Remove Cav From Siege

Users who are viewing this thread

The majority of what you typed is pure toxicity, constantly massaging your ego and happily slagging others off.

....and after all that you draw our attention to one sentence. Maybe people chose not to listen because you're acting like an asshat?
Lol I don't even feel bad for saying you cannot read if you don't understand you are the one who created a toxic atmosphere. Classic

Lol I don't even feel bad for saying you cannot read if you don't understand you are the one who created a toxic atmosphere. Classic
No I'm not talking about that....oh it was me that created the toxic atmosphere ...oh okay.

[AG] Heir of Aenarion said:

Goddamn people who complain about cav being removed are such noobs..... So many salty archers that sit and camp all game who are tilted when any skilled cav come and wrecks their team in literally any game mode.

Nothing is preventing players from playing Warband,....yet so many players would rather complain than actually get better.

^ this sentence I wrote is what I'm talking about. It is abundantly clear you morons cannot read because this is a better solution for casual gamemodes like siege and tdm than anything your lizard brains have come up with. I'm not just saying get gud.
Oh No BuT iN WaRBaND CaV wAS moRE BAlaNCeD.

Ah yes another guy hiding behind an alt account demeaning people who learned from captain. Like 5 retards from captain had this mentality and idiots like you somehow think it applies to the entire community.

No I'm not talking about that....oh it was me that created the toxic atmosphere ...oh okay.

Goddamn people who complain about cav being removed are such noobs..... So many salty archers that sit and camp all game who are tilted when any skilled cav come and wrecks their team in literally any game mode.

Nothing is preventing players from playing Warband,....yet so many players would rather complain than actually get better.
Buddy literally go back to the start of the conversation or look at the replies. I cannot help you here, you need to figure it out on your own. Common problem for you it seems given the nature of the thread. If you want to continue this useless banter just dm me it'll save time and we can stop spamming the thread

Buddy literally go back to the start of the conversation or look at the replies. I cannot help you here, you need to figure it out on your own. Common problem for you it seems given the nature of the thread.

I just pasted a bunch of messages clearly showing you acting toxic, I showed you examples that you typed - no one else, of you massaging your own ego. Clearly stating that everyone else were noobs. I pasted several discussions that are recent showing that most other people simply do not have the same opinion as you (most of these members have been around longer than us), that cav is in fact OP and should be nerfed, or controlled on certain game modes. You go on and on and then point out one sentence, out of all the toxic rubbish that you posted and expect everyone to applaud you and agree with you...and to top it off after calling people "noobs", "salty", "tilted", "morons", "lizard brains", "retards", "idiots" you're saying I'm responsible for the toxic atmosphere..... are you serious?

I just pasted a bunch of messages clearly showing you acting toxic, I showed you examples that you typed - no one else, of you massaging your own ego. Clearly stating that everyone else were noobs. I pasted several discussions that are recent showing that most other people simply do not have the same opinion as you (most of these members have been around longer than us), that cav is in fact OP and should be nerfed, or controlled on certain game modes. You go on and on and then point out one sentence, out of all the toxic rubbish that you posted and expect everyone to applaud you and agree with you...and to top it off after calling people "noobs", "salty", "tilted", "morons", "lizard brains", "retards", "idiots" you're saying I'm responsible for the toxic atmosphere..... are you serious?
Do you want me to create a thread of all the replies calling me ****? How do you actually not comprehend it's a two way street? Yes I weighed in saying that I'm tired of people creating useless threads like spamming the same bull**** without substance or acknowledgement that there are actual counters that exist. Then you attacked me. Do you think I thought I would be applauded for saying things like this? Are you actually slow?
Yes people who don't adapt to something when it's clear what the reality is and would rather just complain endlessly about it instead of adapting or not playing are noobs, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If you don't want to play cav that's on you but that's where the game is right now, plain and simple. I'm not a TW dev, I didn't create the "brokenness" with this game that isn't fulfilling your satisfaction. Sorry you hate being told how it is.

Skirm is the only competitive game mode and cav is controlled via class limits on there. Siege and TDM are casual game modes. What is your actual problem?

And again learn to read context. I called a small handful of captain players "retards" because they legitimately believed they were better players than a combined DM/RM team. I was illustrating that the vast majority of "captain" players do not share that mentality that they are miles better than the best two skirm teams on the planet. When I'm speaking about cav in siege and tdm it's from my own experience playing there, it's easy to play cav and kill other cav there. Yes sometimes as inf you will die to cav, it's a noncompetitive, casual game mode, you will have idiots spamming X on light cav at all times. Positioning, weapon type and taking cav yourself are viable counters that don't work with 100% accuracy just like anything else but they exist and are options better than just merely complaining 100x a day every day that the casual game modes with 0 stakes have a problem.

Last edited:
Do you want me to create a thread of all the replies calling me ****? How do you actually not comprehend it's a two way street? Yes I weighed in saying that I'm tired of people creating useless threads like spamming the same bull**** without substance or acknowledgement that there are actual counters that exist. Then you attacked me. Do you think I thought I would be applauded for saying things like this? Are you actually slow?
Yes people who don't adapt to something when it's clear what the reality is and would rather just complain endlessly about it instead of adapting or not playing are noobs, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If you don't want to play cav that's on you but that's where the game is right now, plain and simple. I'm not a TW dev, I didn't create the "brokenness" with this game that isn't fulfilling your satisfaction. Sorry you hate being told how it is.

Skirm is the only competitive game mode and cav is controlled via class limits on there. Siege and TDM are casual game modes. What is your actual problem?

And again learn to read context. I called a small handful of captain players "retards" because they legitimately believed they were better players than a combined DM/RM team. I was illustrating that the vast majority of "captain" players do not share that mentality that they are miles better than the best two skirm teams on the planet. When I'm speaking about cav in siege and tdm it's from my own experience playing there, it's easy to play cav and kill other cav there. Yes sometimes as inf you will die to cav, it's a noncompetitive, casual game mode, you will have idiots spamming X on light cav at all times. Positioning, weapon type and taking cav yourself are viable counters that don't work with 100% accuracy just like anything else but they exist and are options better than just merely complaining 100x a day every day that the casual game modes with 0 stakes have a problem.
JitteryGreatGeese-max-1mb.gif

TDM: Casual game mode centered around team fighting and scoring points via kills and assists. Siege: casual game mode centered around team fighting and scoring points via kills and assists around a centralized location.
Cav: Support unit, exists, most efficient way to garner kills and assists since it has mobility advantage. Loose horses sometimes will stand still, weapons including shields, spears and polearms exist all over the battle field for any class to pick up while the horse still offers the non-cav classes 1/2 riding speed which is more than enough to kill other cav/ assist/kill inf with stab/bump stab in engagements.
Big brain chads: take cav kill fast win dumb casual game
Noobs like askey: wait that makes too much sense that's not how you're supposed to play
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lol, i’ll beat you in a ft7 in my sleep. The only time i die to cav is when they backstab. Why is a captain player defending cav being op. Didn’t you learn your lesson when skirmish teams punished you in your safe zone? Despite having 2-3 dedicated cav players btw. It’s probably because the only way you can get kills in real multiplayer is running around with cav and backstabbing people. You’ve been literally insulting everyone since your first entry and called people that complain about cav “noobs”. That’s most of the player since beta btw. But ofc, captain mode players are the best of the best and devs should only listen to what they say and ignore everyone else.
Imagine hiding behind an alt account and labeling someone talking about playing cav in game modes akin to skirmish a "captain" player then routinely putting words in my mouth that are just your limited understanding and hatred of something you don't play. Yes a DM/RM team won extra lives skirmish what a surprise the best players in the game are the best players in the game. Yawn. AG didn't play that team and likely would've had better results than everyone else if we had. We did play XYZ and were better on cav and worse on inf in our 2-2 8 rounds to 8 rounds draw. That was the only time all season we drew an opponent with an even score and not one in our favor; we also lost 0 matches until having to play KoV in playoffs at 3/5 games in EU with NA W ping and we never played our 4 best cav in one game at the same time. AG flat out would've beaten that APE team in playoffs either 3-0 or 3-1 despite "superior players" on APE since APE's cav was worse than XYZ's who was worse than us, including me. APE somehow got 3-0ed in NA to KoV in Battania despite KoV on record saying they had no idea how to play that matchup and losing it twice in 3-0s to us. If KoV had their best two cav players for the semi against APE they would have won that but Ling unilaterally set the match a time convenient for him and ****ed KoV in the process. Let's not pretend like the APE team that entered "punished" anyone with a regular season full of forfeit wins (had more rounds lost than rounds won in actual matches until like a week before playoffs) and let's not pretend like APE was anywhere close to DM/RM who of course should and did win. You need to move on and let go of the idiotic "no players who play captain can be good" mindset. Again I don't know why you cannot comprehend there are various skill levels for players who play captain just as there are for skirmish so lumping an entire giant community of players together like that is pretty retarded, which is about your brand

I'll go 4-1 on inf all the time in EU at 180 ping or NA E at ~90 and choose to play cav more often because it's more efficient. If NA W had a skirmish scene I would play that and it doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Imagine hiding behind an alt account and labeling someone talking about playing cav in game modes akin to skirmish a "captain" player then routinely putting words in my mouth that are just your limited understanding and hatred of something you don't play. Yes a DM/RM team won extra lives skirmish what a surprise the best players in the game are the best players in the game. Yawn. AG didn't play that team and likely would've had better results than everyone else if we had. We did play XYZ and were better on cav and worse on inf in our 2-2 8 rounds to 8 rounds draw. That was the only time all season we drew an opponent with an even score and not one in our favor; we also lost 0 matches until having to play KoV in playoffs at 3/5 games in EU with NA W ping and we never played our 4 best cav in one game at the same time. AG flat out would've beaten that APE team in playoffs either 3-0 or 3-1 despite "superior players" on APE since APE's cav was worse than XYZ's who was worse than us, including me. APE somehow got 3-0ed in NA to KoV in Battania despite KoV on record saying they had no idea how to play that matchup and losing it twice in 3-0s to us. If KoV had their best two cav players for the semi against APE they would have won that but Ling unilaterally set the match a time convenient for him and ****ed KoV in the process. Let's not pretend like the APE team that entered "punished" anyone with a regular season full of forfeit wins (had more rounds lost than rounds won in actual matches until like a week before playoffs) and let's not pretend like APE was anywhere close to DM/RM who of course should and did win. You need to move on and let go of the idiotic "no players who play captain can be good" mindset. Again I don't know why you cannot comprehend there are various skill levels for players who play captain just as there are for skirmish so lumping an entire giant community of players together like that is pretty retarded, which is about your brand

I'll go 4-1 on inf all the time in EU at 180 ping or NA E at ~90 and choose to play cav more often because it's more efficient. If NA W had a skirmish scene I would play that and it doesn't exist.
Maybe buy a rmb first before you start calling people noobs as you are an incapable twat hiding as a forum warrior.

Just get a spear and git gud, cav is broken and so is this game so who cares. They haven't updated MP in 6 months so deal with it, bunch of crybabies.

Lmao, stop being such a ridiculous fanboy. Cavalry is OP in this game and multiple threads during BL lifespan confirm that fact. You can't counter cavalry with current class system, when you are forced to play with pre-made classes and majority of time you will play as a peasant unit, which doesn't have spears or other counter-cav weapons (besides Battanian one, idk, haven't played that corpse for half a year). That's not because of the individual skill, but because of a abysmal gamedesign. Nothing stopping you from playing Bannerlord, but please, don't expect others to accept this vision. Just accept the fact, that ignoring accomplishments of Warband made Bannerlord unplayable, unbalanced and killed all the fun in this "game". That is why that "game" is dead (please don't tell me about ~150 players and active clans, in comparison yesterday on 2 a.m.!!!!! around 400 players played NW)

^ this sentence I wrote is what I'm talking about. It is abundantly clear you morons cannot read because this is a better solution for casual gamemodes like siege and tdm than anything your lizard brains have come up with. I'm not just saying get gud. Wake up, cav is supposed to be OP as it was in medieval combat. Oh No BuT iN WaRBaND CaV wAS moRE BAlaNCeD. This isn't warband. There are counters, most notably learning to play cav yourself since you understand it is the best class in the game currently. If that doesn't appeal to you no one is forcing you to play.
Cav is not a support unit. A support doesnt get 80% of kills in every single gamemode. A carry does.
Spears are not a counter to cavalry, because the stopping is inconsistant and broken. Its a decent counter to a terrible cavalry, who doesnt understand why cavalry is overpowered.
NOTHING should be overpowered, this is a video game, this is not real life. This is not a simulation, its not a historical re-telling of events, this is a game people play to have fun. If the game is not fun, the game is a failure. The way cavalry works now is not fun, therefore it should be balanced. How hard is it to understand this.

So weird that "good" "warband" players like yourself die very easily in siege and tdm still to "captain" players like me all the time. Sad!
Well no thats the whole point of people complaining about cavalry. A monkey riding a horse can get kills on cavalry, because its the easiest thing in the world, especially on public servers because of the chaos.

Cav: Support unit, exists, most efficient way to garner kills and assists since it has mobility advantage. Loose horses sometimes will stand still, weapons including shields, spears and polearms exist all over the battle field for any class to pick up while the horse still offers the non-cav classes 1/2 riding speed which is more than enough to kill other cav/ assist/kill inf with stab/bump stab in engagements.
Big brain chads: take cav kill fast win dumb casual game
Noobs like askey: wait that makes too much sense that's not how you're supposed to play
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Everything in this statement is stupid, and you really need to learn what a support is....

All I'm hearing are a bunch of excuses from people who refuse to learn cav, to which I will say once more, no one is forcing you to play if you don't find that fun. Killing cavalry as cavalry is the best defense against it in the game currently. If you don't believe that you don't have enough hours in the game and should probably play more before coming up with these ludicrous statements. I really do not give two ****s how much WB experience you have if you cannot process that simple fact you will remain a noob in this game.

Well no thats the whole point of people complaining about cavalry. A monkey riding a horse can get kills on cavalry, because its the easiest thing in the world, especially on public servers because of the chaos.

Cav is not a support unit. A support doesnt get 80% of kills in every single gamemode. A carry does.

NOTHING should be overpowered, this is a video game, this is not real life. This is not a simulation, its not a historical re-telling of events, this is a game people play to have fun. If the game is not fun, the game is a failure. The way cavalry works now is not fun, therefore it should be balanced. How hard is it to understand this.

Have you ever played a video game before and not run into an OP unit or character? Even the most balanced games have OP things within them, this is a ridiculous attempt at argumentation.

The fact that cav can and often does carry does not change the fact that it is a support unit whose job is to counter opposing cavalry and help your infantry win fights. It does everything archer does in a more efficient way because you have a mobility and reach advantage. Yes you can often garner many kills doing this but that doesn't change the fundamental role of the unit which is always to support the main fights when even or up. In casual modes like captain tdm and siege it functions the same way though in siege and tdm killing opposing cav is less important because the battlefield is far less contained and fights are all over, though it is exceptionally easy to kill most cav playing those latter two modes.

Do you know how incredibly easy it is to kill the people who take light cav and spam x? 90% of them have no concept of how to move, turn, block, thrust, or stab correctly and because they are casual game modes it takes almost 0 effort yourself to get light cavalry and counter it. Yes the game isn't rock-paper-scissors you're not always going to win as inf with a spear because the hitbox isn't consistent enough on either horse rear nor rider's head. Doesn't mean you can't still one shot cav with a pike that isn't even braced or brace 8 ft away in the wrong direction and get a miraculous one shot because of said inconsistent hitboxes. If you don't find non-competitive casual gamemodes fun either stick to comp skirmish with class limits, play single player or play something else. How difficult to understand is that?

Last edited:
Lmao, stop being such a ridiculous fanboy. Cavalry is OP in this game and multiple threads during BL lifespan confirm that fact. You can't counter cavalry with current class system, when you are forced to play with pre-made classes and majority of time you will play as a peasant unit, which doesn't have spears or other counter-cav weapons (besides Battanian one, idk, haven't played that corpse for half a year). That's not because of the individual skill, but because of a abysmal gamedesign. Nothing stopping you from playing Bannerlord, but please, don't expect others to accept this vision. Just accept the fact, that ignoring accomplishments of Warband made Bannerlord unplayable, unbalanced and killed all the fun in this "game". That is why that "game" is dead (please don't tell me about ~150 players and active clans, in comparison yesterday on 2 a.m.!!!!! around 400 players played NW)
There are many things wrong with the game for sure that WB had. Private servers, spectator mode, change weapons command for AI, better class system, etc. The point is not that I don't believe those things need to come; it's that endless crybaby circle jerk threads like this need to stop. This is what the game is giving you right now. TW will either improve their product in the future or lose business to the first studio that skins what worked with this and competently fix what does not. In the interim please stop spamming tired things like this because again you are completely free to play WB!

There are many things wrong with the game for sure that WB had. Private servers, spectator mode, change weapons command for AI, better class system, etc. The point is not that I don't believe those things need to come; it's that endless crybaby circle jerk threads like this need to stop. This is what the game is giving you right now. TW will either improve their product in the future or lose business to the first studio that skins what worked with this and competently fix what does not. In the interim please stop spamming tired things like this because again you are completely free to play WB!
White knight is going on a tantrum about people paying 50e to play an early access game for the game to look like a clusterfuc* and complains that people complain the game is barely advancing.

Imagine my shock when i found out this is the only thing there is to talk about the game at this stage

Have you ever played a video game before and not run into an OP unit or character? Even the most balanced games have OP things within them, this is a ridiculous attempt at argumentation.

The fact that cav can and often does carry does not change the fact that it is a support unit whose job is to counter opposing cavalry and help your infantry win fights. It does everything archer does in a more efficient way because you have a mobility and reach advantage. Yes you can often garner many kills doing this but that doesn't change the fundamental role of the unit which is always to support the main fights when even or up. In casual modes like captain tdm and siege it functions the same way though in siege and tdm killing opposing cav is less important because the battlefield is far less contained and fights are all over, though it is exceptionally easy to kill most cav playing those latter two modes.

Do you know how incredibly easy it is to kill the people who take light cav and spam x? 90% of them have no concept of how to move, turn, block, thrust, or stab correctly and because they are casual game modes it takes almost 0 effort yourself to get light cavalry and counter it. Yes the game isn't rock-paper-scissors you're not always going to win as inf with a spear because the hitbox isn't consistent enough on either horse rear nor rider's head. Doesn't mean you can't still one shot cav with a pike that isn't even braced or brace 8 ft away in the wrong direction and get a miraculous one shot because of said inconsistent hitboxes. If you don't find non-competitive casual gamemodes fun either stick to comp skirmish with class limits, play single player or play something else. How difficult to understand is that?
Yeah plenty, in games where balance is done carefully and with reason, instead of "cavalry was strong irl therefore must be overpowered in a video game!!"
Every game have aspects of broken things, which is why the developers should work on fixing that. They dont just go oh screw it, lets just let this thing be the walking apocalypse and hope people dont mind.

I dont even know how to start on the second paragraph there. Cavalry is not support. Infantry ties down units to make cavalry get easier hits, because cavalry have a way higher damage output. Look at the statistics for BEAST and you'll see how great supporters cavalry are, so great in fact theyre the top killers of almost every division by far.

And here you're making my argument for me and seem you dont understand why. If the only counter to a class, is to play the same class, then its obviously not balanced. In your world, everyone is a cavalry player, and thats apparently fine for you. But not everyone wants to play cavalry, and not everyone should play cavalry because that will destroy the game. This isnt Destruction Derby. Stop making excuses for how blatently broken cavalry is.
The "if you dont like it, just leave" yeah thats the problem isnt it. 90% of the playerbase didnt like the game, so they left. And now we're stuck here with barerly anyone playing.
I do just fine in non competitive gamemodes because I have years of experience playing these games, a new player however will go into TDM or siege, hear the clappidiclaps of death and just die to a player who just brainlessly click X and hits them for 200 damage.

I just posted this in the 'Suggestions' but this thread is more active so sorry for the repeat of a reply but here goes anyway:

What about the idea of disabling the option to pick cav units after the first 2 or 3 flags have been captured by attackers? This would count for both attackers and defenders after this point.
I think cav has it's place in siege but they should focus on the outside area of a castle, not the inside, and usually the first 2 flags are more on the outskirts of the castle.It's not strange or out of place to have cavalry rushing out to harass attackers or cav push in quickly to the first flag. When the outermost flags are gone and the fighting moves further inside the castle, the option to pick a cav unit after you die would be gone. Ofcourse when a cav is still alive after the 2nd or 3rd flag falls he gets to keep going until he dies but after that it's over.

I just posted this in the 'Suggestions' but this thread is more active so sorry for the repeat of a reply but here goes anyway:

What about the idea of disabling the option to pick cav units after the first 2 or 3 flags have been captured by attackers? This would count for both attackers and defenders after this point.
I think cav has it's place in siege but they should focus on the outside area of a castle, not the inside, and usually the first 2 flags are more on the outskirts of the castle.It's not strange or out of place to have cavalry rushing out to harass attackers or cav push in quickly to the first flag. When the outermost flags are gone and the fighting moves further inside the castle, the option to pick a cav unit after you die would be gone. Ofcourse when a cav is still alive after the 2nd or 3rd flag falls he gets to keep going until he dies but after that it's over.
Simple and effective, I like it.

Back
Top Bottom