Search results for query: *

1. Armagan: A Suggestion/Discuission

I didnt say most bought it for the editor, but alot less. Perhaps Most wouldnt have bought it if not for its editor.

The Main reason the PC version sold was for its editor, if not the Xbox one wouldnt have ever even been released.
  2. Armagan: A Suggestion/Discuission

MOST of the sales, Much more then 0.01%
  3. Armagan: A Suggestion/Discuission

Yeah I changed the head and it is now my real head, :p

Well you do understand that if a full fledged and powerful editor was released, there would be many COMPLETE games with balance, storylines, quests etc, being built by the week by the community. As it is now there is, what 3 people working on the game? But with such an editor anyone could work on it! It would be finished much faster in my opinion with the focus more on the community games.

Besides even with it being Beta version any MODs made should be compatable with the newer version of the game unles sthe change something extremely drastic. The transition from 7.0-7.11 was mod surivivable. Not only would it be practice but alot of things, Models, Sounds, Textures, DIalogue, Quests, Items, Factions and mostly everything should be compatable with all following versions. Even if a few components had to be scrapped most of it woulod be able to survive. The Neverwinter Nights and Morrowind editors have both had numerous huge overhauls in teh game's engine since release and the older MODs still worked perfectly with the newer versions.

If the editor Im thinking of was released next month, there would be many working BETA total conversions out by the following month. As it is now with only 3 people working on the entire game in all of its aspects, This game wont be finished until 2007 at least. But with the Official guys only focusing on the maqin engine instead of game content things would get done alot faster without sacrificing quality.

The bulk of the Morrowind and NWN community are Modder/players, and without those powerful editors the game's community would have died out YEARS ago in both cases. No game lasts as long as those two without that sort of ease of modability. Even the Unreal Tournament games, they would not be a fraction as popular as they are if not for the modding tools availible to them.
  4. Armagan: A Suggestion/Discuission

Well, some suggestions may be addressed by the moderators and community members, such as a suggestion for multiplayer. Most of us are able to properly answer this "Not until Mount And Blade 2". However my 'ideas' can only be properly addressed by Armagan himself since there has been no information given to the extent of the editor that will be made availible.

I do not imply that Armagan owes me anything or that he must read my idea, I am just posting it here so that the entire community may discuss their opinions on the subject and so that Armagan himself may if he pleases, read through and comment on my 'dream'.

By the way, it isnt "Armagan, please read" its "Armagan" as one would address a letter, it isnt a petition or demand, just an idea meant for the eyes of Armagan and open to the public for discussion.
  5. Armagan: A Suggestion/Discuission

Rude? Including his name in the title? Ummm, Not quite. Armagan's name was included in the title to show that the topic was directed at and created FOR Armagan to read. Most topics are aimed at the general community asking a question that anyone can answer or showing off something, This topic on the other hand is aimed directly at Armagan himself as well it doesnt matter if anybody sees it, as long as he does. Which is the reasonf or this topic's existance... so, rude? No. I wish not to TEMPT him into reading it, but to choose to read it of his own free will ::Rollseyes :: . No, my "Suggestions" is not more important then anyone elses, but mine is directly directly at Armagan.
  6. Armagan: A Suggestion/Discuission

What I hope to see for Mount and Blade is a much more powerful and easy to use editor. A GUI editor to be more precise. Like the ones used in Morrowind or even in Neverwinter Nights. With this sort of editor anyone can pick it up and spend more time building then tweaking silly text files. I do...
  7. You obtained lv6.. now go buy the game!

I have wasted 500$ on games this year and I spent 14$ on my faovite game OF the year (Mount and Blade) so I highly reccomend it.
  8. Module Builder Problem

Yeah I got it, Thanks guys
  9. Module Builder Problem

I have installed Python and can open the various Python files, however when I try to run the "build_module.bat" I get this C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\ModuleSystem>python process_strings.py 'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file...
  10. Game Engine?

Besides, development and alpha releases for Mount and Blade began before Blender even had any sort of usable game engine, but even in its current state I doubt it could do all that is done in Mount and Blade.

Did anone, ever find a stable and playable game made with blender's engine? I looked around a few months ago but I couldnt find anything but a few really crappy, glitchy and bad performing "games" that I wouldnt play even if they were the only games in existance. (No offense to the authors, of course.)
  11. Game Engine?

Yeah Blender has a srt of thing built in but that has nthing to do with M&B. The only games ever made with blender's engine are completely crappy buggy glitchy and run amazingly bad :razz:
  12. How it is possible to bloke a thrusting weapon with a sword?

The point of the previous poster is this.
    When parrying your character will do the defensive manuver to deflect the incoming blow he anticipates. When an enemy raises his weapon over his head your char will respond with a horizonal deflection stance when the right click is held. So when fighting an enemy with only a single attack 'thrust' your character has no problem being constantly in anticipation of a thrust, which while holding the right click your char will have no issue simply deflecting the slow moving poker out of the way.
  13. The Crossbow Bible

THe same wiki also shows how unrelaible that experiment was.

* The draw weight of the English longbows used may or may not have been correct. It is unlikely that they were using bows with the average draw weight of those found on the Mary Rose;
    * The bodkin arrow heads which were used in the tests was one of many possible designs;
    * The tests assumed that the majority of armour was steel of consistent quality and that the arrow heads were of iron, when they too might have been steel;
    * It failed to test what would happen at close range with arrows aimed at weak points in the armour.
    * The tests also failed to account for the fact that the average English archer was the master of his trade able to consistently hit targets in excess of two hundred yards.

There is a good chang the Englush Arrowheads were made of steel, or designed specificially for armor piercing.
  14. Hi im a 3D artist, does your game need free help?

I would also be more then happy to contribute any amount of models of almost anything. I only use Blender however, si i dont know if Armagan will be able to make it's file formats compatable.

http://byblos.2.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=18

I mostly make weapons since they dont require much texturing.
  15. Weapons in battle

I WILL LANCE YOU QUICKLY!
  16. Anyone ever looked towards the sky ...

Skyshperes are NOT processor intensive, It is a single textured half-sphere. Heards are spheres and we dont call them "processor intensive" and the staff should really consider upgrading to one.

We have been using skyspheres instead of skyboxes for as long as we have been able to render smooth spheres. Im a modeller and can tell you rendering a sphere takes <3 clicks to do! lol.
  17. wow

. said:
    ur all a bunch of losers, get a life u ****in nerds

lol you are saying that isnt spam?
    Or do you fail to understand they are all the same person.
  18. Joystick Support

Great thanks Lady.

I wonder if it works with the analog sticks?
  19. Joystick Support

Duncan Frost said:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHH CONSOLE JUNKIES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!
    *runs out of forum, never to return*

I have an X-Box controller, but no X-Box :razz:

I have an Adapter, Controller, Set up Program and Drivers, M&B doesnt recocnise it though, neither does any game without an "Enable Joystick" Option.

Hey Armagan or someone, can ya at least say NO! :smile:
  20. Joystick Support

Xbox controller is same thing as PS2 controller only shaped differently you blasted morons!
Back
Top Bottom