SP - General 1.4.1 Broken Economy

Users who are viewing this thread

So far in early access I've made plenty of money by running several caravans and owning shops. In this past patch, I'm currently owner of Charas with 15 caravans and 2 shops. My garrison is 200+Militia. In all games prior to 1.4.1 I made tons of money and was able to maintain an empire, however with the release of 1.4.1, I can't break even. The caravan size needs to be restored to increase with clan tier size. To have caravans full of the best troops I can buy get killed by forest bandits and looters is absolutely unacceptable. 30 man caravans is totally too small.. Not sure what the devs are trying to accomplish by making caravans useless. I should be bringing in about 5k to 10k a day with all my trading lanes. Not so. I'm losing 1k to 2k a day. Thank god for console commands or this build would be totally unplayable for me. I feel like troop wages have gone way up after this patch, not sure if that's the case.

As an aside, RNG in conversations is totally broken. I just saved before trying to convince a noble to join my kingdom. I reloaded the save eleven times trying to convince on the first question at 42% chance for a critical success. Eleven fails. I gave up.

Trading seems to be broken now. I decided to try a trader game tonight. I was able to find decent returns for the first couple years. After that, I'm seeing the same prices everywhere. 100's of most trading goods in all cities with the prices continuing to get lower everywhere. Saw hardwood prices in the teens for the first time.

It's a big waste of time for such a boring gameplay style. I can make significantly more just fighting looters.

Back
Top Bottom