Search results for query: *

• Users: tostig
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. tostig

Help me build a new PC for £500

(This thread may be in the wrong area. Feel free to move it, but since it pertains more to other games than to anything else I thought here might be as good as anywhere.) So, my new PC is beginning to show its age a little. Well, more than a little I last updated it to play Half Life: Day of...
  2. tostig

I bet you a tenner I know where the next war is going to break out.

Assassinations, bombings, abductions, pot-shots taken at military helicopters and TV stations, assaults against law enforcement officers up by 103.4 percent — Ingushetia’s on fire. Why do you miserable maggots care? Because Ingushetia has borders with Russia, Chechnya, North Ossetia and Georgia...
  3. tostig

There's an albino ferret in my kitchen...

...and he's eating my catfood. The RSPCA won't pick him up for 24 hours, he's gotten behind the skirting board and washing machine, so there's no way in hell of pulling him out, and he stinks of stale piss. I|ex, looking for a new partner? You'd have to collect them though...
  4. tostig

Dwarf Fortress Succession Game

So, having decided that the time is right to leave our ancestral halls beneath the mountains, myself and six of my closest friends have been looking for a site on which to found our new home. As my dwarfs find the necessary equipment and provisions for founding a new home, I'm considering this...
  5. tostig

So...

Do we care?
  6. tostig

Shogun: Total War

So us good old fashioned elitists can point and laugh at the newbies. Seriously, the game had more or less one faction, for all the difference it made, but it was still a much more atmospheric, strategic and tactical game than Rome. Medieval was just Shogun with the volume turned up - hell, I...
  7. tostig

Shield bashing, already.

Shield bashing. Attempting to use your shield offensively. Implement it all ready. Yes, I know that it's been suggested a hundred thousand times before, but I feel like suggesting it again. Being able to push out with a shield was integral to medieval combat, and this same "shoving" needs to...
  8. tostig

Chaos at the Gates "Bow and Shield" poll.

In Chaos at the Gates mod it's possible to use some bows with a shield. Unfortunately it is only possible to define whether or not the combination is possible by the bow, so for instance a nomad bow can be used with a board shield as easily as it can a buckler. Some bows, such as war bows, can't...
  9. tostig

SP Native Chaos at the Gates [v0.3 Released 14/06/08] [Picture Heavy]

The year is 1215; and Calradia is being plunged into darkness. The Swadians, having seized power with the collapse of the old Empire are set upon from all sides. To the south the Khergit horsemen, once paid to protect them, are raiding across the mountains. The Vaegir clans of the north-west...
  10. tostig

Exeter Explosion

Well, someone let off a nailbomb in the toilet of an over-priced cafe restaurant, so I've had a pretty hectic day. Rumors and cordons abound. If anyone's interested thisisexeter has pretty good coverage. I was a street away, but it was quite fun listening to the chatter on the shops' radios...
  11. tostig

Steppe armour and weapons circa 1250

I'm not well versed on the equipment used by Steppe nomads, so I was wondering if the kind people of the forums (lol) could fill me in on what kind of armour, weapons, horses and so on the inhabitants of the steppes would have used around the middle of the C13th. On top of this, which items...
  12. tostig

Travellers know the location of Companions

Quite simply, it would be exceedingly helpful to be able to ask the travellers that you find in pubs the location of recruitable NPC companions. For example: It would take what, five minutes to write?
  13. tostig

Companion Backstories.

This is taken from 0.951, so if there have been any changes, then please let me know. Sometimes when you go past a location on the world map, a dialogue will spring up with your companion and they'll tell you a short piece on the local area. In many ways this is the best history we have of...
  14. tostig

Time travel

Is anyone else on this board interested in time travel? I'll be holding a meeting last wednesday. Hope to have seen you all there!
  15. tostig

Heraldic Items Discussion

Seeing how I couldn't find anything obvious on the subject (correct me if I'm wrong), but I thought that a discussion of the new heraldry system might be useful for all of us. I texture things, so I had a look at that side of things. Each shield seems to have three textures. The banner...
  16. tostig

SoulStorm

How many of us have it so far? Would you be up for online games with the usual suspects, or is it not worth it without DoW:XP? Am I asking questions for the entire contents of my post? :)
  17. tostig

I recieved a random email last night...

At about one in the morning I got a random email last night from [email protected]: Fair enough, I thought. A bit retentive, but nothing I should be rude about. In anycase, I sent him a fairly friendly responce: And then things got weird. Until then I had just thought that (assuming Mr Tostige...
Back
Top Bottom