Search results for query: *

1. Bannerlord - Royalty - Commonfolk Behavior, RP Dialogues demo

While the idea is great, they look artificial.

This is nothing against the modding done here.

I just want to point out with all the robotic (by animation) npc's of this game, ideas that would suit games like witcher/skyrim etc. do not work with this game.

The original moves npc's do just look and will look like (even after tremendous modding) simple if-else's from a programmer's perspective.

The core of the game needs more stuff going on with animations, behaviors, modals etc on its own, so that greater potential for additions can exist.

Can't blame the game much, though. Its genre is just different from open world rpgs.
  2. Campaign Map needs a reshade

I think they just deleted detail to improve performances, as @archaicwarrior says a high detailed world map is much heavier for the system, as there are many elements, in addition to all other NPC parties.
    For now, I think it's better like this and also more clearer (better to spot other parties). Also, I hope in the future with better game optimization it'll be more aesthetically pleasing.
    I am pretty sure the chronic menu lag/stutter issues are not related to the campaign map graphics, because the above issues are even visible
    • at the main menu of the game (options, custom battle, etc, before the campaign even has started)
    • when going back/forward at character creation step pages
    • even asset loadings are problematic, evet at campaign character creation
    The game apparently has an overall performance problem whether in campaign or out of campaign.
  3. Campaign Map needs a reshade

They have also worsened the graphics quality.

This is both color palette and graphics problem.

There is literally no detail on the world map except under some light during specific times of the day.
  4. In Progress Constant freezes/stuttering/lag/GPU running between 80-100%

I have the same problems OP described.

5. Need More Info Stuttering Gameplay - Low FPS

@MArdA TaleWorlds Is the development team aware of the still ongoing stutter problems during menu openings, screen transitions, etc?

Are they actively working on optimizations for future patches?
  6. Send Troops - Excessive Casualties

They do only occur sparingly. People seem to be arguing here that it shouldn't happen at all. Which is silly.
    Thanks. Hadn't been playing since months.
  7. Send Troops - Excessive Casualties

Losses in armored units vs looters auto-calc battles should only occur sparingly, and that is to account for randomness and unpredictability.

Other than that, there should not even be 1 loss, in say, 20 vs 20 armored units vs looters battle.
  8. Somethings gotta give

I was going to write something very similar, you beat me to it. They probably lack both direction, organization *and* skill. No offense for Taleworlds, I'm not saying they're horrible people. They're just below-average developers.
    This is the real summary of the situation.

All the changes/updates/fixes to the game feel "cheap".

They are all workarounds that create new problems.
  9. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.3

Patch notes get less and less replies here and on reddit.
  10. Cultivation, lack thereof.

I remember a post where the poster said they would only see code when they looked at the game.

This game is like a project of some engineers. It is as if they wanted to achieve a simulation world.

The game could have been text-based fine, run from the terminal. :smile:

All the potention there, but not gameplay.
  11. Base Bannerlord is better than base Warband

Experts agree that the proper scientific word to describe Bannerlord is a "sidegrade".
    Better graphics, clans, deaths and births, and minor stuff like crafting, but less varied gameplay, worse arcadey battles and less meaningful NPC interaction. It's like swapping your girlfriend for a prettier, but dumber one. A win for some, but not for many.
    An accurate description.

It really depends on how you look at it and what you expect.
  12. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.2

2 new helmets and 5 new scenes.
    Battanian helmets and Empire scenes.

And my expectations from the next patch is improving on and stabilizing the campaign menu map click performance issues, and fixing asset loading.
  13. This game is broken at a fundamental level

Agreed. Everything you mentioned are just different examples of AI cheating that are not talked about much.

Just to add something on AI lords completing quests. Of course they cannot be expected to enter "mission scenes" for quests but they can at least travel from place-to-place, doing what is necessary for the completion of the quest:
    • If it is a quest to travel from City A to City B, then they should make that travel.
    • If it is a peasant training quest, then they should wait at that village for some time.

The time spent inside the "scenes" is irrelevant because for player involved scenes, time just stops anyway. The same will be valid for AI when they finish quests, provided they do the campaign-map logistics work that affect time.
  14. This game is broken at a fundamental level

Just to avoid any misunderstanding regarding the AI cheat.
    Source
    The confirmed cheats are:
    1. 1 extra slot for recruitment
    2. They don't need horses for upgrade
    3. Daily small xp for their troops
    4. respawn with several (10-15) initial troops near them
    I am sure these are not exhaustive.

On the topic of the need for cheats to fix snowballing:
    • I prefer no cheats at all.
    • If bandits cause problem to newly spawned lords, modify bandit rate/speed, improve lord AI, etc... The player can survive. Lords should be able to, too.
    • No daily xp gain for lords. They should earn it too.
    • Lords should require horse for cavalry upgrades, if this depletes the horse stocks at villages etc, either increase the stocks, expand the world, or reduce lord population.
    I know BL improved on cheats compared to WB but still there are a lot of cheats.

It is understansable lords recruit faster because the player joins an already established world as a newcomer while everyone else has built up relationship with notables. However, lords should not have extra hardcoded slots for recruitment.
  15. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.2

Sorry, but how did you find out my spec? Anyway I have problems only on the global map, I have no problems in battles with the maximum size of units. Every time I click inventory or go somewhere, when I meet someone on the map, every time have a mini friezes. Stuttering like that

Having a similar stutter/freeze/slow loading experience myself. Posted a screenshot a few pages back of this thread.

Had even created a tech ticket with telemetry video in the past.

They are really slow with their performance improvements. It was nowhere near like this at launch.
  16. Need More Info Freeze and Slow loading on every single button that I click on.

While not that bad as the OP's video for me, the game indeed lags a lot with every button click on campaign map.

1.6.2 improved the performance a bit but it is not enough.

They need to focus on these performance issues.

My experience described, in 1.6.2 thread:
  17. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.2

As a few others have have also noted, the campaign performance (menu clicks, screen changes, etc) got better with 1.6.2 for HDD.

It is going better but there are still improvements to be made. Assets in general load very slowly when they are brought to screen for the first time.

Also, when clicked on in game menus such as Inventory, it seems like they sped up the time it takes the Inventory screen to cover the whole screen, but the asset loading and slide (left-right) animations inside the Inventory screen still lags a lot.

In other words, they quickened the way screen shows, but lags come after it.

Same thing happens in encyclopedia. So slow to navigate.

It even takes long enough time to make the background put by developers visible for a moment that is not intended to be seen normally. :smile:

18. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.2

It is more preferable to have relatively small but frequent patches like this instead of waiting for weeks.
  19. The game is actually worse. How?

Would I say TW has done a poor job of fixing the major issues of the game in a timely manner? Yes.
    Would I say the mid/late-game is still overall a luck-based, grindy, unintuitive, exploit-filled, imbalanced repetitive experience? Yes.

But would I say the game is not more enjoyable than release? No. I think the game is more enjoyable than release.

If we look at this feedback thread we can track TW's real progress on things the community has asked to be fixed, as opposed to just working on random nothings that nobody asked for, or making meaningless tweaks.

It shows that although progress has been incredibly slow as always, since 1.5.8 (roughly 5 months ago) there has still definitely been progress on fixing things that made the game less fun, and implementing things that made the game more fun. Overall, the game is still highly flawed, and it's taking way too long to get better, but it's improved, and they're finally tackling major issues, like sieges. Credit where credit is due.

Maybe the reason it doesn't feel more enjoyable to you than launch is because the actual amount of gameplay improvement in each patch is very small, and so it feels unnoticeable.
    I see your point and yes, I give them their credit for it. Of course some stuff the community asked has been added.

But my point is that the game still feels like a placeholder. It will not feel like a placeholder and will be more vivid, when, for example:
    • bandits left alone long time gathers up, creates an army, and attacks kingdoms.
    • minor factions give quests, they stop being programmatic copies of each other, and have their own missions in the world affecting world balance
    • lords are not robotic and remember the player and act differently accordingly
    • scenes have reasons to visit them
    • and so on... hundreds of these kinds of suggesstions has been made on these forums.
    How has the game progressed towards these types of deep features?

Not real progress has been made. Only rebellions.

These kinds of features are generally harder to implement from a programming perspective. And if their codebase is mess, they avoid these types of features.

On the other hand, TW picks the easy solutions and adds features in isolation such as keep battles, smithing, board games, prison breaks. They are easier to implement. They do not affect or interact with the game world.

I am not saying they are bad. They all have merit and good, but they are not organic features, only isolated ones.

My point is that unless more organic features are added, the game will stay as a Placeholder Lord.
  20. In Progress Loading of party screen, inventory, trade is extremely slow every time

The work is still in progress, while we have made some fixes that made it into 1.5.10 and 1.6.0 but the performance increase can be seen mostly on SSDs.
    Good that you wrote this.

Is this posted somewhere sticky on performance section of the tech forums?

It would be a good idea to track it from a single place because otherwise we players feel we are doing the same telemetry thing over and over only to notice it gets broken at next patches.

If only this "improvements were mostly for SSD. HDD still has problems. We are aware and will surely improving." was more visible, users would not be this clueless.
Back
Top Bottom