Base Bannerlord is better than base Warband

Is vanilla Bannerlord better than vanilla Warband?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

IGN Review

and

Warband had better character, but it looked absolute dog****.
Now, Warband cant update its graphics but Bannerlord can update its character.

Regarding ladders:
Reinforcing @MadVader's analogy further. I never cared about what a game looks myself so Warband being uglier is irrelevant to me (I also find it debatable as others have said).

I am also not sure how you can say that one is "better" than the other. Difficult to have that kind of conversation when there's no objective metric to evaluate that. I like Warband way better but that's, like, my opinion man.

You should see for yourself, maybe you will like it, maybe you will not. But for me, Bannerlord is many times greater than vanilla Warband. The world is bigger, the battles are bigger, there is so much more to it.

I'm mostly happy with what I can do in vanilla Bannerlord. I would like a little more control over my formations though, especially being able to rotate them. I can do that in Total War and it's so tactically useful. I don't necessarily want all my formations parallel to each other. Maybe I want to to position my archers on the forested hill to the left at an angle so when my infantry line becomes engaged my archers can fire on the enemy's flank.

If it's easy to do in Bannerlord I have no idea how. I'm used to either drag clicking, using the mouse wheel to rotate the flags before I order them to move, or even Page Up/ Page Down to rotate.

Oh my god, a game made 10 years later has engine improvements with better graphics and can render more stuff on screen at the same time? What kind of witchery is this? And all of that with a bigger team and budget than the first one? Wow, such a marvel of gaming...

bannerlord is bigger by scale while warband is deeper.
concidering that warband is an evolved version of mb1 i do think that it came a way longer way than bannerlord nowadays. that being said its kinda meaningless to compare a completed game with an uncompleted one. if i have to pick, i would say that vanilla warband is better than bannerlord. there are just way to many problems left unsolved on bannerlord and a lack of content. as i mentioned bannerlord is an early version and not finished so where is the point anyway.

Experts agree that the proper scientific word to describe Bannerlord is a "sidegrade".
Better graphics, clans, deaths and births, and minor stuff like crafting, but less varied gameplay, worse arcadey battles and less meaningful NPC interaction. It's like swapping your girlfriend for a prettier, but dumber one. A win for some, but not for many.
An accurate description.

It really depends on how you look at it and what you expect.

you fools, you fell for the ****-posting again.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Then it's the same as a bunch of teenagers comparing their sisters to their grandmothers.

EDIT: But still the year to date... I have not been recently (still play it) bored with any Warband iteration (vanilla, moded, DLC) as I am with Bannerlord.

EDIT2: Warning a trap!. This thread is the same **** but served differently. @Lord Grainwad is literally quoting himself from "Bannerlord is a grift" or similar...

You mean me? If you do mean me then perhaps you could enlighten me and draw some comparisons because in my one and only post in this thread I’m quoting a review written by someone else in 2012.

You mean me? If you do mean me then perhaps you could enlighten me and draw some comparisons because in my one and only post in this thread I’m quoting a review written by someone else in 2012.
Sorry, if my little presumption hurt you badly :wink: I didn't get you are quoting the previously linked article - my bad. Anyways, it was still worth a try to stop this madness from happening again. No hard feelings I hope.

Sorry, if my little presumption hurt you badly :wink: I didn't get you are quoting the previously linked article - my bad. Anyways, it was still worth a try to stop this madness from happening again. No hard feelings I hope.

I’ll live ?, no hard feelings. Its a discussion board after all, we’re all here to discuss a videogame. And if it gets heated now and again because of opposing opinions then that’s understandable.

Bannerlord's graphics are as dated now as Warband's were at its time. Bannerlord looks more like a 2016 game, honestly.

The three things that make Warband so much better in my opinion are:

1. Meaningful interactions and relationships with people.
2. War having a good pace and a good dynamic.
3. Mass combat and the physics surrounding soldiers being a lot better (even if still clunky).

Bannerlord is absolute trash in these categories, and these are super important parts of M&B, which they of course screwed up and don't seem to have many plans of improving.

Bannerlord's graphics are as dated now as Warband's were at its time. Bannerlord looks more like a 2016 game, honestly.

The three things that make Warband so much better in my opinion are:

1. Meaningful interactions and relationships with people.
2. War having a good pace and a good dynamic.
3. Mass combat and the physics surrounding soldiers being a lot better (even if still clunky).

Bannerlord is absolute trash in these categories, and these are super important parts of M&B, which they of course screwed up and don't seem to have many plans of improving.
1. You mean learn a poem to get a permanent wife that couldn't produce offspring?
2. I think war in Bannerlord is much better. It happens more often and is more fun to fight in.
3. You mean the static mass? In Bannerlord at least they have real mass affecting each other. One large group of soldiers will move a smaller group of soldiers. Sure the jittering that is currently ocurring in Bannerlord is annoying and needs to be fixed.

Anyway, your opinions, and you have the right to have them. Calling Bannerlord trash in those categories is wrong though.

Bannerlord has more gimmicks, but Warband has far greater depth. I'd rather deal with the older engine and ugly graphics if it meant Bannerlord might replicate some of what made Warband so great.

1. You mean learn a poem to get a permanent wife that couldn't produce offspring?
2. I think war in Bannerlord is much better. It happens more often and is more fun to fight in.
3. You mean the static mass? In Bannerlord at least they have real mass affecting each other. One large group of soldiers will move a smaller group of soldiers. Sure the jittering that is currently ocurring in Bannerlord is annoying and needs to be fixed.

Anyway, your opinions, and you have the right to have them. Calling Bannerlord trash in those categories is wrong though.
1. As if courting by first saying "Marry me waifu" and then immediately marrying is better? Warband romance isn't inspiring anyone but at least there's some semblance of courting going on. Even then, that's not really what I was talking about. You build good and bad relationships with people in Warband and you have these dynamics and you remember them. In Bannerlord everyone is just a soulless bot.

2. Did TW pay you to say this? I think almost everyone would disagree with you. Having meaningless battles with recruits over and over again for countless hours isn't "fun", it's the worst part of the game.

3. "Real mass"? Come on. Bannelord characters have the weight of ping-pong balls, and it's a giant mess. The constant jittering makes melee combat no fun, and what fun you have in "formation combat" lasts for 30-60 seconds, no matter how large the combat is.

Warband is simply better in these categories, even the people who say they prefer Bannerlord would probably agree.

I would rather have no physics simulation than broken physics simulation. I have a hard time understanding how you can say that the current state of Bannerlord is better than Warband on this very specific aspect in particular.

Experts agree that the proper scientific word to describe Bannerlord is a "sidegrade".
Better graphics, clans, deaths and births, and minor stuff like crafting, but less varied gameplay, worse arcadey battles and less meaningful NPC interaction. It's like swapping your girlfriend for a prettier, but dumber one. A win for some, but not for many.
couldn't have said it better

1. As if courting by first saying "Marry me waifu" and then immediately marrying is better? Warband romance isn't inspiring anyone but at least there's some semblance of courting going on. Even then, that's not really what I was talking about. You build good and bad relationships with people in Warband and you have these dynamics and you remember them. In Bannerlord everyone is just a soulless bot.

2. Did TW pay you to say this? I think almost everyone would disagree with you. Having meaningless battles with recruits over and over again for countless hours isn't "fun", it's the worst part of the game.

3. "Real mass"? Come on. Bannelord characters have the weight of ping-pong balls, and it's a giant mess. The constant jittering makes melee combat no fun, and what fun you have in "formation combat" lasts for 30-60 seconds, no matter how large the combat is.

Warband is simply better in these categories, even the people who say they prefer Bannerlord would probably agree.
1. It is better because in Bannerlord that wife can create a dynasty, give you a family to care about.
2. "Almost everyone" so give me a count of your those who would disagree with me then. And don't let it be some lousy noisy forum minority of known haters.
3. There are some improvements needed, but I would rather take mass that can be improved than no mass and static walls of impregnable NPCs.

So why are you even here then? Go back to your precious warband. Oh right, you and those who voted Nay! are here because you still have a flicker of hope inside you. Am I wrong?

Back
Top Bottom