Сowardice?

Users who are viewing this thread

I wonder why players often make voting in Invasion mode  Poland vs Cossacks. Very easy to kill Cossacks they have no shields and armor. Poles have the same also shields and bows and heavy armor which none factions have not. Somehow Polish horse archers much better than the Ottoman archers.Why? Ottoman Empire used bows to the 19th century and had a bow is much stronger than the Polish and the Ottomans possessed them better than the Poles. So, many players are afraid to play in the rain because there is always a misfire. Too easy to kill naked Cossacks than armed Ottomans with shields and bows and muskets. I understand that this mod is made by the Poles and of course they made their faction stronger. difficult to penetrate their armor and musket can not always kill the owner of this armor.I played for the Swedes, and realized that the Swedes did not have any chance against the Polish cavalry archers. This mockery especially when you're on foot, you have only one musket with one shot and rapier. And then starts spamming arrows. I do not understand how an arrow pierces the cuirass? Arrows should rebound. I understand that with this impact is not pleasant feelings, but you can make so that Arrows against cuirass applied little damage. or need special arrows to try to break the cuirass.How should we fight against them? Scare them with our long pikes but in this case be shot by archers and musketeers? I hope in updating drawbacks of other factions will be removed and the game will be at least some balance.

look this video .which rarely arrow fully penetrated cuirass. but then the cuirass is round and there creates a space and clothes between the body and armor. sheet metal was completely break when much was deformed previous shot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Xp56uVyxs

in this video is not broken cuirass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCywaYlQxWE

invasion never will be even close to imitating siege, so lil` distance is needed; but you are right about polish archers - they are overhelming

And I am tired of situations where I am the last man standing, and 2 guys are coming for me, I kill the other one in bloody melee and the other one just runs off and grabs a musket and shoots me :neutral:

But well, I do agree that it is getting little boring to play the damned Poles v Cossack invasions again and again, and the Poles do seem to be quite overpowered with their accurate and deadly horse archers.

Siberian Cossack said:
1. Invasion. Nuff said. Seriously.

2. People use knives as a weapon since times before history, but it doesn't mean, that it's more effective than a sword. Just because a weapon is used for a long time doesn't mean, that it's somehow great. The fact that Ottoman used bows in 19c means that they had a great problem in adapting to warfare of their time. Just that. Also, do you have any statistical record of how much better Ottomans were with bows than Poles? I'm not denying anything here, but it'd be nice if you handed some evidence.

3. Polish hussar's armor was the one of the best of the time if not the best. Period. It was able to stop musket balls. That's actually how these were tested. A cuirass was shot with a pistol at point blank range to see if it stops the ball.

4. Musket armed infantry has no chances against Horse Archers. No matter of nationality. That's how it simply was back then.

The balancing problem comes from the fact, that this mod is supposed to be historically accurate. There was no such thing as "balance" in history, so some weapons or formations were simply better than others.

Well, for some reason I find it quite hard to believe that Polish horse archers were better than Tatars, who were nomads and pretty much lived by shooting with a bow from horseback.

jepekula said:
Well, for some reason I find it quite hard to believe that Polish horse archers were better than Tatars, who were nomads and pretty much lived by shooting with a bow from horseback.
Heresy, Poland is superior to and in everything!

jepekula said:
We were talking about Polish-Ottoman "archery competition", not Polish-Tatar. Also, don't forget, that currently Polish "Light Cavalry" is supposed to represent all kind of units from Polish Noblemen to Polish Tatars. Just look at their equipment.

Well, the Poles still do have the best damn horse archers. And heavy cavalry. And didn't their levy infantry get shovels? Can't remember, I usually avoid playing as Poles. But well, on quick glance, they seem to have the best of everything.

jepekula said:
Well, the Poles still do have the best damn horse archers. And heavy cavalry. And didn't their levy infantry get shovels? Can't remember, I usually avoid playing as Poles. But well, on quick glance, they seem to have the best of everything.

you're right

3dBoy said:
The mod is made by Poles for Poles.
You didn't expect Polish faction to be worse than Cossacks, did you? :roll:

then why devs are even trying to do naval battles - we haven`t had "any" fleet in this period

KuroiNekouPL said:
The balancing problem comes from the fact, that this mod is supposed to be historically accurate. There was no such thing as "balance" in history, so some weapons or formations were simply better than others.

then commonwealth should be always outnumbered ;]

Back
Top Bottom