Search results for query: *

• Users: Ozwan
  • Order by date
  1. Ozwan

My progress so far, not very impressed.

Mr.Milker said:
    You preordered a game? That's on you. If you don't want to experience initial bugs, don't buy games on release and wait for patches. It's not that hard, you know.

No, bub, when a game is being released it's supposed to be working fine. This isn't advertised as alpha testing, this is the final release. We are expecting it to run flawlessly, especially considering this is just a small mod on top of an existing game.
  2. Ozwan

Your personal Viking Conquest rating (X out of 10)

kalarhan said:
    Okie okie I exagerated a little. But I think my point is clear :wink: . Two-handed weapons are not a good choice against a well trained enemy. If the battle is a mess and chaotic with everyone running around its another thing. Oh and I did mention 4 uses, not just one (break doors).

Please stop posting about stuff you know little about. Google huscarls.

3. Ozwan

Suggestions

So new patch not only brought zero fixes for long axe but also this

Made short spear unable to block

nFVXxDZ.jpg

4. Ozwan

Suggestions

There's a shieldbash in cRPG? Since when?
  5. Ozwan

Suggestions

hrotha said:
    However, taking into account how easy manual blocking is, shield blocking just isn't that much of an advantage in comparison. Think in terms of 1 vs 1 here.

It's so easy in here because weapons are so slow.

About 1v1, I basically put my shield away any time I'm fighting 1v1 simply because you can't block with shield while kicking and most of Vikingr players have facehugging syndrome thus it's quite effective way of getting around five minute fights. Other thing is that I prefer to give myself some challenge so that I don't fall asleep because of shield v shield combat.

Rule zum Rabensang said:
    If he's indeed backpedalling while shield-blocking and doing nothing else, where's the problem? He is no danger, he does not help his team, and he will be slain eventually, even if it is only after all his teammates have been laid down while he took a walk.

I think I answered this already, he's undeservedly keeping himself alive and waiting for his backup to arrive and gangbang you. Besides, from a realism standpoint that's just plain stupid and the guy couldn't be a passive pacifist turtle. It's just Warband mechanics of making shields effortlessly protect you from everything until they break.
  6. Ozwan

Suggestions

hrotha said:
    But who does that? Most people at least try to get in an attack every now and then. Playing is pretty pointless otherwise.

A guy who can't play but knows his teammates are eventually going to come and save him. Happens all the time in Vikingr.

hrotha said:
    Right now good manual blockers aren't at enough of a disadvantage vs shield users.

You mean the other way around I suppose? Playing with a shield is way too easy currently.
  7. Ozwan

Suggestions

Rule zum Rabensang said:
    Sorry, but that's simply not true. You can easily hit a shield-blocking foe in his flank or even back, it's just a matter of position, footwork or surprise.

No, you cant, 1v1 a guy who just installed Warband the first time can stall anyone for unreasonably long time by just backpeddling and pressing rmb.

Is this even possible to make blocking with shield requiring some lesser form of manual blocking with WSE etc.? Or are we really stuck with this invulnerability field activated by pressing a button?
  8. Ozwan

Suggestions

FimbulTýr said:
    Maybe that's a bit radical, but one could try to remove the blocking ability for all weapons...
    Fighting without shield would be much more agressive then because one could only deflect blows by chambering. This would buff axes in shieldcombat because they destroy the shield of the enemy faster and it would nerf swords in shieldcombat, but make them stronger shieldless fighting, because they're longer and faster.

:lol:

So your suggestion is basically to force absolutely everyone to use a shield and get instakilled once it breaks by any competent player because he'll just hold his attack? How about make changes to increase skillcap instead of gradually removing all skill-based elements of the fighting mechanics and turning this mod more and more into utterly boring slugfest of two shieldmen bashing each others shields for two minutes.

For example more ways to get around the shield, it's simply hilarious for me that any player can just hold rmb and S and there's no way for you to do anything to him until his shield breaks, which already takes ages in Vikingr.

Some form of manual blocking for shields would be great.
  9. Ozwan

Suggestions

Alright, noticed some other things which didn' exactly make me happy:

- cavalry spear can be only used overarm - what the hell? Why?
    - cav javelin is unsheathable - again, what the hell? How does this make any sense at all?
    - rider gets bumped when charging into someone - seriously, wtf, horse already not only dies from one throwing weapon or lucky arrow, but it also takes damage for some reason when bumping, now you can't even bumpslash in here?

You guys seem to be going in a very wrong direction with this. Two handed axes are already useless, now it seems that cavalry is getting nerfed to the ground aswell. Constantly lowering the skillcap, 1v1 melee fights between somewhat competent players already take ages because all weapons are so slow, it literally can take a minute to get through the defense of average manual blocker, or until I just get bored to death and start spamming. Its like playing in slowmotion. Imho you should just raise weapon speeds all across the board by 3-4 points, so a basic sword would have a more reasonable speed of 98-100 and melee fighting would become more skill-based and less boredom again. And reverse those cav changes, they are ridiculous.
  10. Ozwan

Suggestions

Why did you guys remove kill count but kept deaths? I much preferred it the normal way, now there's no way of telling about someone's performance in a bigger battle.

Also, two handed axes: they already were crap and next to useless in a fight against people who know how to play due to absurdly slow speed, low range, unbalanced and being unable to kite due to slow movement, now you also can't even block with them apart from the shortest ones...? 
  11. Ozwan

PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Brūnanburh (April 28th)

nurgle01099 said:
    Todays event was great! I spliced together some clips I took just like the last event if anyone wants to watch them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZaNWjoc9IA&feature=youtu.be

This is great. :smile:
  12. Ozwan

Post-event analysis and critique

I haven't participated in many events like this so far in Vikingr, but I think you did excellent job organizing this. In my opinion though it was way too short, we played 8 rounds and the whole playtime (meaning excluding the initial delay and pauses) of the event didn't last that much longer than one map in normal circumstances.
  13. Ozwan

Vikingr music corner

That reminds me I was to check out new Robin Hood's OST in general. Streitenfeld had some excellent pieces in Body of Lies.
  14. Ozwan

PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Brūnanburh (April 28th)

Please add me to Engle side. Pub division.
  15. Ozwan

Vikingr music corner

Leifr Eiríksson said:

brofist.png

Wardruna is awesome. I find Hedningarna and Wolfsblood to be quite good too.

16. Ozwan

Best multiplayer mods for Warband?

Vikingr and thats about it.

cRPG used to be quite good but it declined terribly. NW if you're into that period and enjoy playing FPS with muskets.

17. Ozwan

Vikingr 0.95 Download

Just FYI Gamefront is giving an error again. Dead download links may give false idea about the mod not being active.  :wink:

PS. No, I don't download Vikingr every other day after work.
  18. Ozwan

Vikingr 0.95 Download

Seems that filefront links died.
  19. Ozwan

The kick

I dont see any reason why change kicking at all. Combat is really slow already in Vikingr and without kick when two average native/cRPG blockers meet the fight won't end in any sort of reasonable time, meaning first one to get bored loses. Nerfing kick is just lowering the skillcap and decreasing overall fight dynamics. And facehuggers get away with impunity.

The "realism" argument is erroneus on it's own simply because Mount&Blade combat apart from also using swords has nothing to do with how actual combat looks like. It's all just a fantasy mechanic that is already very simple, we shouldn't make it any simpler.

20. Ozwan

Bugs & Problems

Looted weapons persistence to the next round is very annoying and incosistent  ; a lot of times one picks up a javelin and doesn't have it next round, then again often it happens he picks one, throws it and next round it's there in one's inventory. Same thing with shields. I'm actually sort of discouraged towards looting shields since chances are I'm going to spawn with two next round and no weapon.

It's especially aggravating as a horseman, your lance breaks, you throw the broken half away, dismount to loot some better sword/whatever off the ground - replacing the one you have - and next round you start with two swords and no lance at all. Is it set in stone that a looted item is placed in first free slot of your inventory - replacing the lance in this case - or can you set some sort of "priority" so a horseman would never accidentally deprive himself of his main weapon by trying to get a better sword?
Back
Top Bottom