For those who needs tip about leveling up the Leadership skill

Users who are viewing this thread

Dr-Shinobi

So at first, what you want is to go above 75 in moral for your troops to get it ticking from my understanding.
The more you got on the leadership skill the easier it will be since it will higher your base value.
So for this you need:

- To buy every sort of different food you can find to keep the moral up. Dont have to be much but i usually keep 10 of each just so it lasts a bit. Check the description what counts as food.
- You also need to fight harder battles. In other words you need to ante up the fights on the battlefield but dont have to be that risky, still the riskier the better. But if you loose then you´re back to working it up again since you loose a lot of morale and you might loose all your food so be careful
- Recruiting also higher your leadership slightly but not that much from my understanding and can be a costly option early on

However the best way is to lead armies which you later on can do either by creating a new army with an follower or you can ask the faction you joined anytime if you have the influence for it.
Get a cheap one for around 10 influence and work yourself in small battles and raids from there

And last which should be obvious but for those who dont know: You have to invest in that skill when you level up to get it to tick faster

This is how ive got the leadership perk up pretty fast
If you have more tips for the guys out there be please do share cause i might have missed out on something

Greetings from Shino

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips. I still think that Leadership Perks needs a rework. You should be able to gain Leadership without having to lead an army, and technically you are already leading a group of men to battle all the time.

Thanks for the tips. I still think that Leadership Perks needs a rework. You should be able to gain Leadership without having to lead an army, and technically you are already leading a group of men to battle all the time.

+1 Yeah, if tactics is related to giving troops commands, leadership should be linked to "leading your men in battle". Maybe engaging the enemy with your troops in the "follow me" command, or being within a certan close proximity to your men during battles to simulate 'leading from the front'

I didn't know this, thank you. I was wondering how I was gaining it.

Tbh it's officially:
"Learn by: Command simulated battles. Win battles at difficult odds. Escape from encounters by sacrificing troops if necessary."

Though I find my tactics randomly increasing when I'm leading troops in battle and commanding them around.

Tbh it's officially:
"Learn by: Command simulated battles. Win battles at difficult odds. Escape from encounters by sacrificing troops if necessary."

Though I find my tactics randomly increasing when I'm leading troops in battle and commanding them around.
Yeah, it seems pretty random. Sometimes I'll get a tactics point from fighting a couple looters with my full army. And I usually F6 it, so its not like I'm giving lots of orders so I have no idea what's triggering it. Unless delegating command counts as a simulated battle. Or maybe I'm getting credit for all the orders the AI is giving itself.

I don't quite understand why it works that way. Unless I am mistaken, tactics is only useful in autocalc battles right? So why is it increasing in actual battles? It would make more sense if it was increasing by doing a lot of autocalc. Unless I am missing something.

Also today I got a few increases in tactics right after headshotting one of my own troops with a bow :lol: although I can't tell for sure if that's what caused it, or if something else that was happening concurrently did it.

So a couple of things I have noticed while experimenting with the the army feature.
1. Army size has an effect on how much experience you gain per in game time unit. So the larger the army the faster it will level though the trade off is you have to reform it more often.
2. It doesn't matter if you are doing something or not. All that matters is the passage of time in game while you have an army formed. You can sit in place and still earn the same experience as if you were moving.

Leveling Leadership is easy, I have more issues with leveling Stewardship. Any tips for that?

Have a lot of different food types so that you would gain morale from the variety and pretty much just do what you would normally do. If you have a settlement of your own then you can also just sit and wait there. Steward is easy to level just requires in game time progression.

2. It doesn't matter if you are doing something or not. All that matters is the passage of time in game while you have an army formed. You can sit in place and still earn the same experience as if you were moving.
Yes. Thats why for leadership i join some kingdom as fast as possible. Then i am creating army with my companion and doing trading\traveling\farming or something else i want

Leveling Leadership is easy, I have more issues with leveling Stewardship. Any tips for that?

Set yourself in the clan options as "Quartermaster" for your party, and it will skyrocket. My stewardship is at 217 now, my leadership still at 65, slowly crawling up. (I just can't be bothered with the army forming nonsense.)

Agreed. You should also be able to create an army made up of your clan members without having to be a vassal or a king.
Yes please! I skip leadership because of this! I love the freedom of just being a Clan!
Also, I fell like I'm getting a little leadership skill each time I start a siege camp in 1.5.2? Not sure it could be a coincidence,and actually have been from moral or something

Leadership and Tactics are broken. I could be behind enemy line, capturing lord after winning battle 3 time outnumbered while commanding the battles myself and losing 10 men to 1000 combined kills and I would only have gained 5 points in each. They only give you xp if your not fighing yourself, and not fighting yourself means constantly be recruiting since auto battles just destroys you good troop and range troop as equally as they were plebs. When your still a clan level 2 and your not selling javelins worth 100k, you don't have the finance to do any of these let alone the influance to walk around with a slow constantly starving army because I don't know if they fixed lords not having enough food for their armies

Leadership and Tactics are broken. I could be behind enemy line, capturing lord after winning battle 3 time outnumbered while commanding the battles myself and losing 10 men to 1000 combined kills and I would only have gained 5 points in each. They only give you xp if your not fighing yourself

This is not true. Tactics goes up constantly while you lead your troops in a fight. You can check the xp after battles. I have not nailed down what is giving the xp but you will get it while commanding troops in a normal fight.

Leadership goes up for having troops with high moral (you need really really high moral, like 90+) and you get very little xp for this. It's possible to get the first perk this way though. For any real leaderships points you simply need to lead armies which means you need to be a vassal. It's very trivial to level up leadership by joining a kingdom and then summoning your own parties to your army for free and just marching around the map.

They changed stewardship recently. Previously you just had to lead parties. Now you have to be leading parties with a variety of food! It is by far the easiest skill to level up in the game and a great source of easy levels. You do not need to set yourself to quartermaster because any unassigned job defaults to the party leader. Only set the steward to another companion if you wish to train them up in order to become a party leader later down the road although AI party leaders will gain steward like before, they do not need all the fancy food so it is still trivial to train companions in stewardship.

it is extremely slow to reach 125, when you have your guys 400 of them, from 30 to 125 skill it can take some 4 years. Calling in lords to boost your numbers does help ofc, but having 5 focus with say 4-5x exp modifier ? Extra slow.

At the beginning, recruiting gives 1 exp times the modifier. So you recruit and throw them away until you can have your parties.Sieging seems to help, like when your trebuchets hit enemy or something. Maybe there is a trickle of exp. Leadership seems to go also from damage not from your party, but by your allies parties. Unneeded added complexity and gating behind entering a faction.

With 0/1 leadership skill, leveling it without army is near impossible, with recruits being the only feasible way. Still, very inefficient. Once BS gives you 105k gold per harpoon, this is a non-issue. Nothing is then too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom