1.4.3 Economy? Price of goods bugged?

Users who are viewing this thread

Carlit0

Recruit
Hi everyone,

long time player rarely post. I’m just playing a bit of 1.4.3 beta with a fresh start. I’m having a hard time trading and getting money again as was with early days of 1.4.2 beta.

goods are the same price usually no matter which town I go too. Hardly any trade profit to be had. Is anyone able to tell if this is bug? Or what is your experience of trading in 1.4.3 beta?

There was a previous issue with a lack of price differentiation... perhaps the fix was reverted?

This problem will be fixed with today's patch. There is a problem at item prices in 1.4.2 currently. Prices do not differentiate enough. So caravans and player cannot make profit enough from trading.

edit: oh snap, you were the dude he was replying to, haha

If you want money in BL you have to abuse the AI lords and sell their stinky underwear for ridicules amounts of cash. Why's it so much? Because if they reduce the amount of loot it ****s the AI lords up and they can't function at all. So while they can nerf trading, workshops and caravans to hell and back, they're not touching the truck loads of junk weapons and used clothes market.

Even in my saved game the "global" economy seems to have tanked. Nothing has any worth and my income from fiefs, caravans and workshops is halved.

Yep, here the same about Workshops and Caravans...almost no longer worthy the investment. But, I am still trading myself with the same difficulty of 1.4.2 (that was greater than 1.4.1 none of the less).

UPDATE. I started a new character 1.4.3 and workshops are almost back to normal (150 +/-, so something happened even before going into 1.4.3, of course, using the right shop in the right location, I was able to get it up to 250 +/- and this is no longer happening). Caravans are totally broken instead, they don't even show up properly in the financial window, and either make no money or go under (they use to go under for just a few minutes after starting, and then they always grew up, average was 400/500, up to 1000). prices now seem to be always close to average too, so very hard to have even the smaller profit. Right now I am trying to survive using a mercenary contract, betting in tournaments and selling the prizes, a small and not fully upgraded Party, and crafting and selling what I can (2 hand sward are easy enough to make and sell around 2000)

Last edited:
Yes, the economy is downright broken. Either you nail the perfet workshop location and you sporadically get 200+ ( a far cry to the 400-600 from before or all you can afford is a wanderer and 20 tier 3 units.
Since the economy is wack you don't make profit. Since you don't make profit you can't afford horses. Since you can't afford horses you can't hunt down bandits and therefore you don't get loot. It's a whole chain of cause -effect that makes the early game absolutely unpleasant. Pair that with the fact that you start with 0 renown no matter what and you get a horrible slog.

Well, tournaments (with bets) and doing everything while under a Mercenary contract + crafting tier 2 two handed swards for time to time, allowed me to have a 60 or so party with pretty good level and speed, but...that's pretty much it...going on seems almost impossible or very annoying to do...so...waiting for now to see what DEVS will do about it

Well, tournaments (with bets) and doing everything while under a Mercenary contract + crafting tier 2 two handed swards for time to time, allowed me to have a 60 or so party with pretty good level and speed, but...that's pretty much it...going on seems almost impossible or very annoying to do...so...waiting for now to see what DEVS will do about it
Yes, at the start of the campaign running around with no man (no expenses) from tourney to tourney while manually dodging or sporadically paying off bandits selling extra prizes seems to be the most efficient way to get to 15k denars and 50 renown. It speaks volumes about the state of the game that hiring men is counterproductive. They make you slower and you have to pay them.
Also if you make the stupid mistake of fighting 4 looters from horseback with a bow and get 3 or 4 stones on the face It will take something loike 20 days to heal up and you'll have to fight tournaments with garbage health. If you see an imperial noble in the roster of the tournament you may aswell not join since they get to keep their obscene armor and helmets. You might get lucky and catch a wounded noble (froma battle he fought) but they will generally break your shield before you can finish killing them with 6 damage blows to the face.

Sorry, just venting my frustration.

No worries...same here...BTW hire a companion with good medic and use him/her as surgeon, 1 or 2 days waiting in a town and you'll be 100% health...and I never really do the dodging part...I use 10/20 men almost immediately, is doable and allows you to get a few extra by killing looters, as soon as you level 10 infantry + 10 archers you can take down up to 40/50 looters without too much effort. For the Noble problems, initially stay away from Imperial towns, BTW food and wood cost less in the North, so good for saving money and start crafting weapons to sell. there Nobles have less OP armors...

No worries...same here...BTW hire a companion with good medic and use him/her as surgeon, 1 or 2 days waiting in a town and you'll be 100% health...and I never really do the dodging part...I use 10/20 men almost immediately, is doable and allows you to get a few extra by killing looters, as soon as you level 10 infantry + 10 archers you can take down up to 40/50 looters without too much effort.
Perhaps I got too caught up i trying to be efficient it's just that I'm hardcoded to seek positive cash flow..
But yeah,I also noticed my man just FLEEING from a weaker enemy after a couple get WOUNDED. went against 12 looters with 20 vlandian footmen. As usual my two wanderers (shielmaiden and willowbark because reasons) get knocked out immediately and after that my 20 footmen just turn tails and run off. I payed all wages and had all the food so wtf dudes.

Never happened to me...well...I like horses and spears, so, looters won't live that much to intimidate anybody :smile: And yep, my companion for as strong as they should be get killed waaay to fast when on foot. Again, level up 1 time everybody, 20 soldiers should remain something around 50 salary...so affordable. And as far as I know arrows + cavalry charge are the things which will impact the most enemy morale, so, for 40 looters you need just 2 or 3 cavalry (so you and your companions) and 10 archers, with 10 infantry placed in front of them, shield wall (so no rock killings) just to avoid looters attacking your archers. I always end up chasing 20 or 30 looters killing them to level up faster...

Never happened to me...well...I like horses and spears, so, looters won't live that much to intimidate anybody :smile: And yep, my companion for as strong as they should be get killed waaay to fast when on foot. Again, level up 1 time everybody, 20 soldiers should remain something around 50 salary...so affordable. And as far as I know arrows + cavalry charge are the things which will impact the most enemy morale, so, for 40 looters you need just 2 or 3 cavalry (so you and your companions) and 10 archers, with 10 infantry placed in front of them, shield wall (so no rock killings) just to avoid looters attacking your archers. I always end up chasing 20 or 30 looters killing them to level up faster...
Oh yeah, a death squad of sharpshooters to get the kills, a line of shields to get the aggro and a squad of riders to break the enemy is the goal. always works.
EDIT: btw beta hotfix just came out making the prices more varied. workshops will still probably suck doe.

Nice! I LOVE these guys! I mean...this is how a EA is supposed to work...hey DEVS this is broken...boom...hotfix! I just hope for caravans...They were my primary "getting millionaire" way.

Nice! I LOVE these guys! I mean...this is how a EA is supposed to work...hey DEVS this is broken...boom...hotfix! I just hope for caravans...They were my primary "getting millionaire" way.

Caravans should start making profit after hotfix. Just give them some time. After 10-15 game days they will continue working better.

See? That's what I was talking about! Please extend my thanks to all your team, you guys rock! signed: very very very happy customer :smile:

Caravans should start making profit after hotfix. Just give them some time. After 10-15 game days they will continue working better.

May I suggest you go over the workshop formulas asap? You clearly changed the base price of a lot of stuff and sometimes the raw materials cost more then the finished products can be sold for, even in places with local supply from villages in high prospetity towns. I just opened an ironmonger in a city with an iron village and it made me 9 denars the first day 7 the second and it kept fluctuating there.
Most workshop simply don't work with the changes you made, and since most of early game warbands run on that income I believe this should be addressed ASAP.
Since I might get your attention I should probaly inform you that most generic npcs such as arena masters, guards and inkeeps are all using the teenager/young adult body type, appearing way too young.

Back
Top Bottom