Resolved 1.4.2 Reinforcement in siege don't go to position, the behave as if f6 is on, when it is off.

Users who are viewing this thread

PLEASE make them just go where their formation was told to go! I cannot put them anywhere because I am not anywhere near where I want troops to go!
I don't want to use the worthless siege AI at all, all it does is get units killed! Please make all unit obey commander always!

It isn't only in sieges; reinforcements in all battles will charge, even if the formation they spawn into was last given a different order (e.g retreat), and even if the other units in that formation are still following that last order.

Can you upload a video of this to upload.taleworlds.com? Please include this thread's link in the description so I can identify it.
If the situation comes up I will, but I don't siege in this manner anymore. This original report was 8 months ago.
The way the situation arises is when I would take down the walls and move party to the edge of the map and go in alone, after killing enough enemies to proc a reinforcement spawn (do to max unit in battle limit), the reinforcement troops would charge in to the town rather then going to the spot where the rest are holding and due to the lack of a mini map it was hard to make them stop and go away as I would have to visibly move the cursor to a safe spot.... and I can't if I'm inside the walls or inner yard.

I circumvent this problem now by retreating my entire force from the siege and subsequently (if desired) retreating myself and re-starting siege with my forces, rather then attempting to hide them on the edge of the map and activate them later. I also don't take the walls down anymore.

But the basic issue of what a reinforcement spawn during a offensive siege does could still be looked into by devs. Should be easy for them to see if they are coded to know the last order /placement of their group and fallow it, or if they spawn with some other order such as delegated command or charge.

But the basic issue of what a reinforcement spawn during a offensive siege does could still be looked into by devs.
Again, this isn't a siege reinforcement-spawn issue; it's a general reinforcement-spawn issue. And it definitely needs looking at, because it causes all kinds of bull**** casualties which shouldn't be happenening.

Back
Top Bottom