Search results for query: *

1. You Impudent Whelp, You heap of filth

If we're all handing hands, how do we do the other?

LOL @Klethi Suggestion.
  2. Battle AI problems

I haven't even noticed that the AI now has different stategies. I always seem to get the "Charge full head on" enemy selection.
  3. When Reinforcements arrive... which orders do they follow?

Hi all. If I only start with half of my force in a battle (30 of 50, since battlesize is limited to 150 and total amount of enemy + allies troops already over hundred), then I should get reinforcements as my guys die off. That much is clear to me, although not exactly clear how many and how...
  4. What governs Party Size of AI Lords?

Just back from a few more battles, and it seems the tides are shifting. But I have no clue why.

There must be some rules in effect that allow the player to reduce recruitment of enemy lords - raiding villages really should have an effect. They lose money, and they lose recruits, so they should end up with smaller troop sizes and slower replenishment of their loses.

But it seems no one knows for sure - expect that number of fiefs influences this, but that alone can't be the only mechanism?
  5. What governs Party Size of AI Lords?

Size of Kingdom makes sense, maybe x amount of troops per village/city per month? And when they all died in previous war against Nords, it takes too long to regenerate army?

I'd still love to know if economy has any impact. People have posted that it hasn't, but it seems simple enough and would make raids against caravans much more satisfying.
  6. What governs Party Size of AI Lords?

Hi all Right now, my dear Kingdowm of Swadia is royally getting overrun by Rhodoks. The AI Lords on my side bring 50 to 60 troops each, the Rhodok Counts have 120+. There's currently a single Rhodok Army group right in the middle of Swadian Land which numbers close to 700, 800 men, and all we...
  7. Castle "Under Siege" with no Army nearby?

Is this a bug or simple a glitch... went to the Rhodok Lands, found two weakly defended castles, one had "Under Siege" under it's name, but no Swadian Army anywhere near. They were busy looting the village. Also, I must be doing something wrong - whenever I come upon a siege (even with a...
  8. Impressive Performance by Rhodok-Only Army on Foot

rooperi said:
    Worked for me. Yesterday my 190 mameluks faced about 1240 strong Rhodok force, and on the mountains. Pretty easy win for my cavalry. First round of the fight was challenging but the later ones as easy as  everything else with mameluks. Lost about 20-30 mameluks total and destroyed the whole rhodok force. For full cavalry army Rhodoks are just as easy to run over as other factions, when in AI control. Even in their best terrain.

Same reply as above to Yoshi - I'm fairly sure it wouldn't matter if you had faced 1200 Nords, 1200 Swadians or 1200 Rhodoks - 200 Mamelukes will do that to anyone. Besides, the Mamelukes simple seem to be the most powerful cavalry in entire Warband.
  9. Impressive Performance by Rhodok-Only Army on Foot

Yoshi Murasaki said:
    Didn't work on Rhodoks because you used "a rain of crossbow bolts".

As Swadian.

Try using a torrent of Swadian knights and NOTHING but knights, then report back.

Okay, might work, but since no AI group ever runs around all Knights, that simple means they should be pretty good vs. the computer in single player.

Of course, if you are "gaming the system" and use all high-level troops, some of the best in game, they will beat anyone. But that doesn't mean Rhodoks aren't usable.

10. Impressive Performance by Rhodok-Only Army on Foot

With my current Char and his 50 A-Star Swadian Army, I ran into Rhodoks yesterday. We even outnumbered them with another Allies Lord, 80 to 60 or such.

Half of my best men died in that battle, including a lot of dead Knights and Sharpshooters. And that was versus an outnumbered, unorganized, tactically idiotic placed AI Rhodok Army, while I tried my best to use Cavalry, Archers and Infantry to their strenghts.

I think it's their Spearmen and the large Board shields. Definitly not a pushover - I've been pounding similar sized Nord Armies in the ground with no problem at all, they simple fall in a rain of crossbow bolts while my Cav is running them over at full tilt. Didn't work with Rhodoks.
  11. Impressive Performance by Rhodok-Only Army on Foot

tarnus said:
    Could you clarify what type of troops you had and the Vaegir army was in the quick battle test?

Quick Battle Test, Oasis Map (since I wanted the enemy to fight uphill). My Rhodoks got 50/50 Archers and Infantry (which in turn seem to be 50/50 highest and second highest troop tier).

100 Vaegirs on Foot against 50 of those Rhodoks - not really a problem. 85 Vaegirs with a 33/33/33 mix vs. 65 Rhodoks mixed 50/50 - no problem.

Not quite a scientific test, but assuming that each side gets high level troops randomly...
  12. Impressive Performance by Rhodok-Only Army on Foot

Does their speed over land even out in mountainous terrain? Or does infantry get slowed down even more than horses in such?

I'm quite happy with my current Swadian All-Star Army, but tactically it's too Cavalry-centric and it gets old. So it does sound like Rhodoks are an option to experience different tactical situations.
  13. Impressive Performance by Rhodok-Only Army on Foot

Okay, so modding mapsize and time acceleration speed for world map sounds like it would help.

I understand where Yoshi is coming from, but:

"5) Sharpshooters won't shoot near friendly units. Forget about sending your infantry in and stalling while crossbowmen shoot. It won't work."

I figured that out, if put infantry ahead and aside of the crossbows, even better a little lower, it seems to work.

Like I said, I didn't think myself it possible, but seeing that 60 Rhodoks on foot kill a mixed force of 80 vaegirs easily in a normal custom battle scenario...
  14. Impressive Performance by Rhodok-Only Army on Foot

Hi all Was wondering if it would be feasible for my next character to lead an All-Rhodok All-Footsoldier Party, no Horses. Put this to the test in some Quick Battles and "Single Player" MP setups, and I managed to beat a 100 strong Vaegir Force (sans Cavalry) with 50 Rhodoks. If Vaegirs get a...
  15. so is anyone making a profit as a king?

hruza said:
    AI is not using the same economy system as player. There is no cost of troops AI must pay.

Is this definitly verified? We had a discussion around 1.104 version time if "Economic Warfare" was possible, meaning if hitting caravans and villages would dry out enemy reinforcements.
  16. how long do you stay mercenary?

Thanks Finch, since in both my "careers" so far (one M&B Classic, the other WB) I became a vassal before the end of contract I just never saw that.

BTW, I find it brilliant how they are handling mercenary wages now. In previous M&B, you always had to collect from the King in person, now it's just deducted from the weekly paycheck to your party.
  17. how long do you stay mercenary?

It'd be nice if there was a note somewhere in the reports detailing how many more days your contract runs.
  18. Two things I feel are missing from the game.

I like the "Allies" or at least "Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend" angle, would fit the game. Borders wouldn't, really.
  19. Okay, how do you beat a guy with an axe and shield

Fattyfat said:
    Yes, and interestingly enough even opposed teams (i.e. three teams, one enemy is blue, one enemy is yellow, you are red) CANNOT once they have both targetted you, hit each other.  They will do bounce-off swings behind the other opponent, even though they are opposed.  not cool.

In my case (especially notable in one vs. two sparring on training fields) it seems to me the guy behind actually can stab and hurt me TROUGH the guy in front. v111.3 here. Not even bounced swings, they are actually hitting me.

I seem to have adopted the habit in M&B to move left/right so that both dudes attack in a line and front blocks back dude. Which means it likely worked there. But it's seriously not working in Warband.
  20. Okay, how do you beat a guy with an axe and shield

With some of the tournaments and arena fights lately, I really feel they are very unbalanced compared to what I experienced in normal M&B.

I mean, Arena battle, two guys with shields coming at you when you only get a pole, and they can "strike trough each other" so both are hitting you. Also seems to me in Arena meele the AI really likes to gang up on the player, in tournaments it seems evened out better.
Back
Top Bottom