S++ rank Bannerlord gamer feedback on beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Introduction:
Well to start it off, sorry for the clickbait in tittle. And welcome to my another wall of feedback. Before getting to the specific points I want to say that with this patch game is getting put in right direction, tho 1.5.5 has some flaws, which after being fixed are gonna make the game way better. So lets get right into them.

Changes and suggestions:

1. Throwing removal from heavy infantries and big nerf to it's dmg's + Archer slowdown to make up for it.
Removing throwing weapons from heavy infantries is a step in right direction, but in the same time it's a huge nerf. There had to be something added to make up for it, which is the archer slowdown. Archer slowdown will need more testing, cuz Infantries will REALLY need a way to catch to them. Devs suggested that skirmisher classes are counter to archers, which I heavily dissagree. To even get to archer, you need to leave teamfight, leaving your infantry on -1, which will allow an easy stomp for opposing team and a snowball. The game basic right now goes as following -> get some map controll, get to teamfight, start a teamfight, one side wins, archer gets killed if out position/regroup, new spawns regroup and people go for second push and round is concluded. You can't skip the teamfight part and get to archers 90% of the time, sometimes flanks happens, sometimes archers are out of position, but when 2 equal strenght team match eachother such situation won't happen. Saying that moment someone can go for archer is if they have one inf more, but also there are situation with 2 archer, which doesnt allow for that anymore. A lot will happen when 1.5.5 drops, and I hope it will get things better and allow more options for teams, but going out the max 2 limits will make game a trash experience.

2. Beduin can't take camel and shield.

camel_withotu_shield_XD.png

This change is very weird in particullar. We can all agree that beduin with camel is strongest light cav in game, and it might need a slight nerf. But nerfing it that way leaves is as playable class only in premade groups when someone can drop you a shield. On the other side of this spectrum, Nahasan which is a second choice for beduin, is worst horse in game. He is fastest, but also got lowest maneuvr, which makes it worthless to use. If I had to suggest camel nerf, go for lowering his hp/charge dmg. You can't just take our favourite meme away with this neft x).

3. Empire cavalry economy is a joke.

courses_economy_is_a_joke.png

In 1.5.4 all heavy inf's have throwing weapons. In 1.5.5 it's quite the opposite. Keeping that in mind, we can easly tell that empire was very strong thanks to easy Pilas accesibility, which made up for empire cavalry economy. After their removal, empire will start to struggle a lot, even despite their archers buff which I will mention later. I suggest reverting light cav cost to 130, so second round will always allow the rider to play heavy + light, and not light+light in second round after losing. And courser isn't even top 3 light cav according to Woj,DragonKing,Rangah and Relexan (all 3 very strong cav players). Also Cataphract isn't the strongest heavy cav, due to the lack of lance acces.

4. Arbalest and light crossbowman buff's

no_one_asked_for_it_-_xbow.png
not_sure_why_this_guy_got_a_shield.png

Problems here are kinda huge. Arbalest was fine as it was, being a great threat to any enemy class, only class that could tank a headshot was heavy inf. Right now even they are getting killed with a one hit, which makes it a very problematic weapon. Only way I see heavy inf getting a one hit should be pila headshot, cuz losing your 160 class to a headshot(which good archers will give a lot), makes it very hard to counter it. Vlandia was by far strongest faction, and buffing it might be a overkill. I suggest reverting arbalest dmg to what it was. Also the shield for a light crossbow is another Vlandia buff, which in my opinion is not needed. Tho it's not as harmfull as arbalest buff.

5. Aserai tribal warrior acces to improved armour(23 armour) + mace + 3 spawns.

over_kill_for_tribal_warior_-_mace__improved.png

Tribal warriors are already getting an indirect buff which is removal of throwings. Getting to teamfight was the hardest part of playing aserai, cuz any throwing hit from a good angle made you -1 for your team. Now when that it's gone only cav/archers can make that difference before teamfight. That will be a huge power spike for Aserai as entire faction. Keeping that in mind, giving them this acces(huge buff) might push this faction to top 1/2 even. I think this change should be reversed, no infantry, ESPECIALLY one that has 3 spawns shouldn't have acces to armour + mace combo.

6.Heavy shield perk is a dead perk. Needs a change.

sugestion_stronger_shields_are_useless_due_to_increased_weight.png

Heavy shield perk is a dead perk. No one takes that, unless someone is new to the game. The main problem of this perk is shield weight increase, which makes you slower. So to take that perk, you had to give up on throwings/spear and you would be slower, which made it totally useless. Even if throwings are gone, it's not gonna make it stronger in any way. What needs to happen, is that weight of this shields should be 2. Every heavy inf shield should weight 2, like it is for Vlandians sergeants.

7.Future of Sturgia.

varyag_needs_a_buff.png

Current BEAST proved that sturgia is either the worst or second worst faction in game. But why is that? Well let's look at it from the big picture. Where does their main power lies? Varyags. So, any time you nerf an infantry in general or Varyag, faction is getting a hit as a whole. Also brigands were amongs the worst skirmishers classes, same with their shock troops who were the worst shock troop in game. So after introduction of 1.5.0, infantries carry potential were lowered by a lot, making Varyags weaker. Then their axe got nerfed, which is another hit. With just these 2 this faction performed very bad compared to other heavy infantry factions. Only faction they shine aganist is Aserai, cuz Varyags are natural born light infantry counters, giving them 50 armour and 80+ dmg hits on tribals. Now when throwing weapons are taken away from them it will put this faction in worst position it has ever been. Now what should happen to prevent that. First of all Varyags needs a buff of some sort to make up for the nerfs they got along the way. So what can be buffed to don't make it to strong? Increase armour by 2, increase movement speed by 1 and make their stronger shield their basic shield, and replace heavy shield perk with perk that makes their shield weight drop to 2. That way sturgia will see some proper winrate better than 33%.

8. Changes that needs to be reverted asap.
improved__mace.png

First of all, heavy infantry acces to improved armour + mace. It will force every good inf player to use that, unless they play spear + improved armour. That will make swords/axes unusable unless you play aganist aserai, but that's the only moment they will see some play. Devs already said it's getting reverted.
spear_inf_joke.png

Khuzait perk placement. Taking away their acces to improved + weapons makes him even weaker and right now spear inf is considered worst infantry troop in game. That one is just unnaceptable. Also a suggestion, his movement speed shoulb be increased by 1, to make him fit more into idea of being fast infantry. The perk placements will also most likely get reverted.
javs_remove_shield_on_mounted_warior.png

Battania cav bug when picking javs it removes your shield.Devs also said it will be fixed so don't worry.

9.The entire idea of forcing infantries to use heavy spears.
That kinda kills the idea of spearman class, as a class who uses only spear. With a slowdown to weapon switch, when you are hugged by enemy infantry you can't really fight him back in any way other then shield bash and weapon switch. Longer spears looks better on paper, allowing you to stop horses easier, but with recent introduction to proper horse rearing, I don't think they are even needed for good spear inf to fight off cav well. I am no spearman myself but people like Fineapple and Diabelek asked me to mention it, so if any questions comes regarding this topic, they will be better ones to talk about it as spear mains.

10. Ranger + throwing axes meme
this_on_archer_XD.png

Well this one is self explanatory. This perk will end either as dead perk, or as a drop for infantry. Why the heck would archer need a throwing weapons.

11. Definitely good changes that had to happen but no one really talked about them.
Khans guard buff by giving him better default sword, tho this class might need a bit more buffs like stronger bow for example.
Brigand buff, but he rather got buffed by ricochete cuz every skirmisher class now has acces to weapon + shield + pila + 4 throwing at the same time (other than skirmisher himself).
Crossbows for Palatines Guard. I feel like giving them acces to crossbow will make them way stronger, also giving them acces to shield will put them among best archers in game, and empire definitely needed that after limiting acces to pila's. Tho giving him acces to mace + better bow/crossbow at the same time might be a overkill. Some kind of arrows should replace this perk. Also every archer should have accesibility to extra arrows(Popowicz bullied me to write that).

12. Bows got buffed to much.
With the current change to bows giving them a "soul" for each of them, it made them completly broken. I don't have any footage of that sadly, but bows full focus time was way to long, and need to be reverted to what we have rn (1.5.4). Making them draw faster or changing them in all kind of direction is fine, but giving them back the aiming posibilities of 1.4.3 + having infantry nerfs is a overkill. This wasn't mentioned in the patch notes and was regarded as a bug if I remember correctly, but it has to go. You can't just rever archers nerfs while keeping all the other nerfs to different classes.

Conclusion:
This patch is a step in right direction, tho what worries me the most if how the catching up will perform in upcoming future. We will need to pay close attention to the speed in which infantry can catch up to archers, so they won't be able to kite forever. With removing only heavy inf threat to archers, this might be problematic. But this change in particullar will need a lot of testing. Anyways, thank you for reading and I hope at least some of my suggestions will go throught.

The changes proposed seem fine for skirmish, but once again, they do not work for captain or siege.

For the 100th time this has been said in this forum, balance gamemodes differently.

Throwing weapons on archers is the ultimate proof that the MP devs are clueless, have no idea what the **** they are doing and should moved to SP development ASAP while TW should be hiring veteran and new pro players to help them actually design the game.

I feel like throwing weapons are sh*t right now, It shouldn't deal 20 dmg into Sergeant's head... In my opinion throwing weapons should make more damage, but there should be less throwings. Just look at the Empire recruit he has 8 javelins and PILA (9) imo this is a joke and that's should be changed. Also I'd like to see back throwings on heavy inf, but with less amount and on second perk to keep presure on archers and cav.
At the same time I agreed on that nerf on weapon like franceska, because It was able to one shot.

they have made it that the wildling for battania has access to a throwing spear and javs with a shield and a sword quite op especially as u can spawn 3 times as them if u save

I feel like throwing weapons are sh*t right now, It shouldn't deal 20 dmg into Sergeant's head... In my opinion throwing weapons should make more damage, but there should be less throwings. Just look at the Empire recruit he has 8 javelins and PILA (9) imo this is a joke and that's should be changed. Also I'd like to see back throwings on heavy inf, but with less amount and on second perk to keep presure on archers and cav.
At the same time I agreed on that nerf on weapon like franceska, because It was able to one shot.

The problem with throwing weapons were never the dmg itself but the dmg you get from moving on horseback and the consistency, yet they made them useless. The MP dev team is funny as hell

this patch game is getting put in right direction
proceeds to point out 12 problems created by the patch*
Literally every patch has a *step in the right direction* but destroys another thing that needs to be patched, what is the point. Players have to adapt and see what the new meta is and play around that in every single patch lmao

Like hairless wrote, there is no sense the Empire light cav cost 140 when actualy he is the worst all of light cav maybe equal at the Sturgian one, even the catafract is not better than Mameluk, Druzhynik. Good feedback Sir.

When 1.5 was dropped a couple of threads were created named "Throwing to weak now".
Devs responded like "Don't worry, we will adjust"
And now throwing is nerfed?

I did not play beta but if throwing is really weaker than before I will more than disappointed!

When 1.5 was dropped a couple of threads were created named "Throwing to weak now".

I did not play beta but if throwing is really weaker than before I will more than disappointed!
They basically said yes yes will fix but the fix was fully ending throwing fixing it from a slow painful death

In my opinion, throwing should NOT be infantries primary tool to get kills.
If nerfing throwing/taking it away from more infantry classes means that infantry can't pressure other infantry/archers or defend themselves against cavalry, they should be given different tools to do so (e.g. be able to catch up to running archers, spears to hold off cavalry (which they already have and work now).
Having all but two infantry classes have some sort of throwing weapon makes the game just...annoying to play, for all classes, in my opinion.

If nerfing throwing/taking it away from more infantry classes means that infantry can't pressure other infantry/archers or defend themselves against cavalry, they should be given different tools to do so (e.g. be able to catch up to running archers, spears to hold off cavalry (which they already have and work now).
Having all but two infantry classes have some sort of throwing weapon makes the game just...annoying to play, for all classes, in my opinion.
I share this sentiment, throwing should be a side tool for classes that don't specialize in throwing, it's kind of sad really that the game sort of forces oneshot throwables like pila and (formerly) franceskas to be such a pillar for infantry damage dealing, and people have to come to rely on them by now.

The beta seems to have gone for less oneshot throwables, especially for non-skirmisher classes, which I really like. If infantry can now reliably catch archers, which I'm not sure about yet, then apart from some questionable perk choices and bows being made too strong due to the new mechanics (I'm sure both of these things can and will be adjusted fairly quickly), I do think this patch is, as Hairless said, a step in the right direction.

e: actually, Hairless seems to have skipped the most important thing being done on the beta - CRUSHTHROUGH is now only on hammers/2h maces, they have been slowed down and don't do crazy damage when they do crush. This is hands down the best thing that has happened on the beta and I didn't see people praising this in the thread yet.

Last edited:

Agree. Right now it's a 3rd-person shooter e-sport game. At least those patches are leading to it.
I am a melee player like most Mount & Blade players.
Might be it just not a game for us.

Back
Top Bottom