Search results for query: *

1. zedestroyer

SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

So instead of losing my time arguing against the git guds, I contacted the support team and:

Hi,

We disabled the feature but there are many requests.

So we are planning to add it back. We will announce it on our forums.

Best regards

--
    TaleWorlds Support Team
  2. zedestroyer

I think that the issue is easy, those who want the autblock feature back just go to steam and give our feedback in a form of a negative review with the issues (if this isn't the only one) and wait a couple of weeks before deciding on refunding the game. This way we can avoid and stop feeding the entitled git gud trools and tryhards.
  3. zedestroyer

Theres no reason for it to not be in the game, thats true. But seeing how toxic the dumbasses needing autoblock are then i hope that they dont add it into the game.
    Have you read the topic? People that like or need the feature are posting to ask for the game to be fixed since it's a core feature of the game series since the beginning, but we have been harassed and trolled by those that opposed the idea and think that are better than the rest just because they use manual block, a feature that was added during the game series development.
  4. zedestroyer

Damn, the exact wtf reaction, lol.
    It's easy, if the developers don't want autoblock, I will refund the game and buy another game of my list.
  5. zedestroyer

So it seems that TW rep is advocating to "git gud" as well on Steam.
    Game is refunded, thank you guys who supported the request to get the basic feature back that made game playable for me for 8 years, but this franchise is over for me.
    See you in Cyberpunk.
    Where?
  6. zedestroyer

The thing is that auto-block is the default setting of M&B, they added manual block after the initial release, so many of the idiots that are complaining about people asking to add a missing core game mechanic and don't realize that the manual block is the option (in the series).

And I don't get why people must criticize something that don't impact them and that can attract more players that would enable a new Warband/Bannerlord to be made.

Seems that people have their head so up into their rear ends that they prefer an hardcore game that is the last of the series instead of allowing some options for the less hardcore M&B gamers and casual players. New flash: your not special because you can block manually and no one wants to take way your feature and make you play in a different way, grow up please.
  7. zedestroyer

I'm presenting my stance on the subject, you may disagree, dislike, don't care, whatever (assuming you understood what I was actually trying to say), but I'm afraid you're not in position to tell whether I'm embarassing myself or not. You're of course free to think like that, some others are of course free to agree with you, some others - disagree.
    The number of agreeing/disagreeing people is not the measure of "truth" on the internet. If you don't believe - try writing "the Earth is round" on the flatearthers forum. Even as high as 99% of "lol stop embarassing yourself" responses won't suddenly make the Earth flat.

I wrote what I wanted to write, some will read it and disagree, some will read it and agree. I see no point in discussing it any further, unless directly provoked by quoting.

No, you attacked people that just want a feature that have been part of the series, just to point out how superior you are to the people that want the feature back.

Using your metaphor, this is like if your mountain had an easier access to the top and after some maintenance and construction works that path was closed, it's not like people are asking for a new path, but to just reopen the less demanding path. I can also add that if that path didn't exist, the amount of visitors would be smaller and there could be no money to maintain the mountain open for visitors, so no more climb for both casual and hardcore climbers, is that what you want?
  8. zedestroyer

Bannerlord SP First Reactions: Megathread

It lacks autoblock feature, haven't played much but it feels an updated warband with better graphics but the same combat mechanics and feel.
  9. zedestroyer

Started the game and gave up because of lack of auto-block. And I don't get the idiocy of those that are were complaining about something that don't impact them, if there are a few players that like to play without it, there are probably a lot more that like and use it, specially considering that it was am option in the anterior games. Don't forget that you still have to time your block, it's not like the AI just blocks for you.
  10. zedestroyer

Shield Bash

So ... no one can answer?

I would like to play the game ... really play and not staying in the ground stunned by shield bash afyer shield bash after shield bash ...  :mad:
  11. zedestroyer

Equipment

About the armor, what's the impact of a single unit in weight? Because Plate Armor is 2 units of weight heavier but gives 3 more armor points than a Coat of Plates.

Are there Balanced Mauls, Hammers and Iron Maces?
  12. zedestroyer

Equipment

bonez899 said:
    Your boots should be fine as long as you don't get slogged down in to many melee circles while on horse back and the rest I would look for a better helmet and a better piece of armour. For your weapons I would just look for anything that is better and replace your bastard sword as your 1 handed weapon as it only use 75% of the weapons damage and speed.
    I just want to know what would be the best equipment to my character, so that I don't spend money buying something to be replaced a few days later.

A full set of armor and a shield are my priorities. I'm interested in getting a Lordly Plate Armor, Lordly Great Helmet, Lordly Gauntlets and Lordly Plate boots for the suit of armor and a Reinforced Huscarl’s Round Shield. Will this setup have a negative impact on my character?

For weapons, I like the Balanced Bastard Sword, since I can use it with an shield (when fighting against multiple enemies or moving against ranged foes) or without it (most of the time, when fighting troops without shields), the balanced modifier gives a nice speed bonus.
    My main doubt is about the Heavy Maul, It is effective against enemies with shields, I've been able to knock unconscious enemy troops even when they block my attacks with their shields and i the first few days after getting the Maul,  I made 10K with prisoners. But will it worth buying a Great Hammer or an Iron Mace? Are there balanced or masterwork Mauls, great Hammers and Iron Maces?
    Is the balanced Heavy Lance the best weapon to deal couching damage? Or can I exchange it for other weapon also capable of doing not only couching damage, but also swing damage?
  13. zedestroyer

Equipment

I'm having some doubts about what would be the best equipment to my character. In my current save he has: - 23 Strength, 15 Agility, 7 Ironflesh - 7 Power Strike, 5 Shield, 5 Athletics, 5 ridding - 188 One handed weapons Proficiency, 246 Two handed weapons Proficiency and 269 Polearms...
  14. zedestroyer

Dont get any fiefs - frustrated

Impoverished Noble said:
    I had a castle...for about 2 days ingame :cry:

Knudarr Castle was taken by Nords, they left 90 men there and moved on. I moved up all the archers in my party so they´d spawn at the beginning, sieged castle, kept distance and fired. Worked pretty well, took out 20 or so. Then I told the archers to retreat (to make room for infantry) what do they do? Run up the ladder into the castle :mrgreen: Nice retreat! Well they got butchered, but my infantry and myself took the castle. YAY!

I garrisoned all the units in my party except heroes and 5 knights, left to recruit all I could...but all villages in a large radius had been recently looted. I ride south to the next intact village, getting some mercs in Dhirim on the way, when my castle is besieged by Nords! I rush back, though I realize my party of 15 or so wont be much of a help. I meet the marshal on the way and yes, hes headed to Knudarr! Hope grows within me, but when we finally arrive, there are about 300 Nords (4 parties!) and the marshal turns back, the damn coward! I watch helplessly, as  the castle is taken by the bastards and am not even able to issue orders to defending soldiers (do I have to leave a hero there maybe?) Well at least it was an exciting afternoon :wink:

I advise you to:

Step 1:
    - Save money: tournaments, trade, looting, selling prisoners ... if needed disband a few troops (this is important so that you don't need to worry about cash in steps 2 and 3)
    - Develop 1 or 2 companions with a high surgery skill, 1 or 2 companions with high trainer skill, one companion with high pathfinding skill and one companion with high engineer skill
    - Level up your remaining troops
    - Improve relations with the nobles and the king

Step 2:
    - Start moving between villages, recruiting troops (your heroes with high trainer skill will help evolve them)
    - Try to fight a few enemy lords to gain experience, new equipment, loot and even troops (if you defeat enemy armies with prisoners)
    - Talk to other nobles and the king after defeating enemy lords, that will improve your relation with them

Step 3:
    - Wait until your faction goes to war with the khergits (don't forget that this game also includes strategy, so it's best to make your first siege against a town/castle from the weaker faction in sieges: the khergits )
    - Scout their castles and towns and choose your target

Step 4:
    - When attacking use your melee troops, khergits have mostly horse archers, that are weaker in melee, so order your troops to charge them to avoid casualties from ranged fire.

This should work ...

15. zedestroyer

sandoval said:
    Hi all,
    I never bothered about renown, but took my first castle on my own. Here is what I do:
    - increase leadership. Bigger armies, higher moral.
    - get sharpshooters. 1/3 to 1/2 of the army. Rhodoks are best, but Swadian will do. You can increase firepower by handing out crossbows and bolts to your companions.
    - find a suitable castle. It should be a "one ladder" castle; no siege tower, not a two ladder castle, because they are not defensable later. Not more than 150 men defense, not too many top level archers.
    - how to get the castle: Grinding. Put infantry/cavalry with shields in the first row, crossbowmen in the second row. Let them rip until they run out of ammo. Do not attack yet, but retreat. Then let your men heal, and start all over again. This way a 80 men army can all but wipe out a 150 men defense.

Success is not certain; enemy lords may chase you away, or your own marshal may exploit your efforts and put siege to the place himself while you are away healing. But over time, it will work.

Renown increases your army size ... so it's best to focus in your character fighting skills, recruit and evolve heroes so that they can have those supporting skills that your character doesn't need to have (surgery, engineer, trainer, pathfinding, ... ), build up renown and your treasury and also your relation with other lords and the king.

Because renown it's also important to get the castle/town you conquered.
  16. zedestroyer

Impoverished Noble said:
    Hi I´m new to this forum, I played M&B Warband for several days now, am Lvl 15 and a vassal of Swadia. I like the game, but I´m pretty frustrated because I only have one crappy village which is constantly raided even though its far from the enemy borders and I somehow cant get more fiefs.

I read here on this forum that you can increase the odds of the king granting you a fief by 1)having a lot of renown (mine is about 280) 2)taking castles yourself, which means initiating a siege and winning it and 3)having a decent relationship with the king.

Problem is this: I have about 90 troops and how can I take a castle by myself when the garrison plus lords in the castle have about 250 troops and additionally other lords from outside are breaking the siege with about 200 [more?? I could do it if somebody from Swadia would help me out but if I choose "May I suggest a course of action?" in dialogue everybody says "I dont know you well enough"  :sad: If I help the Marshal in a siege which I did about 6 times, the castle always goes to someone else..hell, most of the time this utter bastard King Harlaus gives the fiefs to himself!

If I want to increase relations with the king by taking quests from him he never gives me any, and helping him in battle only gets me +1. He´s never at feasts, and the guys I talk to who are present dont like me any better when I greet them except once when I had to insult another one (quest). I´m atm trying to woo the niece or something of the marshal maybe that´ll help

Concerning renown: I´ve read that you can gain more by winning battles with unfavorable odds but I dont want to disband all my trained, valuable units and go bandit-hunting alone, plus I dont think I could take more than 10 or 12 alone. Seems a bit like an exploit to me, too. I fight and win every tourney I can find, no problem, but it doesnt make any big difference. What am I supposed to do play the game for ages till I get renown 1000 before I get my own castle??? :shock:

You need more renown ... try winning tournaments, you can build up your renown, win money (if you bet in yourself) and you can practice your fighting skills. I would advise you to get some thousand denars before starting build up a larger army and to build up your renown ... I had more than more than 300 renown when I joined Swadia as a mercenary and more than 500 when I became vassal and conquered Halmar with almost 600 renown and the king gave it to me. Try also to do quests for the king ... plenty of quests ... to increase your relation with him, this will also help. Having a good relation with other lords can also improve your chances, so doing some quests and trying to get a good relation with the lords of the faction you want to join is important.

Companions a key factor if you want to be successful, since your character can't do everything, so you should try to visit taverns to find companions to help you manage your army, I would advise the following companions: Borcha ( his pathfinding enables your party to move faster), Jeremus ( his medical skill help your troops survive and recover from battles), Artimenner (his engineer skill reduces the time needed to build siege equipment's, so enemy lords will have less time to atack you when besieging a town/castle), Lezalit (because with his trainer skill he can level up your troops, so that you can raise better ones from raw recruits) and Firentis ( he is needed to balance your party likes<->dislikes, since Jeremus don't like Artimenner but likes Firentis, having Firentis makes Jeremus happier and avoid him leaving the party - Artimenner on the other hand likes Lezalit). These companions make a solid core for your party and will make your job easier.

While you move from one town to another to participate in tournaments and to hire companions, you should recruit and train a few recruits until they reach an high level ... for swadians I would advise training Swadian Knights ... these in conjunction with your companions will form the core of your future army. To train them recruit Lezalit (because of his trainer skill) and fight bandits/raiders/looters that you find in your way between towns.

After you have saved money and after having a good supporting force made of companions and some high level troops, then you can join a faction and start recruiting more men and fighting enemy armies, this will take some time and that's why you saved money from the tournaments, so that you don't have to worry with financial issues wile you are build up a decent army, otherwise you will have to do things to get the needed money to maintain and train troops, like rushing into unnecessary battles for the loot. Don't mind with the village the king gives you when you became vassal, it will be constantly raided ... you should focus in the big prize: an enemy town or castle.

After building up a strong army based in the quality of your men and not numbers, then you can try a siege. I f you play with Swadia, I would advise you to try to conquer a khergit castle or town, since they aren't very good in melee and they normally went to war with Swadia ... I my last save I got Halmar with a force of 60 men (the majority were Swadian Knights and a few sharpshooters and sergeants) against 300 enemy troops including an enemy lord (that I personally defeated in battle  :mrgreen:), dismounted horse archers aren't very good in melee against dismounted Swadian Knights. Before the siege, you should had recruited Jeremus and improved his surgery skill to reduce your losses and you should have Artimenner to reduce the duration of the siege.

After that I would advise you to talk with the king, if possible, he will say who he thinks deserve the town, if it's not you, take your troops out of the town to avoid loosing them, if it's you, then congratulations, you will win a town/castle. If you win the tow/castle you conquered, try to garrison your high level troops, they will cost less when garrisoned and you can then recruit new troops to train and level up and use the garrisoned troops when needed, of course that you should maintain some high level troops with you to win battles.
  17. zedestroyer

Shield Bash

Is there any way to turn off this silly feature?
  18. zedestroyer

The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

João said:
    you could put at the mod menu to desactivate shield bash(i think that's the name)? i don't like it cuz the enemies bash you and you fall and can't get up like in that old street fighter games
    and if shield bash it's disabled i can crush them all :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:(ok only 5 at a time) :???: whithout soldiers helping,like in the old times of 1.011 native
    sry if bad english
    CRUSH THEM ALL :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I agree ... today I tried this mod, but I gave up because of the shield bash ... I think that it's unrealistic and that it breaks game play.
  19. zedestroyer

Mid(?) game advice seeking

Like many things, you should plan and execute your strategy from the moment you start a new game.

Even the character creation is essential for a successful strategy. For me investing in a strong fighter is the best way to start the game, a strong fighter will allow you to win your first fights and to win tournaments and you will be able to get more experience and evolve your character faster, if you fight with your own men and don't stay back. Leadership skills will be more useful after the middle of the game and at that point you will have a powerful character capable of gaining many experience points in each battle, by killing many enemy troops, that can level up faster than a character that was focused in non-fighting related skills. Fighting your own battles is a good way to get stronger and stronger.

Then you have tournaments, they are the way to go in the beginning of the game, since if you bet in yourself and win, you can win a few thousands denars, not to mention some experience and renown. Since feast are normally held at the same time as tournaments, you can enter them if you win the tournaments, this will allow you to meet the ladies that you can later marriage and dedicate the tournament to any lady you would like to marry in the future, if not, you can dedicate it to a already married lady, so that you can improve the relation it her and allow you to ask her to help you improve the relation with another noble.

Another advantage of the tournaments is that you will have to travel, so you should try to pass by as many towns you can to look for companions in the taverns, I would advise having the following heroes in your party, before starting to build a large army:
    - Borcha - he can help you spot and track down your enemies and he will enable your party to move faster, because of his skills: tracking, spotting and pathfinding
    - Jeremus - he reduces the amount of troops killed in battle and helps your troops and heroes healing faster, since he is good at: wound treatment, surgery and first aid
    - Lezalit: he can train your raw recruits, enabling them level up to more decent troops, since he has 4 in trainer skill
    - Artimenner: he has 4 in engineer, so he reduces costs and construction time for your village/town improvements and reduces the time needed to build siege equipment, this reduces the probability of an enemy lord attacking you while sieging a town/castle
    - Firentis: he is important since Jeremus like him and don't like Artimenner, so adding Firentis to your party helps maintaining Jeremus satisfied (Artimenner likes Lezalit)

You should also try to train a few man to help you and to be the core around your future army will grow, but keep your party small. Try to take looters, deserters and other bandits in your way from one tournament to another. Doing some quests for the nobles of the faction you want to join is also important in this stage, especially  if you do quests for the king.

After getting a good amount of money and equipment, you should start to recruit more men and then try to talk to the nobles, to be a mercenary (that way you get a small steady income). In this stage, just recruit and train new recruits to expand your army and attack start attacking enemy armies, to get more experience.

You can become vassal after you have  decent army, with high tier troops,  capable of taking a town. Just talk to the king to become vassal and then attack ... the Khergit are a good target, in my current game I took Halmar with an army of less than 60 troops, they had a garrison of 300 troops, just use strong melee troops to kill their horseless horse-archers. Artimenner would be important to reduce the time you spent building siege equipment and Jeremus will reduce the amount of troops killed o your side. If you have a good relation with the king and a high renown, he will probably grant you the city, after that you will have a steady income and you can garrison your troops to reduce their wages.
  20. zedestroyer

Going from king to vassal

annallia said:
    Northcott said:
    Apparently I'm quite quotable!

Yes, it appears that you are.

zedestroyer said:
    One more question.

What units will I have, if I create my own kingdom?
    If I remain neural and conquer a castle to start my own faction or if I defect from other kingdom, what units will I be able to recruit from villages?

Until now I only got a castle and a village, that doesn't allow me to recruit soldiers because I had looted it.  :cool:

Unless your mod changed things or you changed them then you will get whatever troops were native to that village, you will also have to raise your relation with them since you say you looted it.

For instance, if the castle and  village tied to it were Swadian territory in the beginning of the game then when you can recruit troops from there again you will recruit Swadian troops.

There are a few tweaks you can do and I would be happy to find them for you if you are interested that will allow you to recruit troops of whatever faction you are serving, or whichever faction you choose for your own kingdom.

Ok, thanks ... For now I will try to evolve in my current native campaign and after that I will try a mod. So You don't need to worry about the tweaks.
Back
Top Bottom