Aging, death, and children

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe some like the feature of death? Hell the expiration you talked about in previous post wont matter as you can complete the game well before your character "expires" all i see here is complaining for the sake of it. Sorry the game didnt meet EVERY expectation of yours.\
EDIT: Oh i forgot its still EA and they are still completing the features, Bud.
and in response to an earlier comment about advertising features like dynasties, in the blogs they even stated dynasties and all that, your fault for not looking at em.
Kangamungus, you've been arguing the same thing in just about every thread since the game was released. They're not going to remove a feature because of one vocal user on the forums, and making it optional is the least of their priorities when so much is missing from the game.

It would be nice if they let us adjust the length of a season, but I don't see that coming anytime soon if it's at all possible.

I made a mistake to enter a discussion with him. He is just here to do forum trolling aperantly not discuss.

I mean i don't think he is the only one that dislike this approach. I do not want to play as my son, sorry, and starting to level him up from scratch because he is so pathetically weak. But I dont think it should be switched off. there should be a slider that allows you to drag actual time progress to some extreme values which would make the game closer to Warband's approach.

I mean i don't think he is the only one that dislike this approach. I do not want to play as my son, sorry, and starting to level him up from scratch because he is so pathetically weak. But I dont think it should be switched off. there should be a slider that allows you to drag actual time progress to some extreme values which would make the game closer to Warband's approach.
I know some dont like the approach and thats fine, but bashing the game and the devs for a feature they have stated for a while that was gonna be in it because he didnt bother to read the blogs? Nah aint gonna slide.
I made a mistake to enter a discussion with him. He is just here to do forum trolling aperantly not discuss.
Appreciate the heads up, and i figured as much about him, but i wasnt gonna discuss it, just letting him know if he is disappointed in a feature( that we all knew was coming) then its on him to either play the game, wait for mods (or mod it himself) to slow or disable aging, or dont play.

Kangamungus, you've been arguing the same thing in just about every thread since the game was released. They're not going to remove a feature because of one vocal user on the forums, and making it optional is the least of their priorities when so much is missing from the game.

It would be nice if they let us adjust the length of a season, but I don't see that coming anytime soon if it's at all possible.
I never said to remove the feature. Is everyone who likes the aging feature illiterate?

Also, it's more than 'one vocal user' who doesn't like the new restrictions.:

You really think they can't let players disable this mechanic when it's already deactivated in this current release? Who are you trying to convince now, me or yourself?

Last edited:
I know some dont like the approach and thats fine, but bashing the game and the devs for a feature they have stated for a while that was gonna be in it because he didnt bother to read the blogs? Nah aint gonna slide.

Appreciate the heads up, and i figured as much about him, but i wasnt gonna discuss it, just letting him know if he is disappointed in a feature( that we all knew was coming) then its on him to either play the game, wait for mods (or mod it himself) to slow or disable aging, or dont play.
Funny they won't even list this feature (that isn't even implemented yet) on the sales pages. They've also released videos of obsolete and irrelevant builds showing game play that isn't in the final release. They've also talked about more in-depth town management that isn't in game, and might not make it in game. Just because it's in a blog doesn't mean it's concrete or gospel. Things are subject to change. The point of Early Access is to give feedback.

Regardless, accelerated aging and forced character expiration dates are objectively downgrades. It does nothing to help me, or make my experience better. It wastes player time that could be used actually playing and exploring the way they want instead of having to play The Sims.

...and how am I bashing the devs? Not liking a proposed feature doesn't mean I'm bashing the devs.

Seriously, all of you dynasty/CK fans lack basic comprehension skills.

lol

Says the guy who came in and tried to claim basic legacy gameplay elements are 'restrictions,' despite them being avoidable or being able to be overcome. You then proceeded to insult me, twist my words, and then say you wouldn't read anything that refuted your babble. You claim I don't like losing, or that being defeated in battle is somehow the same as having a mandatory expiration date on your character. Again, you've been mistaken this entire conversation.

Yet I'm the troll who won't discuss things. Doesn't matter if you don't read anything I say as you seem to be functionally illiterate.

Funny they won't even list this feature (that isn't even implemented yet) on the sales pages. They've also released videos of obsolete and irrelevant builds showing game play that isn't in the final release. They've also talked about more in-depth town management that isn't in game, and might not make it in game. Just because it's in a blog doesn't mean it's concrete or gospel. Things are subject to change. The point of Early Access is to give feedback.

Regardless, accelerated aging and forced character expiration dates are objectively downgrades. It does nothing to help me, or make my experience better. It wastes player time that could be used actually playing and exploring the way they want instead of having to play The Sims.

...and how am I bashing the devs? Not liking a proposed feature doesn't mean I'm bashing the devs.

Seriously, all of you dynasty/CK fans lack basic comprehension skills.

lol

Says the guy who came in and tried to claim basic legacy gameplay elements are 'restrictions,' despite them being avoidable or being able to be overcome. You then proceeded to insult me, twist my words, and then say you wouldn't read anything that refuted your babble. You claim I don't like losing, or that being defeated in battle is somehow the same as having a mandatory expiration date on your character. Again, you've been mistaken this entire conversation.

Yet I'm the troll who won't discuss things. Doesn't matter if you don't read anything I say as you seem to be functionally illiterate.
I'm sorry you cant be the Immortal Butterlord like you want (Praise Harlaus), but your just gonna have to accept aging (which may or may not get adjustment), or mod it out yourself (which I doubt you will do.) And town management? You say you know what early access is about then say that such features arent in the game yet, like THEY MAY BE STILL WORKING ON IT *Shocked face*.

I’d like to find the file responsible for old age death and edit it.

On the other hand I got a couple mods called “AI values life” and one about NPC hero’s executing each other more frequently that have slid nicely into the gaping absence of meaningful consequence of battles.
Still have centenarians running around by the dozen though. That’s gotta change.

I'm sorry you cant be the Immortal Butterlord like you want (Praise Harlaus), but your just gonna have to accept aging (which may or may not get adjustment), or mod it out yourself (which I doubt you will do.) And town management? You say you know what early access is about then say that such features arent in the game yet, like THEY MAY BE STILL WORKING ON IT *Shocked face*.
The claims were that these 'features' were promised and advertised. Not a single mention of dynasties, heirs, generational gameplay, or mandatory aging death on the Steam sales page. Either in TaleWorlds official features list, or the Steam Early Access details page.

Now, is the crowd saying 'you knew aging was going to be in the game!!!!' now suggesting that these features might not be in the final release, even after they tell me to not give them feedback during the Early Access phase? Because this is the time to let them know what you want.

They say players will be able to 'play the game the way you want.' Okay, I want to play this like the previous Mount & Blade games that didn't put an expiration date on characters or make me play The Sims to continue a playthrough.

'BUT MUH BLOG POSTS!!' Okay, so it's Early Access, and even right now some of the features discussed and builds shown in gameplay videos are no longer going to be part of the final build. Like the first Siege gameplay videos. Like the more advanced town management system that might be axed because the AI can't utilize it.

So which is it? I can't complain in Early Access because these features were advertised (even though they aren't listed on any sales page, and some features/builds have been cut), or I can't complain because we don't know what's going to be in the final version? Either way, Early Access is there for feedback. Which is exactly what this is! *Shocked face*

I get it. You want to play The Sims or Crusader Kings. You want to pretend you're a mighty, all powerful ruler that's actually had sex with a woman and spawn your little ****lings. You don't mind surviving being run through and impaled over and over, and healing from mortal wounds in a couple of days, but we have to accept an expiration date on our characters despite no other M&B making heroes self-destruct? I want to play Mount & Blade without wasting my time on mechanics that I don't care about, mechanics that ultimately waste my time.

The claims were that these 'features' were promised and advertised. Not a single mention of dynasties, heirs, generational gameplay, or mandatory aging death on the Steam sales page. Either in TaleWorlds official features list, or the Steam Early Access details page.

Now, is the crowd saying 'you knew aging was going to be in the game!!!!' now suggesting that these features might not be in the final release, even after they tell me to not give them feedback during the Early Access phase? Because this is the time to let them know what you want.

They say players will be able to 'play the game the way you want.' Okay, I want to play this like the previous Mount & Blade games that didn't put an expiration date on characters or make me play The Sims to continue a playthrough.

'BUT MUH BLOG POSTS!!' Okay, so it's Early Access, and even right now some of the features discussed and builds shown in gameplay videos are no longer going to be part of the final build. Like the first Siege gameplay videos. Like the more advanced town management system that might be axed because the AI can't utilize it.

So which is it? I can't complain in Early Access because these features were advertised (even though they aren't listed on any sales page, and some features/builds have been cut), or I can't complain because we don't know what's going to be in the final version? Either way, Early Access is there for feedback. Which is exactly what this is! *Shocked face*

I get it. You want to play The Sims or Crusader Kings. You want to pretend you're a mighty, all powerful ruler that's actually had sex with a woman and spawn your little ****lings. You don't mind surviving being run through and impaled over and over, and healing from mortal wounds in a couple of days, but we have to accept an expiration date on our characters despite no other M&B making heroes self-destruct? I want to play Mount & Blade without wasting my time on mechanics that I don't care about, mechanics that ultimately waste my time.
If I wanted to play CK or the sims I would play them, and as far as the steam sales feature list goes, you know damn well they cant include every feature as we are at THEIR best guess a year from completion so some new features may come up. We get it you wanted a upgraded warband with no death or family. But this is in the game, you have plenty of posts stating your reasoning and plenty of people agreeing with you. How you imply in your postings is you want it gotten rid of, that's how some including me see it, but I found I was wrong, it took digging because your profile is private (thanks google, oh and the link to the topic you made yourself polls included. ) but I now see you just want the option to disable it which is different than what some are "hearing" through the posts, but the devs may not publicly acknowledge for a while maybe not even until after full release. For my ignorance I apologize as I can be rash in assumptions. I hope you get the options you want for the game to experience the way you want to. And as far as the whole kids/woman sex thing goes: I could care less if heirs/marriage was in or not, i just thought it would create a good revenge story if one of my characters kids had to revenge dear old dad if he got executed (or kicked the bucket and kid has to carry on the war), not some sick power play you seem to think is the cause. And to imply that as the only reason you can come up with as to why some people like the mechanic? I hope that doesnt remain the case.

If I wanted to play CK or the sims I would play them, and as far as the steam sales feature list goes, you know damn well they cant include every feature as we are at THEIR best guess a year from completion so some new features may come up. We get it you wanted a upgraded warband with no death or family. But this is in the game, you have plenty of posts stating your reasoning and plenty of people agreeing with you. How you imply in your postings is you want it gotten rid of, that's how some including me see it, but I found I was wrong, it took digging because your profile is private (thanks google, oh and the link to the topic you made yourself polls included. ) but I now see you just want the option to disable it which is different than what some are "hearing" through the posts, but the devs may not publicly acknowledge for a while maybe not even until after full release. For my ignorance I apologize as I can be rash in assumptions. I hope you get the options you want for the game to experience the way you want to. And as far as the whole kids/woman sex thing goes: I could care less if heirs/marriage was in or not, i just thought it would create a good revenge story if one of my characters kids had to revenge dear old dad if he got executed (or kicked the bucket and kid has to carry on the war), not some sick power play you seem to think is the cause. And to imply that as the only reason you can come up with as to why some people like the mechanic? I hope that doesnt remain the case.
It was hyperbole on my part. Everyone else insisting I only wanted a feature because I 'don't like losing' or can't 'handle the stress' or want to play a 'fantasy game' missed the point that I happen to value the time and progress I put into a game. So I just figured I'd throw out the reasons they might want to have a dynasty or focus more on the grand strategy.

I'm glad that the people who like the mechanic are looking forward to it. I hope they enjoy it. I just don't have any interest in it, and don't appreciate the new mandatory expiration date characters will come with. Re-leveling an heir seems nothing more than a chore to me, and would really like to not have to bother with that.

I just want to add that I really like the idea about aging, death, etc. It is one of the best ideas Bannerlord will being to uso IMO. I just want to comment this because I hope TW will continue supporting this feature because It is great and It will make late game much more enjoyable.

May I know why do you act as if you have any say in what the game will become or has as features? Instead of complaining about something that's not finished or may be worked upon you might have just left your feedback and just go away from the **** post this has become. I give critical feedback and when another ass thinks he's gonna tell me BUT ITS EA I just don't respond I did my say leave it be man. Who cares that you don't like the aging system? There's probably gonna be 100 mods able to disable the said feature anyways.

May I know why do you act as if you have any say in what the game will become or has as features? Instead of complaining about something that's not finished or may be worked upon you might have just left your feedback and just go away from the **** post this has become. I give critical feedback and when another ass thinks he's gonna tell me BUT ITS EA I just don't respond I did my say leave it be man. Who cares that you don't like the aging system? There's probably gonna be 100 mods able to disable the said feature anyways.
Cool story. I liked the part when you complain about complaining.

You know, I bet TW has people reading through these threads. Some are eating popcorn and laughing uncontrollably from reading the name calling, and arguing the same point over and over and over. Others are holding their heads in their hands and shaking them thinking "What have we created?". I know I got a few laughs lol. From what I have read, the argument is over personal opinion and some possible (or maybe not) future features. Those from camp "**** aging, dynasties, and death", and those from "that's a cool feature", why don't you go on the suggested features thread and make your opinions known? I for one think that being able to have a son/daughter to take on the mantle after my main character is gone is a pretty cool idea. When was the last time you heard of a feature like that being implemented in a game like this? I'm not trying to start any **** with anybody, but seriously, if you don't like it maybe you should either quit complaining about it and (as I stated above) let someone who can actually do something about it know, hopefully respectfully, instead of being demeaning and insulting to other members. Or you could just quit playing. It's not really a difficult decision. On the opposite side of the argument, this could totally be (if is be included in v1.0) a **** feature that would hopefully have an on/off switch. It may not even pan out in the long run, so instead of getting your panties in a bunch over something that might/might not happen, maybe everybody should sit back and take a chill pill or something. I mean really, if you knew about an aging system before you bought the game and you hated it, why the **** did you waste your money on it? I hope everyone is safe and healthy, and wish you all a wonderful day. May all of your unicorns **** rainbows and shart butterflies. Lol.

You know, I bet TW has people reading through these threads. Some are eating popcorn and laughing uncontrollably from reading the name calling, and arguing the same point over and over and over. Others are holding their heads in their hands and shaking them thinking "What have we created?". I know I got a few laughs lol. From what I have read, the argument is over personal opinion and some possible (or maybe not) future features. Those from camp "**** aging, dynasties, and death", and those from "that's a cool feature", why don't you go on the suggested features thread and make your opinions known? I for one think that being able to have a son/daughter to take on the mantle after my main character is gone is a pretty cool idea. When was the last time you heard of a feature like that being implemented in a game like this? I'm not trying to start any **** with anybody, but seriously, if you don't like it maybe you should either quit complaining about it and (as I stated above) let someone who can actually do something about it know, hopefully respectfully, instead of being demeaning and insulting to other members. Or you could just quit playing. It's not really a difficult decision. On the opposite side of the argument, this could totally be (if is be included in v1.0) a **** feature that would hopefully have an on/off switch. It may not even pan out in the long run, so instead of getting your panties in a bunch over something that might/might not happen, maybe everybody should sit back and take a chill pill or something. I mean really, if you knew about an aging system before you bought the game and you hated it, why the **** did you waste your money on it? I hope everyone is safe and healthy, and wish you all a wonderful day. May all of your unicorns **** rainbows and shart butterflies. Lol.
Early Access is the time for feedback. 'Lol why you buy a game from the series you're a fan of with a proposed feature and then voice concern about it during Early Access?' Yeah, big brain argument there, chief.

There are posts in the feedback sections. Still no response from devs. There are Steam Discussion page topics about this as well. So why don't you get your panties out of a wad and let people give their feedback during Early Access? Lol.

You must have also missed where people started being disrespectul towards each other in this thread.:

...and for someone not wanting to be 'demeaning and insulting' to others and 'not trying to start any ****,' maybe you should think before you get your panties twisted and complain when people give feedback during Early Access?

Last edited:
Early Access is the time for feedback. 'Lol why you buy a game from the series you're a fan of with a proposed feature and then voice concern about it during Early Access?' Yeah, big brain argument there, chief.

There are posts in the feedback sections. Still no response from devs. There are Steam Discussion page topics about this as well. So why don't you get your panties out of a wad and let people give their feedback during Early Access? Lol.

Because devs have far more important things to worry about right now than appeasing you.

I'm sure your feedback has been well and truly noted by this point.

Lol, I'm not complaining about your complaining, I thought the whole back and forth was kind of entertaining. I enjoy the game, even in the current state its in. I don't see how I came off upset, and don't think you really read my post. I mentioned both points and said both sides could go post on the feedback section. Did you post in the aforementioned section? I couldn't really care less, but the question still stands for arguments sake. Not that anyone would know since you have your entire profile blocked without scrolling through the entire feedback forum. Which I wouldn't bother bothering. So now instead of just complaining about complaining, you're complaining about my comment? And being insulting. So maybe you should think before you choose to get those panties of yours twisted. I mean pretty much all of what I've read that has come from you has been nothing but non-stop bashing on others opinions. Apparently EA is time for feedback, just so long as yours is the only opinion that's heard. Well stated spartanlemur:

spartanlemur said:

Kangamangus said:

Because devs have far more important things to worry about right now than appeasing you.

I'm sure your feedback has been well and truly noted by this point.

And maybe they will respond to the posts, but maybe they won't. Who gives a ****? They're the ones developing the game, not you. If you're really so worried about it, maybe you should apply to TW. Or better yet, become a modder. Or best, you could quit telling everyone their idiots for enjoying something you don't. You're the only one who is looking stupid right about now. Either try to enjoy what you paid for, or just quit playing and chalk it up to a poor choice of purchase.

Most people? Talk for yourself, I love the new aging/death mechanic and I hope It is finished soon. This is one of the things which will make me enjoy late game.
Last I checked, 444 out of 686 want option as age off in poll somewhere so it's mostly, I didn't said all, but before that, I knew lot of people wasn't happy due older game do not had this yet it's was popular on based forum and comment I read here and there, but changed and people discover and not happy about it. Most people don't read blog from game developer, most would buy and only find out while playing game.

It's not minority but both side is not minority, but there is more people want it's off, at least in option, even Sims 4 do offer this option, and normal it's was on, but most would like it off, only action family is on, but some want off (there is way to be immortal so I guess most would left on, but can get immortal as vampire, spellcaster ect, so it's legal, and there is choice for that as well, no one forced to die or forced to immortal, there is choice for that)

Player want freedom, not forced to do this like forced to age and die, some player don't want and it's ruin gameplay, and their hard worked create and leveling their character is lost, what is point of create character and level up only to be throw out of game once they die by age or something ect, not even had a option to save character from create character, you start over again, no option export and import.

Create character might throw out if we don't had a option and control over our character, what even point of create character once game get rid of your character?
(big number) Majority want a option, while little majority but it's not minority yet not majority don't want this. Almost balance, but more want option to turn age off and death off more than one want on.

Back
Top Bottom