In Progress Constant freezes/stuttering/lag/GPU running between 80-100%

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.6.1
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: GPU running between 80-100% on the lowest in-game settings. Played the game previously on significantly older commuter with far inferior specs and still managed to run it on the highest settings with limited issues - most of which were fixed by not using the Launcher through steam and using a Shortcut. On the benchmark my GPU averages over 200FPS. get a few FPS drops during it but not below 100 typically. I have reinstalled the game and verified the game files through steam. I haven't installed any mods or cheats. Just the default game and I can't play it while on the lowest settings without getting some form of freezing/stuttering/lag. I've tried about 10 different fixes that have been listed from the forums/YouTube/google searches and nothing has improved the performance of the game. I'm going to try and test the beta branch update to see if that does anything but at this point I sincerely doubt it.

EDIT: Adjusted resolutions and it did not work. When I change resolutions it works but when I go back into the settings it stills list it as Desktop Resolution.

How to Reproduce: From the moment I open the game I get consistent frame drops when switching tabs and clicking to move/enter cities. I get this when I click to load saved games, continue campaign or start a new campaign. When entering any functions of a city, when exiting the city. The character models will appear without clothing, when it does appear it will be very blotchy and lack any detail before appearing completely. Any options I select will stutter and lag for a period of time before going through to the next part. When I load battles most of my army is completely invisible for the first 20 seconds of the battle before just appearing.

Have you used cheats and if so which: No.

Scene Name (if related): Opening the trade screen cities/towns is extremely lagging. The player model that is in the centre appears naked before getting their clothing back on in a blotching form because rendering completely.

Media (Screenshots & Video):

- Uploaded screenshots of my low/high settings estimated GPU usage. I will upload anything else required into that folder to make it easier.

Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
GPU Driver Version: 471.96 - Released 31/8/2021
CPU: Intel i-7 9700K 3.6GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 Aorus Elite-CF
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 2TB HDD

Last edited:
NEW information - despite benchmark showing average of 200frames with some minimal drops, specifically when a number of entities. I ran the game on the lowest possible settings and still wasn't able to maintain 60frames on the campaign map when moving around.

Advice or a fix would be greatly appreciated. Starting to regret spending money on this game.

We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. Can you switch to that build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can find more info about it here.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

Hello,

Thank you for responding. I have completed the test and I am uploading it to this Google Drive link. I had an issue uploading to the website you suggested.

Please let me know if there is any issue accessing the google drive folder. I completed the test using the settings I would normal use while playing previously, considering no change I made had a substantial effect.

Guys i posted the same issue when we had version 1.5.9. as the latest build.
Forget that this ever gets fixed. Every patch makes it worse for an increasing number of people. Your hardware is not the issue here.

My thread with the exact same problem is "in progress" for over 6 months now. I already have given up getting this fixed then, now or ever. I would suggest you uninstall the game and focus your time elsewhere till this issue is fixed in a future update/patch or not at all.

If it is getting fixed in the future you will find out over youtube or other media and can download the game again.
If it isn't fixed you save yourself alot of time trying to fix this as the problem is not on your end and also alot of free disk space.

Guys i posted the same issue when we had version 1.5.9. as the latest build.
Forget that this ever gets fixed. Every patch makes it worse for an increasing number of people. Your hardware is not the issue here.

My thread with the exact same problem is "in progress" for over 6 months now. I already have given up getting this fixed then, now or ever. I would suggest you uninstall the game and focus your time elsewhere till this issue is fixed in a future update/patch or not at all.

If it is getting fixed in the future you will find out over youtube or other media and can download the game again.
If it isn't fixed you save yourself alot of time trying to fix this as the problem is not on your end and also alot of free disk space.
Have you tried 1.6.4?

While the loading in Towns/Villages is still slow, they Campaign Map travel has really improved.

Its not perfect, but its better.

Have you tried 1.6.4?

While the loading in Towns/Villages is still slow, they Campaign Map travel has really improved.

Its not perfect, but its better.

I really did install the game back and tried every patch and nothing. Then i read your comment and installed 1.6.4 and it works better. Still alot of freeze and stuttering but the menus and overall map are way better than before. Still a nightmare but a faster one.

So i hope the 1.6.5 Version will improve this further. At least i can try to play now again. Slowly....very slowly but i try. So thank you ^^

I really did install the game back and tried every patch and nothing. Then i read your comment and installed 1.6.4 and it works better. Still alot of freeze and stuttering but the menus and overall map are way better than before. Still a nightmare but a faster one.

So i hope the 1.6.5 Version will improve this further. At least i can try to play now again. Slowly....very slowly but i try. So thank you ^^
In your settings, the first 3 options under Performance, lower them 1 each. Flesson19 recommended that and it significantly improved my performance as well.

Yeah, 1.6.4 isn't perfect, but it was a big improvement over 1.6.3.

Summary: GPU running between 80-100% on the lowest in-game settings. Played the game previously on significantly older commuter with far inferior specs and still managed to run it on the highest settings with limited issues - most of which were fixed by not using the Launcher through steam and using a Shortcut. On the benchmark my GPU averages over 200FPS. get a few FPS drops during it but not below 100 typically. I have reinstalled the game and verified the game files through steam. I haven't installed any mods or cheats. Just the default game and I can't play it while on the lowest settings without getting some form of freezing/stuttering/lag. I've tried about 10 different fixes that have been listed from the forums/YouTube/google searches and nothing has improved the performance of the game. I'm going to try and test the beta branch update to see if that does anything but at this point I sincerely doubt it.

EDIT: Adjusted resolutions and it did not work. When I change resolutions it works but when I go back into the settings it stills list it as Desktop Resolution.

How to Reproduce: From the moment I open the game I get consistent frame drops when switching tabs and clicking to move/enter cities. I get this when I click to load saved games, continue campaign or start a new campaign. When entering any functions of a city, when exiting the city. The character models will appear without clothing, when it does appear it will be very blotchy and lack any detail before appearing completely. Any options I select will stutter and lag for a period of time before going through to the next part. When I load battles most of my army is completely invisible for the first 20 seconds of the battle before just appearing.

Have you used cheats and if so which: No.

Scene Name (if related): Opening the trade screen cities/towns is extremely lagging. The player model that is in the centre appears naked before getting their clothing back on in a blotching form because rendering completely.

Media (Screenshots & Video):

- Uploaded screenshots of my low/high settings estimated GPU usage. I will upload anything else required into that folder to make it easier.

Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
GPU Driver Version: 471.96 - Released 31/8/2021
CPU: Intel i-7 9700K 3.6GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 Aorus Elite-CF
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 2TB HDD
everything looks good except for the hdd, this game is really disk intensive. even i with 2 sata ssd's have to wait a little some times, i will upgrade to nvme when i have some spare cash and i will check how it works. nvme should be the way to go nearly instant battle, city and inventory loading, although with sata it's pretty good already.

Last edited:
In your settings, the first 3 options under Performance, lower them 1 each. Flesson19 recommended that and it significantly improved my performance as well.

Yeah, 1.6.4 isn't perfect, but it was a big improvement over 1.6.3.

What you mean by the first 3 options under performance?
Anti-Aliasing
Shader Quality
Texture streaming Budget?

Were you able to get a definitive answer? im having a somewhat similiar problem with freezing. I bought the game nearly a year ago and didnt have any problems up until recently. Ive tried adjusting the settings and everything and im running it off a gaming computer so i dont understand whats causing the issue. 200+ hours into this game and now all of a sudden im having nonstop issues to the point where im considering requesting a refund. I cant even enter a battle without it freezing and if the game has been running for a little bit it will do the same in the menus.

Were you able to get a definitive answer? im having a somewhat similiar problem with freezing. I bought the game nearly a year ago and didnt have any problems up until recently. Ive tried adjusting the settings and everything and im running it off a gaming computer so i dont understand whats causing the issue. 200+ hours into this game and now all of a sudden im having nonstop issues to the point where im considering requesting a refund. I cant even enter a battle without it freezing and if the game has been running for a little bit it will do the same in the menus.
Many of us have the same problems and threads with similar rigs and no answer or solution to it. And we never will. They already started recruiting staff for a new project and i highly doubt we ever get this fixed now or in the future.

Not trying to be negative about it but with every patch this got worse and worse instead of better. Also the amount of threads who described this problem started to increase. Still you can download every new patch and i can almost guarantee it will not improve gameplay. The last time it worked for me was before 1.5 versions. So i already gave up on this game and the company.

Back
Top Bottom