Search results for query: *

1. Ryantheskinny

Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

I tried clearing out the hideout in the previous campaign, and it counted me as "1 of 5 parties eliminated"...
    It is dependant on jow many parties are in the hideout. (The little pitch fork icon).

For this particular quest i will sometimes clear out the hideouts but usually i only take it if i am equipped for it, such as having a small party or ehough horses to increase my speed or a mainly horseman based party. Otherwise I have to skip it based on if there is no hideout close with enough parties or my party is not equipped for chasing smaller bands. Its just how the game works and isnt something that needs to be changed, you need to adjust your warband to the quests you take or hire a companion to handle them for you.
  2. Ryantheskinny

Can you please enable removal of Order of Battle and set teams with numbers like it was before?

Can't have a pure javelin / skirmish line either, rendering a portion of the Sturgian troop tree far less useful bordering on useless - just like the stupid OOB itself.

A real shame too because the faction is supposedly designed around strong infantry and would call for that tactic.

Players, myself included, have been complaining about OOB since it was (Poorly & halfheartedly, a TW specialty.) implemented. It's fallen on deaf ears. Whether it's because of some stupid sunk cost thinking, or thinking they know better than the people who actually play the game there is no telling.

You absolutely can and rather easily divide your troops up in such a way. Sure it requires a small set up time however once its setup it usually stays exactly how I want it without much fiddling required until i rather mass upgrade or recruit a large batch of new soldiers.
    I only needed to set two groups one heavy armor and high level the other throwing weapons. I was even capable of seperating my recruits out by making a third group and setting it to lower level and added high level to the skirmisher group.

There are a few instances where the OOB just straight up bugs out though and if you arent paying attention you can really jack the groups up if you forget your commander has javelin and now your wondering why your spearman group has this random brigand in it lol.
  3. Ryantheskinny

Much harder to do with low athletics though. The better skilled you become the easier tournaments become though. It wasn't much realistic you faced off with a recruit or some other low tier at the end fight either though.
    I have noticed better equipped and higher tier units or nobles are making it to the later rounds more consistently. Athletics is the key to tournament victories that is for sure, early on you are so slow it can be hard to maneuver especially if you get surrounded.
  4. Ryantheskinny

We have made the following clarification to the Beta v1.2.5 patch notes:
    They are still incredibly susceptible to side stepping. Rotating around them in a counter clockwise direction if they have a shield almost always guarantees victory, no real change noticed in 1.2.5 to this strategy.
  5. Ryantheskinny

In Progress Kranirog (sp?) Castle

its still like this as of 1.2.5
    i am guessing its a placeholder?
  6. Ryantheskinny

Thanks for reporting on the state of the patch.

I noticed a few small issues in my play as of 1.2.5 the name plates for npcs during conversation seem to have moved to the left. I don't think this was an intended change. As well i have been making a list with screenshots of small issues in scenes and the campaign map i will try to post in support soon (but those have existed for quite some time)
  7. Ryantheskinny

Who of the old guard are still around?

Goodness i didnt realize i joined this forum in 2010 and yet im still not an old timer.
  8. Ryantheskinny

Can you please enable removal of Order of Battle and set teams with numbers like it was before?

@Piconi please bring this up in the meeting for devs, come back to this game and after 200hours of testing, the order battle system is unstable, my troops always go into wrong formation after each battle, I have 2 groups of cav, one with throwing another is pure melee, the third group is companions only, these two group always share troops to companions group, what the hell is that ? the old system that allow us to manage them in party screen is totally fine. Please piority this one in the next beta patch, really annoying with the new order battle system
    I noticed this too. Companion only groups are not saving well and sometimes delete themselves if you dont add some troops. As well as my groups get mixed up really bad whenever i mass upgrade troops.
    Also i notice during missions where you are entering a fight to assist i.e. trade caravan ambush, your groups get mixed up but that might be intentional.
    Otherwise i like the change especially now that we do have some control over its allocation of troops. However some additional options would be nice.

If we could also get the option to switch percentage to number of units that would make modifying the groups much more precise imo.
  9. Ryantheskinny

Resolved Game crashes immediately after I click "Campaign"

As of 1.0.6 I am experiencing this crash as well.

Computer Specs: Dell laptop Inspiron 7559,
    GPU:Gtx 960M and Intel HD 530
    CPU:Intel i7-6700hq 2.6 GHz
    RAM: 8gb
  10. Ryantheskinny

Need More Info crash on loading into campaign from character creation.

Summary: game crashes to desktop upon finishing character creation. How to Reproduce: create character and start game Quest/Settlement Name (if related): n/a Media (Screenshots & Video): sent a report via the crash reporter for version 1.0.4, however I was unable to for 1.0.5 Version: 1.0.4 and...
  11. Ryantheskinny

This game is a reskin of M&B Warband

It's the best reskin I've ever bought! Can't wait for the fixes to the memory issues :smile:
  12. Ryantheskinny

Nice april fools TW

Why am I a lady???
  13. Ryantheskinny

In Progress Low FPS

Similar issue to OP. Heavy lag, mainly while swing a weapon in battles (with even small groups) on lowest setting or even the GeForce recommended settings. Lag usually slowly increases throughout the game time, to the point it becomes impossible to continue and restarting the computer is sometimes necessary. Have tried a couple "bandaid" fixes but to no major effect. It's really wierd when sometimes the game also runs at 40-60 fps on medium settings but that will always slowly decrease with every loading screen.

Stats are:
    Dell laptop Inspiron 7559,
    Intel i7-6700hq 2.6 GHz
    8gb ram
    Gtx 960M and Intel HD 530
  14. Ryantheskinny

SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

Tingyun said:
    Ryan: have you thought about recruiting a team to help eventually, especially to help fill out the other cultures troops, scenes, etc? Your project is the type that could really get people excited and attract some talented help, especially as you get more and more cool stuff to show progress with to put on your project page.

I will most certainly require help. I am not very good at modelling and I'm sure if I hand made every scene myself this mod would take forever. I hope that after I get a version 0.1 released I can recruit some volunteers to help me with those two things to help expand the immersion into the early middle ages.

Edit: Currently research is killing my forward momentum. History during my selected time period is very vague due to the Viking invasions. Also not finding good sources and limited time to research is slowing me down tremendously.

Sooooo, if anyone knows some details about Brittany and west frankia during this time (Lords, political divisions, important figures and city/castle/village locations) that would be much appreciated.  :grin:
  15. Ryantheskinny

Screenshots of Map (map is WIP):
    South Ireland (feels Very over populated)
    ud2OhGI.jpg
    Wessex
    Ds9f91u.jpg
    Middle England and Wales
    ALnIV8X.jpg
    North Ireland
    ZP6qNuA.jpg
    Northumbria and Alba
    zbCeuI8.jpg
    The Norselands
    9aehNUb.jpg
    Frisia and East Anglia now The Danelaw
    HEOYUdU.jpg
    The port of Dorestad
    88JXI8r.jpg
    More random pics
    egnA1en.jpg

C3UykJg.jpg

ldn5zCE.jpg

2n3tvti.jpg
    Standard travel showing FPS
    U7sHM9y.jpg
    Fast travel showing FPS
    qHiINnz.jpg

Overall Ireland is over populated using the vanilla layout, while England and the Norse kingdoms feel okay
    Thanks again Tingyun for letting me use your Post. The map will probably be the longest part of getting the mod to a playable state.
  16. Ryantheskinny

Banok said:
    Yeah I was thinking about best way to limit such as requiring being part of faction. but I was leaning on you losing completely enterprises in factions you are at war with, investment reset to before you bought one.

this sounds a bit extreme but it means you can't just faction hop enterprise everywhere, there is a practical limit on how many enterprises you want to buy. it makes some logical sense as if you are a vassal of wessex and chippenham is besieged you have a very strong incentive to defend your factions territory. further if your faction expands then that benefits you also. in this scenario maybe the initial cost should be a bit lower even.

it does mean joining a faction you plan to abandon later for you own kingdom would be harder but that should be a harder path than pure vassal anyway.

ps; no idea how to implement but was assuming since there is already a trigger to temporarily remove income, then it should just be 1 change to that to reset the enterprise (and maybe prevent buying new one if you sneak into city at war with).

edit; sorry my spelling is atrocious, cant even spell chippenham my actual birthplace.

I like what your saying. That would be the most realistic way to prevent enterprises from being OP, they would still make you filthy rich, especially if you help your faction grow. But then you have the 'neutral trader 'playstyles that would suffer.  But historically did outsiders have any land rights in early medieval Europe? You probably had to be a Freeman of that culture/kingdom to even get the approval from the local government to buy land.

Norse trader: "Lord mayor, may I have permission as a peaceful trader to buy land for a business near your fine city?"
    City mayor: "I can't sell a Norseman land in a Saxon city"
    City Lord's: "peaceful, pffft"
    City mayor:  "guards, seize the warmongering Viking threatening to take Saxon land"
    Norse trader: "wtf?"

Whenever I try and think about these things I like to try and play out such scenarios in my head to just try and think, how would they handle this back then.

Anyways...
    I'll be posting some images later trying to show the map density to help give Tingyun a visual of what to expect in Europa 871. Been working on improving the map for playability, unfortunately making some areas completely hideous, but I went with a less dense vertice count to make the map stable. Iirc instead of generating at the normal setting I reduced it quite a bit which made the map sit at 170000 total vertices. After I get a handle on the mesh tools, I will try and decimate it down to a nice playable 120-130k which would be acceptable if your computer can handle VC vanilla. But I don't have any current problems so we will see. The map will not be as pretty as VC vanilla but it will be as pretty as I can make it :p
  17. Ryantheskinny

Bloodpass Warband Map Editor

Well started doing map work again, and tried my (probably too large map) on your editor. The map opens with no issues I can look around and do everything, but as soon as I try and use my parties.py it crashes. I have edited all the icons to use vanilla MnB icons and it still has the same error.

error message:
    Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[jME3 Main,5,main]
    OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
  18. Ryantheskinny

Pode said:
    Perhaps a limit that you must be a noble of the same kingdom as the town's Lord to own an enterprise there. Losing not just fiefs but enterprises also would make it less automatic for me to rebel and make my own kingdom.

This is a most intriguing idea.
  19. Ryantheskinny

If I recall correctly my British isles ended up around 2/3rds the size of the ones in VC vanilla.

The picture used for the factions map is a screenshot of the minimal from the map editor, I will try and get a good in game shot sometime this weekend. As I have placed alot of the vanilla towns and rearranged them for the new factions.

For the density I plan on staying roughly in line with what VC vanilla had. With some thinning maybe in Ireland, depending on how the AI handles the area. As for the mainland I want to stay pretty close to vanillas density, and as historically accurate as possible.
  20. Ryantheskinny

Dev Blog 28/02/19

Idk this is kind of interesting to me. I like watching the parties move and study why they do what they do... maybe its my autism... lol.
    will we get access to this tool? (did I miss that in the blog?)
Back
Top Bottom