Search results for query: *

1. Kushana

Zann Lore is a Farce!

Think of it from a mod design perspective. Was the Mount and Blade engine designed to actually handle a custom faction suddenly spawning with massive armies and invading everyone? The mod development team have created something original and unique from the regular MBW experience with the appearance of a menacing new faction in the middle of the campaign and they've made it work as best as they could. But in the end, you can't escape the hard coded limitations of the AI and game engine. Much of what you have described are issues inherent in the game engine which is rather crude to begin with (which is why it's so easy to mod and hasn't been made proprietary out the ass, like almost all of the AAA game engines).

In my campaign, since I largely stuck to the eastern part of the map and the Zann appeared in the west, they managed to overrun 3-4 major factions in about 50-70 days. As of my latest save, there are only 2 major factions on the map that are "healthy", 1-2 that are about to be destroyed or are kept alive by me intentionally, and a largely Zann covered western part of the map. None of the AI factions were capable of standing up to the Zann blitzkrieg for even a short amount of time. I believe this was in 1.3.4.
  2. Kushana

Discussion + Suggestions

The last version of Perisno that I have installed is 1.0

Have any new weapons and armor been added since then? Or do 1.1 and 1.2 only include balance and map changes?
  3. Kushana

Discussion + Suggestions

In my playthrough Birgit keeps switching sides from one kingdom to another. I was quite surprised to see this, given that she's heir to Otto and all. However I think it is quite easily explained by her losing all settlements and having the martial personality. You were supposed to help the Reich become über alles princess, not join the fricking Zann! Meanwhile I'm having a götterdammerung hard time keeping the sole city of the Reich from falling into the hands of whatever faction they're "fighting" (as in getting totally wrecked by) at the moment. The brave lords of the Reich have about 20-30 low tier troops on average and thus get repeatedly gibbed by deserters, snowmen and Illicans. I don't want them to die out completely, since out of all the factions, I like the look and theme of their army the most.

In other words, I can't wait to play this mod again, this is getting so exciting! Maybe I'll hold out long enough for Otto to appoint me marshal so that I can take Sut and from there onwards, recreate the Miracle of the House of Brandenburg in Perisno by slowly regaining all of the Reich's lost domains. Maybe the Zann or Drahara will finally swallow up what remains of the Reich finally and it will be Three Kingdoms. Maybe I'll become Zann's greatest champion, help him take over the entire world, only to turn against him at the last moment to instigate my very own Horus Heresy.

I really wish though that severely weakened factions were to be given some sort of bonus to give them a chance to recover and not die so quickly from a Blitz. In my playthrough, the Reich went from being semi-viable to dead without player holding its sole settlement in a span of about 20-25 days.
  4. Kushana

Media/Screenshots

Hoo boy. I've finally finished my custom faction troop tree! Well sorta. The house hold guard is missing, since my PC is still only a village short of a common peasant.

My equipment choices clearly draw inspiration from the medieval Teutonic Order (hence the whoppingly original name), but since the Drachens have already got the Germanic theme covered, I've decided to avoid overt Teutonisms in their unit templates. Instead I picture them as a semi-sinister Epicurean esoteric order/mercenary group whose membership is devoted to attaining mental and physical perfection (sort of like Paladins of Shellyn in Pathfinder).

IerAuiC.jpg

Their infantry is heavily inspired by that of the Hakkon Empire, with the upper tiers being a "medievalised", if more heavily armored, analogues to the Venatoran and Hakkon legionaries.

4Bkm6V7.jpg

eowly1p.jpg

lMZ0xuJ.jpg

wdyT2LP.jpg

5chuQPR.jpg

kUNKjyA.jpg

ax8mltK.jpg

t71rpqk.jpg

When it comes to range, the mercenary order is solely served by crossbowmen, indicating preference of technology over skill.

dQapmT9.jpg

3g83Xqr.jpg

d9mAksQ.jpg

8tzh2pf.jpg

The order's cavalry mostly consists of heavy armored knight lancers and light ranged cavalry. The order's uppermost elite unit is heavily inspired by the fighting style and look of the Zann.

zd3FRrp.jpg

LsOukHO.jpg

YU8mKQu.jpg

YGzEEAF.jpg

27mdLYv.jpg

6gpmqTV.jpg
  5. Kushana

Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Is it just me or do lances deal way too little damage in this mod? I'm equipped with a red striped lance and PS 9, and I deal about 30-40 points of damage at most to most mid tier troops and above, even at the most successful hits. Does couch lance damage apply in this mod or am I doing something wrong?
  6. Kushana

Discussion + Suggestions

I must say, I'm finding this mod a lot more challenging than Pendor. I got absolutely pulverised by the Zann in a defensive siege battle while playing for the Reich. The brave defenders of Murdenholl killed over 1200 of their troops but the waves just wouldn't stop coming. And then on top of that I got captured by deserters three times in a row. I've lost my entire army and most of my companions and now have to build everything up from scratch.

Not that I'm complaining though, because it does feel good to be upended by the game every once in a while. I do wonder how many attacker waves are there in siege battles though.

Moreover, I can't help but strike a sour note - is it normal for factions to be killed off so fast? The geopolitics in this mod are so weird. I was off to a slow adventurer start and only joined a faction on day 180 or so. By that time, the Dwarves, Kuu-Lan, Cretas and Tolrania were eliminated. Now there are only 5 factions remaining (not counting Giants and Aroulans who don't do squat), and two of them (Elintor and Maccavia) are probably beyond the point when they can possibly ever recover. Come to think of it, minor factions such as Falcons, Geldar and Cretas didn't do much of anything at all except die - never tried to expand, capture settlements or even put up much of a fight. Blitzing seems to be a major thing - Zann is currently in the process of crushing the Reich in my playthrough by sacking every settlement in a row. Also, what's with those weird giant Valahir mobs in the top island?
  7. Kushana

Performance issues and how to handle them

^Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try. For now though I've managed to solve most performance issues by forcing single threading and disabling some particle effects. I'm not exactly sure what it was that solved it though.
  8. Kushana

The frame rate drop only starts during melee combat. It even happens during small size battles, which shouldn't be expected. I mean my computer isn't brand new or hardly top of the line, but I somehow doubt it's a hardware issue. I don't think ragdolls are causing it either.

Would enabling single threading have an impact on performance?
  9. Kushana

Since I've started playing this mod, I've noticed some serious frame rate drops even in smaller scale battles (100 troops or less). I find this odd since my computer should be good enough to run this mod even at high settings up to a battlefield size of around 250-300 (which is what I usually...
  10. Kushana

Media/Screenshots

I accepted a farmer's request to liberate his village in Uliastai. And then I see this:

a5l3U3j.jpg
  11. Kushana

Discussion + Suggestions

If I remember correctly, changes in equipment should appear without starting new game. But If You change stats or faces, You have to start new campaign.

In my case, the changes to equipment don't apply unless I start over.
  12. Kushana

Discussion + Suggestions

Oh and by the way I ran into another issue - do I need to restart the campaign from scratch to see any of the equipment changes that I've made with Morgh appear in game?
  13. Kushana

Discussion + Suggestions

I have a modding related question. I think there are too many troops in the Valahir clan that use the same type of nordic style helmet and I wanted to change some of the lower tier troops to wear more different types. However when I tried to use Morghs edit to change their equipment, had tremendous difficulty finding the specific item, since the search option doesn't catalogue the actual name by which it is known in the game. Is there a way to see which number corresponds to an item in the reference page? That would make it much easier.

EDIT: Never mind. Forgot that the search string is case sensitive. While I do respect the authors aesthetic choices, my fashion obsession has got the better of me and I can't help but play dressup in the troops.txt file editor.
  14. Kushana

SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

As much as I'm excited about the new update, I'm a bit dismayed that the download links for hotfixes and steam compatibility patches  are only available on discord.

Not all of us like using that service.  I would prefer to get it from this forum or the moddb page.

EDIT: Nevermind, my mistake!  The exe file needed to run this mod via steam is contained in the mod folder of the latest released full build. Just a heads up for anybody else having trouble.
  15. Kushana

I have to say, this might not be the most "historically" hardcore mod, nor the most well polished, nor for Sigmar's sake, the most balanced at all, but in terms of sheer insane glee and chaotic fun you get while playing it, I find it to be unrivaled among the overhauls (a very close tie to POP as my favorite). Which is why I am always eagerly awaiting any news and updates to this thread. Bannerlord may come out one day, but in terms of how far user made content can go, the first M&B would probably beat it for many, many years to come.

I think the problem is that you should advertise your mod a little bit - like for instance announce the release of the new version on places like reddit or /v/. I'm sure that a lot more people than is currently the case would love to play this mod once they hear about it.
  16. Kushana

[MEDIA] Prophesy of Pendor Screenshots

I still have trouble beating many of these parties even with a strong late game army filled with huscarls and CKO's  :lol:

17. Kushana

Is it even possible to defend the empire?

The Baccus Empire doesn't exactly play like Imperial Rome of 1st century AD (which is the image most commonly ingrained in pop culture). Rather it's more like late medieval Italy, i.e. what the Western Roman Empire could have actually been like if it survived into the Middle Ages as opposed to a warring cluster**** of city states.

That still doesn't stop them from having in my opinion, the most broken roster in the entire game. They have the best KO's, the best lord armies composition in field battles and a common line of troops that can counter even top tier KO stat line units (e.g. gladiators, pikemen and armored crossbowmen)

They literally have no weaknesses if played right, unlike other factions which feel missing out in some category. Best of all, the cheap easily trainable crossbowmen/heavy infantry combo make paramount garrison troops in terms of cost effectiveness, which is something very important in late game.

If you're finding Noldor battles to be too much of a challenge (and they're intended to be that way) you can easily befriend them early on by following their small squads around with a minimal party and joining each scrap they partake in with other random mobs. Alternatively, as lord of a fief, you can release their prisoners that are periodically placed in the prisons of the castles or cities that you own, which is even faster.

Large snake armies are actually a boon, since they yield large amount of xp for you and your party as well as much needed gold, prisoners and loot. As marshal you can gather your faction lords together and have them chase down those pesky snake hordes whenever they show up. Once the initial wave of Serpent Priestesses and Anaconda Knights (which Empire KO's have no trouble dispatching) is dealt with, the rest of their 500-700 or so army is a pushover. If you're lucky you might even get a qualis gem drop from Maltise.

18. Kushana

Pendor is screwing me

How is it that the faction names aren't appearing for you? Did you install the mod correctly?
  19. Kushana

Magic doesn't work in Warhammer if you're wearing clothes - it might have something to do with Slaanesh  :twisted:

Ah but seriously, the weight modifier of your gear affects magic cast chance, as well as the Winds of Chaos score and the magic skill. That means you should wear low weight armor and weapons while casting. Some spells are bugged, that's just a fact of life. Mind being more specific as to what you were doing at the particular instance of the bug and what spell were you trying to cast?
  20. Kushana

manoose47 said:
    Maxkardinal said:
    Installed it, but nothing changed. Game is barely unplayable. Every time i encounter skaven bandits game crushes. It happens with 100% probability.

I did few tests and it seems that crashes occure when i'm facing battle. When i turn away and let my troops do the job, it goes fine. My PC is modern, so it can't be RAM problems. And battles with other kinds of troops go well.

So are there any chances for a stability patch any soon? Because mod is glorious!

I was playing as Skaven with no issues at all for ~110 days until I reached around 40+ high tier gunner units, jezzails, master gunners, warplocks,  globadiers etc. after that any battle that lasted longer than 5 minutes would ctd with no error message.

My guess is that the green smoke particle effects instances from the various gunner units are not being destroyed quickly enough during battles and are soaking up memory; as each unit spawns more and more of these with each shot fired.
    I've disabled particle effects from the video options menu and enabled force single threading and have had no crashes since.

I agree, disabling particle effects seems to be a very promising idea. The various clouds and special effects, especially from units seem to be the likely culprit behind memory spikes at my end as well.

In general, crashes should be rare as far as the game stays within in the scope of its vanilla gameplay model. When you go widely outside of that model, like with AOE spells and weapon effects, that's when things are more likely to get out of hand. So you have to strike a balance between the extent of visual effects and how much you are willing to risk crashes.

MB may be a pretty crappily designed game, but hey that doesn't stop it from being just about the only  game of kind.  The closest thing I could think of that comes to being this perfect a sandbox would be the X3 series of space sims. And really, it's the mods that make me still play it today.

I have another question though - why are Hellebron/Morathi bald and have the same face? Is there a save-compatible way to change their appearance (e.g. give them a hairstyle or different look?)
Back
Top Bottom