there and the game doesnt ,,free'' up the RAM used in the battle and just keeps it there. Next time you load a battle, the game will use another chunck of RAM instead of the existing one that should have been ,,freed''. This happens until your PC runs with 99% ram and you have to restart the game.
I cannot see that, as my RAM doesn't rise at all, so I think thats a different issue then the one mentioned here. Music starts to chop, then the entire game gets laggy, sound dissappears and it freezes entirely for anything from 10 sec to 5 minutes. RAM normal, CPU usage normal, but it has only happened to me on two different saves. I have a few older saves that are not affected as long as I don't save them after loading straight from a "corrupted" save if you'd like. If I load a different save after being in one that stutters, that save will also stutter. The corrupted saves become completely unplayable, as moving around the map could take hours just from one city to another. I suspect the issue happens after some form of trigger on the campaign map while moving about, if its the AI having a hard time deciding what to do for example. I'll update if I figure out anything more.

ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

Intel Core i7-9700K

HyperX Fury RGB DDR4 2666MHz 32GB

Samsung PM981a 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F GAMING, S-1151

Last edited:
Yeah same thing here. Sound is the first thing that starts stuttering, then the campaign map starts to lag, and it gets worse. Standing still is fine, but the moment you start moving again it slows down

I am having the same exact problem. This does not appear to be memory related as it is happening to me after a fresh restart.

If I stop moving when the sound starts to lag, I can stay stationary and listen to the sound as it is catching up. I can move around the map as long as I stop when the sound starts falling behind.

This appears to be sound system related. I have no idea why it only started after more than 400 days on the same save.

Back
Top Bottom