Had i known development was going to be this slow for the single-player experience, i wouldn't have bought Bannerlord.

Users who are viewing this thread

After the last update which is all about multiplayer, and which i never use, i'm truly disappointed. Where is the new content for the single-player game? The base-foundation seemed so promising when it was released, so many good ideas to build upon, but it's as if a freezing winter has blown over the land and frozen everything in time. There's almost no substantial progress at all, which has me increasingly alarmed, will there ever be any progress other than constant, minor tweaks of what is already there? I bought two copies of this and i honestly wish i hadn't.

I bought two copies of this and i honestly wish i hadn't.
according to the world population studies, approximately 108 billion people have lived on the planet. Assuming the lifespan of these was 25, there has been around 2.7 trillion years of life. If we multiply this by the number of days in a year (365) there is a total of 985500000000000 (985.5 trillion) days. Not once in any of these days did anyone ask.

according to the world population studies, approximately 108 billion people have lived on the planet. Assuming the lifespan of these was 25, there has been around 2.7 trillion years of life. If we multiply this by the number of days in a year (365) there is a total of 985500000000000 (985.5 trillion) days. Not once in any of these days did anyone ask.

Well, i don't make a habit of complaining about this and i won't do so again, but i don't feel bad for it, i feel i have a right to give my feedback.

The beta has tons of new SP content, way more than the amount of MP content. As for total content they’ve said multiple times that it’s because refactoring code. Things will move more smoothly now hopefully.

I knew perfectly well that this was going to happen and that's why I didn't buy it, and I know that by the end of 2020 or the beginning of 2021 the development of Bannerlord is going to be finished

After the last update which is all about multiplayer
all we got last update for mp was reporting people. Not exactly like they stopped production on sp so they could rally all the devs behind figuring out 2h crush through either for the next patch.

We are in the same boat mp and sp, the devs will never make any meaningful progress on either side so there's no point in blaming each other

I am gonna be real. I think TaleWorlds has drastically underestimated the Project that Bannerlord is, they had the best intentions... but be real the game is a ****show. A ****show they can't back out anymore at this point.
That is the only logical reason i can think of why the development is so extremely slow, why it took them 8 years to release a game that can be compared with bethesda games in Bug Quantity and why their communication on the forums is almost all copy paste or ignoring topics and just answering with a "funny, look how much of a down to earth guy i am" response. They are not "one of us", they are TaleWorlds employees who hardly give any real answers ever.
I really think that Mount&Blade is a great franchise, it just makes me mad to know the game will be remembered as one of the greatest games ever. But not because of anything that TW did, but because of what the modding community did. The same as with Skyrim, the game itself is absolutely horrible, it never looked good at any point, the quests were most of the times extremely boring, fighting is so out of date etc. But everyone celebrates Skyrim because of the Mods.

I am gonna be real. I think TaleWorlds has drastically underestimated the Project that Bannerlord is, they had the best intentions... but be real the game is a ****show. A ****show they can't back out anymore at this point.
That is the only logical reason i can think of why the development is so extremely slow, why it took them 8 years to release a game that can be compared with bethesda games in Bug Quantity and why their communication on the forums is almost all copy paste or ignoring topics and just answering with a "funny, look how much of a down to earth guy i am" response. They are not "one of us", they are TaleWorlds employees who hardly give any real answers ever.
I really think that Mount&Blade is a great franchise, it just makes me mad to know the game will be remembered as one of the greatest games ever. But not because of anything that TW did, but because of what the modding community did. The same as with Skyrim, the game itself is absolutely horrible, it never looked good at any point, the quests were most of the times extremely boring, fighting is so out of date etc. But everyone celebrates Skyrim because of the Mods.

That is your opinion. I liked Warband for what it was, I also liked the mods (Although Viking Conquest is my favorite). As for Skyrim, always loved it. This is with and without mods.

QFT

I love Warband and I have 1000's of hours in that game, but 90% of it was with mods. After playing the vanilla game you realize how barebones it was and start looking for more. Even as a fan of the series I realize that full release is going to take at least another 1.5-2 years and that's being optimistic. The only thing that makes me the least bit happy is they are going to release some of the modding tools.

That is your opinion. I liked Warband for what it was, I also liked the mods (Although Viking Conquest is my favorite). As for Skyrim, always loved it. This is with and without mods.
That is exactly what i mean, their greatest entry in the entire Franchise, Viking Conquest, is a mod...

QFT

I love Warband and I have 1000's of hours in that game, but 90% of it was with mods. After playing the vanilla game you realize how barebones it was and start looking for more. Even as a fan of the series I realize that full release is going to take at least another 1.5-2 years and that's being optimistic. The only thing that makes me the least bit happy is they are going to release some of the modding tools.

I am just a bit disappointed because I thought the game would have some new big features Like castle building or some deep village management, it really doesn't.

That is exactly what i mean, their greatest entry in the entire Franchise, Viking Conquest, is a mod...

Viking Conquest is NOT a mod. You could think of it that way if you want I guess, but I paid money for it. It is a standalone game built on the M&B engine. It is also not by Taleworlds but by a different company (published by taleworlds I guess?).

Viking Conquest is NOT a mod. You could think of it that way if you want I guess, but I paid money for it. It is a standalone game built on the M&B engine. It is also not by Taleworlds but by a different company (published by taleworlds I guess?).

It was made by modders. Call it what you want.

I am just a bit disappointed because I thought the game would have some new big features Like castle building or some deep village management, it really doesn't.

I also wish it had this. It would be great if Bannerlord had a deep and immersive system for castle building/village management and clan management/kingdom management. More decisions, more role playing elements, more choices with consequences involving these things, etc. Perhaps titles you can give your clan members, clan members doing things that hurt your clan prestige, etc. I don't know, whatever cool stuff could be thought up lol

Supposedly you'd buy this game when it's complete, so you are not really out anything other than basically getting to play the beta version of the game.

It was made by modders. Call it what you want.

What is your point? They started their own company and make games for profit. Who cares if they were once modders ? They took an already existing engine and added many things to it and could focus on the finer touches I guess. I am not arguing against more immersive features, but people shouldn't be pushing their opinions as some kind of eternal fact.

Supposedly you'd buy this game when it's complete, so you are not really out anything other than basically getting to play the beta version of the game.

I have a sneaking suspicion that what we are seeing is almost the complete game aside from some audio files, bug fixes, and re-balancing.

You can also pay for mods in several other games, they are mods nonetheless.
You can google the defintion of a mod.
But after re-reading what i wrote i get where the confusion comes from. What i meant by "Viking Conquest is a mod" is, that it was made by Modders, sure now they can be called developers but nowadays almost every modder could be called that. But modders/developers/anyone apparently not associated with TW puts so much more effort and love into the M&B Franchise than TW themself. And that makes me kinda sad.

And before the argument comes "TW can't please everyone", that is true, but there is little to no change from Warband. Not even Viking Conquest. And a huge portion of the fanbase would agree that Viking Conquest was the peak of "Vanilla" gameplay. That they took no inspiration from it at all is just outright horrible and actually pretty insulting to charge money for a graphic update.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom