Search results for query: *

1. WOLFGEIST

Any mods that fix chamber blocking?

Would be cool if chamber resulted in crush through + 200% damage.
  2. WOLFGEIST

Quality of Life Improvements Checklist

Aprikosenmann great post! I really like the scoring system.​

3. WOLFGEIST

Resolved game dont start the launcher

Try backing up the LauncherData.xml and NewsFeedConfig.xml from here: C:\Users\NAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs

Cut and paste them to your desktop and try again. Worked for me after the files were corrupted during a system crash.
  4. WOLFGEIST

Any update on duel server faction change?

But, mah 2-handed Dueling sword!

Battania has 2h swords.
  5. WOLFGEIST

sadly it's too difficult to put different factions in duel mode, since it's WAY different than the TDM gamemode

I mean they created this placeholder duel mode a while back and told us they'd be switching the faction months ago. Maybe it is difficult but it would certainly be nice to mix things up.
  6. WOLFGEIST

Battania or Sturgia would be swell, both have peasant classes with 1h swords.
  7. WOLFGEIST

I need an experienced MP player to explain this to me

the vertical turncap is too tight for that imo, since all the stabs are perfectly horizontal, they are more likely to miss each other

Yeah stabs are by far the most difficult attack to chamber.
  8. WOLFGEIST

Thanks guys. Also what's the duration for active block ? Do you tap it when they're about to hit you or do you hold it like passive block but with better timing ?

I'd say it's something like 300ms? Has to be active as the attack lands. Similar to a parry (or chamber) in Mordhau.

You can also block stabs with a left/right active block.
  9. WOLFGEIST

6 months into EA and devs still do not understand what ruins their game.

This comes off as incessant whining and not particularly helpful criticism. They just launched a big patch with a lot of fixes that players had been requesting.

The issue seems to be your understanding of the development cycle and the amount of time it takes to actually produce content or make changes.

They've done a lot of good work and obviously they will continue working on it.

The glory days of Warband were the result of many, many years of effort. We're still in early access as you mentioned. The developers are listening, many of the changes for 1.5 were the result of extensive criticism from the forums.

But if we are really passionate about M&B and are sincere with our concerns, we should strive to provide constructive criticism in a way that is not derogatory, condescending, or useless.
  10. WOLFGEIST

Incanuth has summarized it well. Might be one of the more concise explanations of BL combat mechanics i've seen so far.
  11. WOLFGEIST

so you think you can stance?

There is a system within the stance system that clearly is designed to have a role. What that role is, it seems nobody knows or understand.

But it works like this: Left forward stance seems to be a "power" stance. If you run forward and hold an overhead attack for slightly longer than a quick attack, you'll notice that it delivers a more aggressive animation *and then switches you automatically back to the right foot forward or "fencing" stance as I call it.*

With this "power" attack, you cannot chain into another attack. So, there's clearly some intent in terms of design here. But almost nobody knows about this system, if they do they don't talk about it at all. I have not tested the "power attack" speed or damage vs standard overhead. This works with all attacks btw, but the animation is most noticable with the overhead particularly on 1 handed swords.

I discovered this because I noticed occasionally after I spawned my first overhead would look different than the others. After some testing I found that it's linked to the left foot forward stance and that you are put into the right foot forward stance after performing the technique.

If anyone has further information on this i'd love to hear it. My point is that it seems nobody really understands the stance system enough to truly claim to think it's worthless or worthwhile. If you DO, i'd love to hear from you. I'd also love to hear the developers thoughts regarding design of the stance system, how they wish to change or improve it.

Personally I am not a Warband purist, so I love the concept of different stances and anything that adds more depth to the combat.

Edit:

Here's a breakdown in the difference in animations. I posted this video before I figured out how the system actually worked:
  12. WOLFGEIST

my (estimated) timeline for features/fixes

The only time stances make any difference is when you are standing still, and nobody should ever be standing still.

This is not true. Any time you press a or d while not attacking or blocking, you're changing stance. With the left foot forward, you do a different attack which then transitions into the right foot forward stance. It's most noticeable on an overhead attack.

So while running forward, you could press d to go into the left foot forward stance, launch an overhead which would then put you into left RIGHT foot forward stance.

Not sure what the purpose of the special attack animation is and why it switches your stance back, i'm guessing it's supposed to be a sort of power move?
  13. WOLFGEIST

I'm done being polite.

Would've been a valid argument if they wouldn't have had MP servers in Warband. So they've done it before.

Isn't Bannerlord a different game engine though? When you make and maintain your own game engine it adds orders of magnitude of complexity to making a game. Making a game on a prebuilt engine with so many available resources is much, much more straight forward.

If you look at Star Citizen, DayZ, Bannerlord, they all began development around the same time, they all have large online components and simulation aspects on custom game engines and they all do things that may not be feasible on a pre-built engine like Unreal 4.
  14. WOLFGEIST

I'm done being polite.

+1
    It also speaks something where siege mode still has consistent crashes 4 months past EA release. I don't understand why it's taking so long - similar games like Mordhau (that has a much smaller development team) had working servers day 1 and had less development time than Bannerlord.

TBF Mordhau was created on an engine that's been in development since 2003 (Unreal 4 Engine) and has many, many available resources to work with and learn from.
  15. WOLFGEIST

Confusing visual cues in mirrored matchups (ALSO AN EPIC COSMETIC SUGGESTION/FIX)

Omfg yes I hate the kill feed. Please tw. Please make it the same thing from sp and show us the weapons which were used for the love of all that is good on this planet. Let it stay there on the screen for a while longer.

Or allow us to scroll through it with a hotkey or something. Like if you press enter to go into chat, the killfeed pops up and you can scroll it.
  16. WOLFGEIST

Best Possible Compromise For Class System.

The issue is that some perks are worthless and some are nearly mandatory

Yeah I agree as I mentioned elsewhere, that's clearly the issue and I believe it's being addressed. I can see having too much freedom being harder to balance, but I know a lot of people disagree.
  17. WOLFGEIST

Pikes suck

So with a weapon like the pike, there's a much slower windup time before you get the release. What if the windup was much faster but there was a "cooldown" before you could strike again?

So with something like a pike, you could strike very quickly and hit hard, but you wouldn't be able to strike again for a long period of time (relative to faster weapons).

Might make for an interesting dynamic that could simulate the power of a pike without making it op, just a random thought.
  18. WOLFGEIST

If javs and kicks are not nerfed in a meaningful way the grand majority of players will have have had enough??

If someone is backing up away from you, you should NOT be able to run forwards at them and kick them.

If someone is running straight at you, you should be kicking them. Predictable patterns should be punished.
Back
Top Bottom