The “Crushed Through” Solution

Users who are viewing this thread

soul_jak

Sergeant at Arms
Okay no one likes crushed through. Period. I get the idea behind the mechanic, but this should not punish players who can and do block the attack by taking insane amounts of dmg.

But, what would make it interesting and tolerable is if it staggered ur opponent similar to a kick or shove with like 1-5 dmg taken. And maybe have higher dmg hurt the shield if the opponent has one, this way the “crushed through” can be more fair to opponents and be used more as a team dynamic like a fellow archer can get a shot in or a hit from a really good blocker.

Also slow down the swings and faints of two handers in general and lower the swing radius.

Any thoughts?

Okay no one likes crushed through. Period. I get the idea behind the mechanic, but this should not punish players who can and do block the attack by taking insane amounts of dmg.

Depends on the weapon, if its hammer than you can easily counter it with a faster sword, but for example a menavalion/2handed should not be able to perform a crushthrough

Sounds like an idea worth trying for crush through.

Also: With "radius", do you mean the reach of the weapon or the angle of the circle section that your swing covers? I'm all for reducing the latter a bit. I think currently swings even do relevant damage to some opponents who are rather behind than in front of you.

Sounds like an idea worth trying for crush through.

Also: With "radius", do you mean the reach of the weapon or the angle of the circle section that your swing covers? I'm all for reducing the latter a bit. I think currently swings even do relevant damage to some opponents who are rather behind than in front of you.
Angle like the menav can hit people nearly 360° with a bit of movement

A finger on the monkey's paw curls, and Armagan decides to give all weapons crushthrough.
images

they should take a page out of Warband with the crush through, in my opinion, great hammers even though they crush through u could counter them easily at least any experienced player. But right now there is to many weapons that crush through it ain't needed. Melavions should not as their range and speed is enough of a buff, same with voulges or at least lower the threshold of the voulges crushing through. The only weapons which should crush though are hammers in my opinion but then at least nerf the damage you take from a crush through as it is annoying when you block the attack yet it doesn't matter with some crush through doing 100 damage. My overall opinion they should do the Warband route and only hammers with it, but I wouldn't mind some 2hs keeping the crush though just needs to be nerfed massively. But the one weapon in my opinion which shouldn't have a crush through is the melavions.

A crush through shouldn't deal so much demage at all, since a large part of the force "has to" get absorbed by whatever it crushes through. Especially in a game like that, it doesen't really make sense, since it punishes players who trained to adapt to the games mechanics and empowering players who just randomly chime into the game and spam 2h. Honestly, even if it would get interchanged with a staggering effect wouldn't really do it. 2h weapons are really strong already anyways, I don't see why they need even more advantages

Crush through is changed to be only on certain weapons, like two handed hammers and maces, which will be much slower but deal more damage. Other weapons like the Menavlion will not crush through. This change is for the multiplayer only.

Crush through is changed to be only on certain weapons, like two handed hammers and maces, which will be much slower but deal more damage. Other weapons like the Menavlion will not crush through. This change is for the multiplayer only.

Talking about heavy weapons, any plan for the block stun? For example, give it a sound effect?
Currently, it's very hard to tell it's a network delay, or it's a stun.

network delay: When you are facing a network delay, your character will stop very shortly, and then follows a super quick attack. Because of that, I usually just input, input, and input. Not rely on what's on my screens too much. However, the stun mechanism breaks the flow.
I assume in the real-world if I got stunned, my hands will get hurt, then I will know it immediately.

Back
Top Bottom