Beta Patch Notes e1.5.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Got a Hang on the character creation screen. After picking culture, there is no player image and nothing responds. Had to kill in task manager. No mods, new game.

Lots of good stuff to try out in this!

1. Crossbow perks!
2. Skirmisher AI
3. Collision updates
4. Formation updates
5. Ranged AI updates
6. Combat timings
7. Various performance tweaks

Super happy about the patch, just hope the singleplayer and multiplayer don't grow too different from each other in terms of combat mechanics, I'd prefer it to still feel like you're playing the same game in both cases.

The faction re balancing looks like a very big gamble to me. Aserai completely lost the skirmisher and Empire lost half of their pila (the only reason they were not ****). Battania should be OP now since they got the only good cheap INF.

So regular spears are as useless as ever against charging cav... Bah.
Bro spear bracing is useless anyways. Who has time to set up the brace without shield...

Super happy about the patch, just hope the singleplayer and multiplayer don't grow too different from each other in terms of combat mechanics, I'd prefer it to still feel like you're playing the same game in both cases.
From my understanding many of the combat parameters also effected single player. Could a dev/manager confirm this? @Callum @marda

So regular spears are as useless as ever against charging cav... Bah.
ehh, angle to rear horse has been widened so not necessarily. I’d like to try it out before I judge that though :wink:

Thanks for the update :smile:

Had a very slow (4-5 minutes) initial loading screen, but it did load after a couple of minutes when I thought it had crashed (horse stopped running). Currently on an even longer loading screen (8-10 minutes and counting, horse still running) on attacking a deserters party (first 'extortion by deserters' event since upgrade to 1.5.0).

SSD on laptop, loading screens usually half the time of my desktop.

It loaded! Hopefully a first time thing only?

Back
Top Bottom