If javs and kicks are not nerfed in a meaningful way the grand majority of players will have have had enough??

Users who are viewing this thread

JorgeDamien

Recruit
There is basically one opportunity to fix this. The game is simply not worth playing anymore. The only reason people are sticking around is the promise that the issues are being addressed.

Solutions
  • Minimum range is slightly reduced so that being in someones face with a jav causes a "stun" like it does in warband.
  • Javs have a longer throw windup so that the stun from a kick cannot so easily combo into a FREE jav hit.
  • The amount of Javelins per stack and the amount of classes that get them with no opportunity cost loss is significantly readdressed.
  • Aserai is completely rebalanced so that skirmisher is the 110 class and Tribal Warrior is the 100 class. (Why was this ever even switched? It was just fine in the beta when Tribal Warrior was 100.) Speed Test essay writer
  • Pilas/ThrowingSpears can no longer be pulled out of corpses. (Every other javelin is fine. Pilas make no sense. They are a one shot kill and ****historically**** the entire point is that they bend on contact.) Some of the changes above would rend this not as mandatory. In the current state of the balance, these weapons are the best in the game period.
  • If someone is backing up away from you, you should NOT be able to run forwards at them and kick them. Giving kicks a slightly longer windup time from when the input is given and when the kick begins would solve this.
  • Jumps should be useful. In warband, a jump was a way for a skilled player to avoid kicks. Even if you time your jump perfectly in bannerlord you will skill get kicked while you are in the air.
If at least SOME of these things are not implemented, people will say enough is enough. Unless there is another solution for the javelin problem nothing will change.

Last edited:
I love kicking people that are turtling in. Just walking backwards and only blocking.. It gives me a chance to break their defenses rather than take 2 hours hitting that 1 shield.

I love kicking people that are turtling in. Just walking backwards and only blocking.. It gives me a chance to break their defenses rather than take 2 hours hitting that 1 shield.
So just nerf shield health against melee rather than introducing an abusable and unfun mechanic.

Yeah, the easy fix is to make shields more breakable (either by reducing shield HP or increasing melee damage to them).

In Warband, turtling was punished by the simple act of being a turtle. They punished themselves by playing like that. It only took a few seconds of just whaling away on a someone hiding behind their shield before it splintered into a million pieces.

In short, the system worked just fine -there was never any need to create a convoluted workaround to a process that was already very balanced.

Last edited:
Since we are talking about historical realism, do the jav/arrows/bolts stuck on the shields add to the weight of the character? I know this was also the point of skirmishers troops during roman empire to make the shield unusable.

Are you all on crack. I guess "unfun" is subjective, but calling throwing weapons a downgrade compared to the warband counterparts is nonsensical. I cannot think of one way which they are worse. They do more damage, are more accurate, and are easier to throw. You have more of them per stack. More classes have access to them, and they are replenishable from corpses and shields. There is not a single way in which they are worse.

Its funny how the people who defend the new balance are always people I dont recognize from warband. Ask yourselves if you are actually advocating for balance, or if you are advocating for your current playstyle. Kicks and Javelins getting nerfed threatens the "skill" of a lot of players.

To be fairrrrrrrrrrrr

I haven’t seen a single poster defend the kick throw in the entirety of these forums. Where is this mythical kick meta defender?

Back
Top Bottom