Search results for query: *

1. [AG] Heir of Aenarion

Aserai Rebalance when?

I wonder if sturgia can win at least 20% matches against aserai with decent players
    I guess no since it has about 35% total wr in mm and probably even less in beast
    Theres a fun statistics, sturgia wr has negative correlation coefficient with player skill level according to current beast stats, so it looks like that
    Div A: 27%
    Div B: 33%
    Div C: 38%
    Div D: 41%
    and div e is a mess since even aserai has 37%wr there
    I wonder what Nine is gonna balance it around, public matches, div z competitive players or top tier competitive
    This.

Aserai imo are annoying to play with and against in skirm. In captain they are ludicrously OP in pub closed map games where you can mindlessly f1f3 tribal rushes on maps like Hillfort or Deriad, to the point where in organized Aserai would only be allowed on closed maps in mirror matches presently. On open maps they are also top tier with Khuzait, since mamuluke is very versatile for heavy cav, Goliath gives access to T-longest lance in the mode, tribals are still great to stack, etc.
    The game will never be balanced around casual modes TDM and siege, nor should it. You can literally pick factions in those modes (so no need to pick Aserai so no actual problem) and Vlandia is played 75% of the time because it is incredibly noob friendly and those ****ters spam xbow, x-button knights and sergeant within the first minute en mass thanks to OP looter perks where it is beneficial for you to die.
    As someone with ~2,000 wins in captain I firmly believe that Skirmish is the only mode this game should be balanced around, especially since the data in that will most directly translate to and benefit Battle Mode, which will hopefully be out soon.
  2. [AG] Heir of Aenarion

NA Captain Completed NA Captain Draft Tournament #2

Event closed. Thanks to everyone that was interested; hopefully Battle Mode is out soon.
  3. [AG] Heir of Aenarion

If you're interested in playing and don't want to register here because you either don't have a TW forum account or other reasons, you can also sign up via this channel in the Captain's League discord: https://discord.gg/aemqeB3N

Use the same format to register there as above.
  4. [AG] Heir of Aenarion

Changed the rules to 1K wins in total needed to be more inclusive, just screenshot your stats for skirm and for captain if applying to be a captain if you identify more as a skirm main.
  5. [AG] Heir of Aenarion

So there is like 10 of us who play skirmish not that much captain mode and we want to sign up but we cant sisnce we dont have 750 captain wins ? :grin:
    Also I'll do everything I can to work around BEAST matchups for EU/APE players who are interested in this, just need to know about them ahead of time
  6. [AG] Heir of Aenarion

So there is like 10 of us who play skirmish not that much captain mode and we want to sign up but we cant sisnce we dont have 750 captain wins ? :grin:
    Nah, anyone can sign up, you just need 500+ captain wins to register as a captain (where you'd draft the team instead of just getting drafted to a team). Everyone is welcome to sign up to play in it and I'd be glad to have you and any of your DM teammates, RM friends, etc come through
  7. [AG] Heir of Aenarion

Name: Tyrion
    Bannerlord ID: PrinceTyrion#8924
    SteamID: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198217269381/
    DiscordID: HeirofAenarion#1721
    Region: NA West
    Clan Tag: AG
    Interest in Being A Captain: No

(if you answer: Yes) to the last part, post the required screenshot here by using the software of your choice, like I've done with imgur here:
  8. [AG] Heir of Aenarion

NA Captain Draft Tournament #2 It's been a long time since we last had a captain mode competition of any kind, and longer still since the first draft tournament. I propose that it's time to fix that, with the 2nd NA Captain Draft Tournament. I'll outline the rules and how to register below...
  9. [AG] Heir of Aenarion

Vlandia Rebalance When?

That is why vlandia is so frustrating in siege, but they really need to fix skirm and captain servers, or better yet make private servers open.. The solution is simple
    Yeah, it's pretty annoying to play against Vlandia literally 75% of the time, they always seem to be defenders too so you're getting shot by ballista and xbows on approach before getting mobbed by four 2H sergeants spamming swings into eachother free of charge. Of course we wouldn't have to deal with this if they would fix the servers. Private servers might be here by 2060, fingers crossed.
  10. [AG] Heir of Aenarion

Vlandia Rebalance When?

Vlandia is the weakest faction in skirmish and bottom two with Empire in captain, it's not a problem. Servers are going on what, the sixth day now of not working for skirm/captain, so everyone is playing the casual gamemodes like seige where it gets picked all the time because it's exceptionally noob friendly there to spam 2H with no team damage, xbows are great for defense, looter peasant affords easy cav, etc.
  11. [AG] Heir of Aenarion

Sergeants are bugged in Captain

Yeah NIN3 already said he'll fix the issue with them
    Awesome, thanks for letting me know.
  12. [AG] Heir of Aenarion

Sergeants are bugged in Captain

Sergeants are bugged in Captain Mode. Sometimes they load in with some men holding two shields while some have none; sometimes they load in with none having any weapons. Obviously the latter is worse, please fix TW.
  13. [AG] Heir of Aenarion

RAMBO TACTIC, DEAR CAPTAINS, CAST UR VOTE!

I don't think this is why they do it. People rambo because it is an efficient use of lives, more efficient than using your troops as intended. A player can spend 1 life to rack up 10 kills whereas a single Ai troop is unlikely to ever achieve that many on it's own. 1 life for 10 kills is more efficient than 10 lives for 10 kills, and that's how people who rambo see their ai troops, as extra lives since there are unlimited respawns as long as you have units on the field that you can spawn into. So the strategy is to preserve your troops (extra lives) and go off on your own to accumulate kills while you are only risking the 1 life. It simply will not go away until the mechanic disappears entirely.
    People rambo because it's more efficient, yes, but also because the factions are woefully imbalanced. Mex isn't wrong when he told you good luck trying to beat Sturgia with Aserai without effective mamuluke play. There is a difference though; not to call them out too much but I've seen VoV rambo in pub matchups plenty of times when they didn't need to, say the inverse of that matchup; they're Sturgia and the opponents are Aserai. A simple zerg rush of inf would easily defeat Aserai, especially on a map like hillfort, in a random pub match where the random pubs aren't trying to rambo or counter rambo and just take a terrible selection of already inferior troops and try to make it work. Instead of easily winning that way VoV will still rambo and just make the match take 15-20 mins longer than it should, which is dumb. From their PoV I guess it's because there is no point in playing anything else but cavalry in "competitive" captain right now until unit class limits are enforced in the next event so why bother practicing anything but cav but yeah that's where a lot of the toxicity stems from. And again not just gonna single out VoV for that because I've seen it from other teams and plenty of random pub players on the stronger faction side in a pub match, just VoV do it so frequently that I'm using them for the example.
  14. [AG] Heir of Aenarion

Captain Mode needs your help!

Captain mode is not meant to be a competitive mode. There is nothing competitive about bots killing bots. It certainly is a nice gamemode for casual play but attempting to make this more competitive is delusional..

(P.S. doesn't mean you can't post feedback to generally improve massive bugs ofc)
    Is captain as competitive as skirmish? No. Can captain still be a competitive game mode? Yes, as long as TW does not remove rambo play. Captain currently functions as extra lives skirmish mode. In tournament/event "competitive" play there could be an adoption of rules that make skirmish tournaments like BEAST function well by implementing a class limit on cavalry and creating an equitable distribution of matches when teams from different regions go head to head. The last season of Captain League featured Bo5s and Bo7s in the playoffs and needs to shift toward Bo4s with extended overtime in the event of a 2-2 where both sides play an additional game in their home ping region and the tie is broken by rounds won with play continuing until there is a clear winner. Ling is aware of these changes and their potential impact to create a better version of the game mode that again, will not be as competitive as skirmish given the existence of the braindead AI but will still likely function as skirmish with additional lives.
  15. [AG] Heir of Aenarion

Remove Cav From Siege

Lmao, stop being such a ridiculous fanboy. Cavalry is OP in this game and multiple threads during BL lifespan confirm that fact. You can't counter cavalry with current class system, when you are forced to play with pre-made classes and majority of time you will play as a peasant unit, which doesn't have spears or other counter-cav weapons (besides Battanian one, idk, haven't played that corpse for half a year). That's not because of the individual skill, but because of a abysmal gamedesign. Nothing stopping you from playing Bannerlord, but please, don't expect others to accept this vision. Just accept the fact, that ignoring accomplishments of Warband made Bannerlord unplayable, unbalanced and killed all the fun in this "game". That is why that "game" is dead (please don't tell me about ~150 players and active clans, in comparison yesterday on 2 a.m.!!!!! around 400 players played NW)
    There are many things wrong with the game for sure that WB had. Private servers, spectator mode, change weapons command for AI, better class system, etc. The point is not that I don't believe those things need to come; it's that endless crybaby circle jerk threads like this need to stop. This is what the game is giving you right now. TW will either improve their product in the future or lose business to the first studio that skins what worked with this and competently fix what does not. In the interim please stop spamming tired things like this because again you are completely free to play WB!
  16. [AG] Heir of Aenarion

Remove Cav From Siege

Well no thats the whole point of people complaining about cavalry. A monkey riding a horse can get kills on cavalry, because its the easiest thing in the world, especially on public servers because of the chaos.

Cav is not a support unit. A support doesnt get 80% of kills in every single gamemode. A carry does.

NOTHING should be overpowered, this is a video game, this is not real life. This is not a simulation, its not a historical re-telling of events, this is a game people play to have fun. If the game is not fun, the game is a failure. The way cavalry works now is not fun, therefore it should be balanced. How hard is it to understand this.

Have you ever played a video game before and not run into an OP unit or character? Even the most balanced games have OP things within them, this is a ridiculous attempt at argumentation.

The fact that cav can and often does carry does not change the fact that it is a support unit whose job is to counter opposing cavalry and help your infantry win fights. It does everything archer does in a more efficient way because you have a mobility and reach advantage. Yes you can often garner many kills doing this but that doesn't change the fundamental role of the unit which is always to support the main fights when even or up. In casual modes like captain tdm and siege it functions the same way though in siege and tdm killing opposing cav is less important because the battlefield is far less contained and fights are all over, though it is exceptionally easy to kill most cav playing those latter two modes.

Do you know how incredibly easy it is to kill the people who take light cav and spam x? 90% of them have no concept of how to move, turn, block, thrust, or stab correctly and because they are casual game modes it takes almost 0 effort yourself to get light cavalry and counter it. Yes the game isn't rock-paper-scissors you're not always going to win as inf with a spear because the hitbox isn't consistent enough on either horse rear nor rider's head. Doesn't mean you can't still one shot cav with a pike that isn't even braced or brace 8 ft away in the wrong direction and get a miraculous one shot because of said inconsistent hitboxes. If you don't find non-competitive casual gamemodes fun either stick to comp skirmish with class limits, play single player or play something else. How difficult to understand is that?
  17. [AG] Heir of Aenarion

Remove Cav From Siege

All I'm hearing are a bunch of excuses from people who refuse to learn cav, to which I will say once more, no one is forcing you to play if you don't find that fun. Killing cavalry as cavalry is the best defense against it in the game currently. If you don't believe that you don't have enough hours in the game and should probably play more before coming up with these ludicrous statements. I really do not give two ****s how much WB experience you have if you cannot process that simple fact you will remain a noob in this game.
  18. [AG] Heir of Aenarion

Remove Cav From Siege

Lol, i’ll beat you in a ft7 in my sleep. The only time i die to cav is when they backstab. Why is a captain player defending cav being op. Didn’t you learn your lesson when skirmish teams punished you in your safe zone? Despite having 2-3 dedicated cav players btw. It’s probably because the only way you can get kills in real multiplayer is running around with cav and backstabbing people. You’ve been literally insulting everyone since your first entry and called people that complain about cav “noobs”. That’s most of the player since beta btw. But ofc, captain mode players are the best of the best and devs should only listen to what they say and ignore everyone else.
    Imagine hiding behind an alt account and labeling someone talking about playing cav in game modes akin to skirmish a "captain" player then routinely putting words in my mouth that are just your limited understanding and hatred of something you don't play. Yes a DM/RM team won extra lives skirmish what a surprise the best players in the game are the best players in the game. Yawn. AG didn't play that team and likely would've had better results than everyone else if we had. We did play XYZ and were better on cav and worse on inf in our 2-2 8 rounds to 8 rounds draw. That was the only time all season we drew an opponent with an even score and not one in our favor; we also lost 0 matches until having to play KoV in playoffs at 3/5 games in EU with NA W ping and we never played our 4 best cav in one game at the same time. AG flat out would've beaten that APE team in playoffs either 3-0 or 3-1 despite "superior players" on APE since APE's cav was worse than XYZ's who was worse than us, including me. APE somehow got 3-0ed in NA to KoV in Battania despite KoV on record saying they had no idea how to play that matchup and losing it twice in 3-0s to us. If KoV had their best two cav players for the semi against APE they would have won that but Ling unilaterally set the match a time convenient for him and ****ed KoV in the process. Let's not pretend like the APE team that entered "punished" anyone with a regular season full of forfeit wins (had more rounds lost than rounds won in actual matches until like a week before playoffs) and let's not pretend like APE was anywhere close to DM/RM who of course should and did win. You need to move on and let go of the idiotic "no players who play captain can be good" mindset. Again I don't know why you cannot comprehend there are various skill levels for players who play captain just as there are for skirmish so lumping an entire giant community of players together like that is pretty retarded, which is about your brand

I'll go 4-1 on inf all the time in EU at 180 ping or NA E at ~90 and choose to play cav more often because it's more efficient. If NA W had a skirmish scene I would play that and it doesn't exist.
  19. [AG] Heir of Aenarion

Remove Cav From Siege

TDM: Casual game mode centered around team fighting and scoring points via kills and assists. Siege: casual game mode centered around team fighting and scoring points via kills and assists around a centralized location.
    Cav: Support unit, exists, most efficient way to garner kills and assists since it has mobility advantage. Loose horses sometimes will stand still, weapons including shields, spears and polearms exist all over the battle field for any class to pick up while the horse still offers the non-cav classes 1/2 riding speed which is more than enough to kill other cav/ assist/kill inf with stab/bump stab in engagements.
    Big brain chads: take cav kill fast win dumb casual game
    Noobs like askey: wait that makes too much sense that's not how you're supposed to play
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Back
Top Bottom