What happened to the regular updates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Duh_Taleworlds posted what they would be working on over a month ago and that has been exactly what they have been releasing. I don't understand what the mystery is.

So then close the forum, they told us their roadmap and that´s all the communication an EA release needs?

There are so many complaints here about nearly everythig, and nobody knows what they are working on or if they working on some of them.

Defeated lords are back with their armies after like a few days over and over again, will they do something against it or is this the way TW want it to be?

When do we get the next perk tree? When will they fix the bugs which are known for months? When will traits work (will they ever)? What about the kids, when will they be useful? There is so much unknown stuff.

Last edited:
Just deinstall the game and don't care about it for a year or two. Just do it like me and have fun with other games until they get some improvement which makes an impact for you. It's not good for ones health to anger about a video-game. They are getting slower with the patches and I don't like how TW act with their testing if they do any. Changing sometime numbers or things where they didn't think it threw. Also I don't quite see them brainstorm a road how and what they fix or improve. Maybe after some time they manage to get this game to a version 1.0 and give those good modders a tool and a workshop on steam. Than we will have a awesome game.

I only played in the first couple of weeks after the game became available, then I took a long break to wait for some more bugfixes / content to be added.

I haven't checked the forum in a while, but last time I was here updates were done on a very regular basis (at first daily then weekly). What happened? I see that updates are quite sparse now. Is the game in a decent state now? Is there any update schedule?

When we first launched the game, we wanted to make sure that people could play the game so we were putting out patches daily to fix critical bugs and issues. Now that the game is in a much better and more stable condition, we have shifted to grouping our updates into one larger patch that we release a little less frequently but is more convenient all around.

I know that the last large update was a couple of weeks back now, but we have another one in the works, so no danger! :wink:

When we first launched the game, we wanted to make sure that people could play the game so we were putting out patches daily to fix critical bugs and issues. Now that the game is in a much better and more stable condition, we have shifted to grouping our updates into one larger patch that we release a little less frequently but is more convenient all around.

I know that the last large update was a couple of weeks back now, but we have another one in the works, so no danger! :wink:
Thank you, keep up the good work!

you're assuming people would be happier if they knew what was being worked on. Maybe they aren't telling us because it's not good news.
I doubt people would settle down and just wait if they knew TW were mainly working on crashfixes and minor graphical changes.
If whomever you hired for the task can't figure out how to tell people that what currently is being worked on is necessary for further enhancements of the game, or give whatever other appropriate explanation is for the prioritizing of it (without lying), then either your studio needs a whole bunch of new managers, or that person is not doing their job well.

So, now that you're in EA, and got all that money from us, perhaps it would behoove to keep us in the loop with more effort than the occasional thread-buried info scraps we're getting tossed from time to time?

Why is it so difficult to sit down and get some listing of things that are being worked on? Why is it so difficult to tell us "we want your ideas in this area, or test that one?" Why is the Feedback forum completely devoid of any official presence (no, "community moderators" who know about as much as anybody else do not count!), making it impossible for us to know WHAT kind of ideas you're looking for (assuming you are - and I guess that's a big assumption), and what kind of ideas would not work because "x" or "y?"

Your EA is horrible, and the lack of communication, first and foremost, is to blame for it.

Can you please tell us what we can expect from the next large update?

Can you please tell us what we can expect from the next large update?

Well I mean you can probably hazard a guess at what it will look like based on every patch so far in the game and the 'roadmap' they released. We'll probably get some rare crash fixes, maybe some perk fixes or a rework, quests will be added probably characters also, art will be added, maybe some armour, and things will be balanced that may break other things or make it worse.

Maybe a couple other things but looking at the roadmap, I wouldn't expect any big feature additions or anything. They're basically making the placeholders work at a snail pace right now and every patch has been fairly predictable in it's content....

Last edited:
Your EA is horrible, and the lack of communication, first and foremost, is to blame for it.
Communication was always a problem for Taleworlds, why do you think they announced Bannerlord that early, because they were very close with players, like an indie company. Now I think they are trying to put a distance between players and developers, like Rockstar, EA or Ubisoft but that shouldn't be the case for Bannerlord Taleworlds should listen their player base. Players like @Gab @Noudelle and @Gibby Jr gave lots of feedbacks in beta period about combat system, how it should be, why it is bad etc. As far as I know, developers didn't say anything to them.

They didn't change the combat system because it would delay the game's release and taleworlds was running out of money or ran out of money so they didn't wanna delay the game and they probably thought Bannerlord will only sell like 1 million and so they won't profit. That's my opinion

Well I mean you can probably hazard a guess at what it will look like based on every patch so far in the game and the 'roadmap' they released. We'll probably get some rare crash fixes, maybe some perk fixes or a rework, quests will be added probably characters also, art will be added, maybe some armour, and things will be balanced that may break other things or make it worse.

And for those waiting on an update to perks, unfortunately, you need to wait a little longer as they are still currently being reworked. :sad:

Of course they won´t do anything about the perks but at least Callum could tell us in another thread what we won´t get with the next update :grin: .

Maybe the next patch notes should just say what we won´t get :wink: .

I´m really curious about the next "large update", we now know there won´t be any perk updates. But what will we get?

- changed "this is a generic background story" to "this is a very good background story"
- changed some randoms numbers of stuff we don´t know what it does
- when you defeat a lords army you´ll instantly get a second battle with this army so you don´t need to wait a few ingame days
- vassals won´t join you anymore so that you don´t get mad when they leave you after 5 minutes

Stuff like this? :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom