0.502 bugs, fixed and unfixed

Users who are viewing this thread

Just DON"T PAY HIM.  He's really very forgiving and will eventually wipe out your debt.  Keep begging off until he gives up.  As for re-looting a town, I've notived that I also have a much bigger group when I come back, and that affects results.  With a large enough army I don't need to fight at all, event the first time.  I show up, they run away, I grab loot.

Correct. It depends on the Town Forces and your Forces if you fight or not. If the peasants think they have a chance they will attack. Else they will flee and let you loot.

Try your best to get fiefs close to the capital and close to the sea. It helps a little with the economy.

I've also noted that the farther peasants have to go, they tend to get attacked more.

I had no problems with my fief when I started in Calradia. Perhaps you can try to start there. You usually get a fief that is pretty far away from the front lines and as long as you can destroy their armies they wont start raids.

Here's a little bug that freaked me out AND the fix for it (I been looking through the source you had up on mbrepository 'cause I love your mod and I think its ingenius and I was wondering if the bug was serious enough to ruin my game).

The sheikh guy in Catal Fimi will tell you the town is known for producing INVALID ITEMs (which really sorta bummed me out as my reward for a long and grueling battle with Atranabush heh).

The error is because of this in module_triggers:

# calatafimi
      (party_set_slot,"p_village_tp2", slot_castle_exterior,   "scn_castle_5_exterior"),
      (party_set_slot,"p_village_tp2", slot_village_type,   vt_highland_fort),
      (party_set_slot,"p_village_tp2", slot_village_sheikh,   "trp_sheikh_tp2"),
      (party_set_slot,"p_village_tp2", slot_village_liege,   "trp_arab_lord_31"),
      (party_set_slot,"p_village_tp2", slot_metropole,   "fac_trapani"),
      (party_set_slot,"p_village_tp2", slot_village_religion, sfn_arab),
      (party_set_slot,"p_village_tp1", slot_village_crop, "itm_finest_wine"),

Which makes belastrate produce fine wine, and makes calatafimi produce nothing in particular, I'm guessing, since its never assigned a value for that.

What's funny is that catalfimi seems to be very economically healthy in my game compared to all my other villages in Atranabush WITHOUT having any particular specialty heh.

I mean, all my other Atranabush villages are completely trashed and unprofitable from the war and the economy in general (Mazar, which is where I came from, is just as bad, salt is not making ANY money on the west coast heh) but Catalafimi is still thumping away with positive indexes in everything (they even have enough tools and capital goods and luxuries!) and a decent pile of liquid cash, even though it was the castle we held in the war to drain the enemy capital of troops haha.

So I'm wondering if having a speciality crop is actually killing the economy of a lot of these little towns somehow, I mean, I wonder, if I fix this thing, is it going to trash the healthy economy of the only profitable village in my province or what, y'know?

I hope you are going to keep working on BfS, its so much more entertaining than plain vanilla M&B, and you are so good at this stuff, I was really looking forward to all the stuff you were going to try, I'll be heartbroken if they wear you out helping THEM with THEIR stuff haha.

If I could ask for one thing, it'd be for you to put the source code with whatever the latest fixes and stuff are so I could mess with it (I don't want to play an older version just to be able to look for bugs and stuff, I think the source code version I have is 0.500 and not the 0.502 that I'm playing).

Anyway thanks for the awesome game, man, I really do appreciate it.

Seven Devils -- Thanks for the bug report and the fix. That's quite interesting that a fief with no speciality (and which produces less goods than any other) does better in trade. It might indicate a flaw with the economic model in general, rather than just a bug. I'll have to give this some thought.

To everyone else who filed reportsd and sent in their save games -- many apologies for not acting on them. I've had a fairly busy couple of months, but should be able to put some serious work into BfS in a few weeks' time.

I'll check now to make sure that the latest source is up on mbrepository

Back
Top Bottom