Search results for query: *

1. New Stewardship skills...I wonder

When you upgrade troops, they both get better skills and better equipment. It kind of fits role-play to have loot help speed the upgrade process.
  2. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

I bought this early access after watching a Spiffing Brit video about how broken the game is. It's over a year later and slightly less broken and I'd still buy it early access. If they want to release a $20 elephant DLC I'll buy that too.

The broken game is still more fun than lots of cheaper not broken games. The first PC game I ever bought in 1991 for $50, UMS II, was so broken you couldn't play more than 10 or so turns before the AI got stuck. I'd still buy it again too.

The biggest recent complaint is mods and looks like they really tried to do something about it this time even if it isn't everything wished for.
  3. Were our expectations to high?

Coming from the person who commonly uses hyperbole and says such things as this is an alpha release, yeah I think your expectations were a bit high.

Mods can you just unban so the mute function works again for me?
  4. Had i known development was going to be this slow for the single-player experience, i wouldn't have bought Bannerlord.

Supposedly you'd buy this game when it's complete, so you are not really out anything other than basically getting to play the beta version of the game.
  5. Help a noob understand. What does the "code refactor" business mean?

Imagine you wrote an essay. Then after you are done you rewrite the essay to be more concise and organize it better but it still says the same thing and makes the same points. Sort of like that.
  6. What happened to the regular updates?

Duh_Taleworlds posted what they would be working on over a month ago and that has been exactly what they have been releasing. I don't understand what the mystery is.
  7. When will the 1.5 patch be released? this game is dying very fast

I have 0 interest in multiplayer, this just isn't the style of game I would do that in. Now a MP campaign mode, I could get excited about that.
  8. Devs please read

Atari old here too, I quit using beta and am on 1.41 with the game running for 8 days straight and not exiting once and ZERO crashes. My first PC game would be $88 in today's money, it couldn't run without crashing and I mean put the special DOS boot floppy in the computer each time it crashes to reboot it. You had to mail a check to Iowa to get a floppy disk for the scenario editor or any updates and by then the company had folded.

There's probably around 100 old games lying around my house that I spent literally hours to make work just to be able to play them. If you wanted a finished stable game you were forced into console games.

I don't have a single Total War game that isn't as stable as this game is in EA. Right now, I'd pay $60 gladly if this game was the final release in it's current condition, it's that fun of a game in it's buggy condition especially since there are tons of mods out there. No it's not complete, but games aren't keeping up with cost inflation. I'm sure I have well over $100 into several Paradox games after DLCs.

I never played a M&B game till I saw some reviews online laughing about some of the bugs but saying how fun this game is, and I'm pleasantly surprised. Keep up the good work Taleworlds.
  9. Do Lame Horses Heal Over Time?

Our real life horse is lame, she's never going to get better that is just how it is with lame horses. In game I turn them into horsey burger for the troops. They actually can be worth quite a bit if a warhorse to resell. Never seen one get better yet.
  10. Archers need a nerf.

Tactics matter, I just did 250 Sturgian Hardened Brigands vs 250 Battanian Heros, just F1, F3 with no other commands and I wiped out the archers with 176 cavalry left. Then I switched to me being the Battanians, put my archers in loose formation, backs against the red zone and on a hill with face direction and I made it out with 120 archers left alive.

My take from that is cavalry are superior if they can be given the worst possible situation they do even better than archers do when given the ideal situation.

That matches my campaign experience, where I usually wreck superior numbers by parking my archers on a hill with a shield wall in front, except against cavalry heavy armies where I can kill maybe 5 horses before they reach me and then they cause havoc on my archers behind, except I usually have 40-50 lancers and 30 or so Cav archers on the flanks to run around and kill off cavalry behind me.

Edit: I take most of that back, seems picking Sturgians for being weak was the wrong move, Aserai and Sturgian Cavalry wreck archers because of Javelins, Empire is almost even but the others all get slaughtered even on F1-F3 as me being the attacker.
  11. Strange player party size INCREASE

I definitely reproduced by going to the main menu during battle then reloading the game. With bannerlord tweaks it increases the leadership and stewardship bonus each time you do that. It's happened unmodded too but I haven't reproduced what causes it during unmodded games yet.
  12. Find the spy quest is counter intuitive, can you guess on your own?

They won't say the bald guy is bald, they won't mention scars or paint for the guy that does, and if he doesn't have a beard they won't say that. However if he does have hair, beard or has an unblemished face they will tell you that. It took me a bit to figure that out.
  13. Is beating a Lord at board games supposed to give +relation? (it didn't)

Seems like the first win is no relation, second win +1, third win +2 and then after that no relation increase with anyone in that clan.
  14. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

So if you go into your party screen and hover over the "Troops (569/569)" header, what does the tooltip say? It sounds like it's adding another base size of +20 each time or something.

I'll check tonight, I finally realized it was a bug about a week ago as I was getting frustrated that I didn't understand why I kept losing my party size limits. The problem is getting the bug to initialize, but once it does I could click load game till the end of time and have a party limit of a million if the game didn't crash. I don't remember anything obvious as I'd hover over the tooltip trying to figure how my party size was getting calculated.
  15. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Perhaps you guys are aware, but the policy Noble Retinues went from +50 party capacity to +30 and the policy Royal Guards went from +80 to +50. That's where the difference is coming from. The only thing you can really do is drop 20-50 of your worst troops before desertion begins to happen. That, or you can wait and hope that a mod reverses the changes.

I just use the weird bug that has my party limit up to 569 now :smile:. Works on 1.4.1 and 1.40 release on my laptop I keep trying to nail down what causes it to get a save game before and after, has something to do with being in battle and then reloading. Each reload party size will go up like another 20. Even works if you exit to main menu, however if you exit the game it completely resets so if you have 200 too many troops poof they'll leave fast. It must reside in memory because otherwise the party limit would come back from the save game.
  16. Force tournament participants in Developer console?

Does anyone know how I could place a specific AI hero in a tournament? I fought against a 20 year old Aserai Hero that I can't seem to locate, she was one of the new 160+ added characters. She was in a girl's body and completely un-hittable by me or the AI and won, even against the insane 250+...
  17. 1.4.1's Broken Diplomacy - and what we can learn from it

The AI seems to behave on power bars, taking into account the troop quality and not raw numbers. Are we saying the power bars are not correct and therefore the AI does not understand it will lose in autocalc? From the behavior I've see I tend to think it knows the results but I haven't separated troop tiers from cavalry when engaging. A recent example: I just had a 600 man AI army refuse to engage my 300, and then when I attacked sure enough my power bar was greater, and my army is about 50% cavalry.
  18. Thank you TW for breaking all the mods again, sigh...

I think I'm closer to extreme player 1, I realize its early release and the standard and beta release will both break mods. Just some of the mods at least fix the game the way it should be working so I'd prefer they prioritize making the parts we have work the way they are supposed to versus a newer feature. Sometimes the mods though are nothing more than a replaced .xml file so I don't see what the problem would be to take them as is. For instance on perks, I'd rather clicking on them do nothing then the activate them but nothing is really happening in the background. At least then I know "ok that part of the game isn't working yet."
  19. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

I'm kind of curious to see how the hotfixes work, but Bannerlord Tweaks and Community Patch are broken now, and it's hard to play without them after having used them. They seem to be more complex mods but adding those features to the game would really help if is possible. Fortunately I left Steam offline and backed up the directory to my file server first so I can undo the hotfixes.

In my game I see clearly a need more lords in my kingdom as mercenaries defect very frequently... and I need time to find lords and money to attract them to my kingdom. I can't do it in constant war, my progress in the campaign is frozen. I'll keep testing and give my feedback.

I never understood this, I'll look at my account of 10,000,000 and think I'd gladly pay these guys 50,000 per day to stay (I can often make over 5k a day as a mercenary so 50,000 would be a completely insane amount), Why they can't say that they have a better offer and give me a chance to outbid?

Concomitant said a bunch of things about improving the game

Well said.
  20. 10 hours of killing Khuzait, are they too strong? (poll)

I've mentioned before I don't think the problem is diplomacy, auto-resolve, archer cavalry, or even prisoner escapes (although annoying). The strategic map is a numbers game, he who has the most lords and clans tends to win. Weak kingdoms I've noticed tend to get defecting lords only for them to leave again in a few days, whereas I notice Khuzaits tend to get a lot of defections to them and they don't leave as often. If there were no limits on party size then a few clans could raise gigantic armies based purely on economics and overwhelm a lot of smaller parties.
Back
Top Bottom