Resolved Save file stopped working after save&exit

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.1.5.21456
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:The save won't work and it says "A problem occured while trying to load a save file". It is only for this main file which I put a lot of hrs in and it just doesnt work at all. New saves work and I don't have any backup of this one. I used save&exit and the next day it wouldn't work.
How to Reproduce: load the save
Have you used cheats and if so which: Used the kill army once and that's it. It was way before the problem
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Gtx1080
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: Intel 7 11700
RAM: 16gb
Motherboard: z490 gaming plus
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): ssd

Here's the file:

also i posted the file on the ticket

Please fix it because i put a lot of time into the save.

Were you able to see the crash uploader tool? If you can upload your crash to us we can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that we can find it.
More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.

No, it only pops up an in-game window "A problem occured while trying to load a save file" or sth like that. All new saves work fine. No crashes

I mean the save doesn't look corrupted, cause you can see the stats. It just doesn't seem to load. It happened after save&exit so i don't really know what happened. No sudden alt+f4 or power cut-offs, exited the game normally. (2 pics)

(Also the autosave works but it was at the start of the campaign)

Last edited:
Could you send us the save file you are experiencing this issue with?
Do you have a save file of the session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here: "C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves"
To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click on "My Account" and then click on "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

This issue has not yet been resolved. I never had this issue before but now, if I win a battle and try to sell the loot, my subsequent save files will not load. As a note, the melee weapons seem ok to sell but nothing else. As soon as I save after that, and try to load the save, I get the message "A problem occurred while trying to load the saved game"
I am playing 1.2.8
Updates:
I am now on 1.2.9 - same issue
Issue is worst than I thought. I am not able to buy or sell anything in towns. If I do, and save, the save will NOT load

Last edited:
Hi MArdA
Thank you for getting back to me.
I deleted everything (including from Recycle Bin) and reinstalled the game. I am now playing and have no more problems. I really don't know why this happened as there was no crash report. If it happens again, I will send a saved file.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom