Aging, death, and children

Users who are viewing this thread

More people said they didn't like it than said that they like it.

Only option so far is battle death turn off. Aging isn't even a large part of the game right now. The game is playable without it.

No, that isn't what the poll says. Saying you want the option doesn't mean you don't like it. Plenty of people like for there to be options available regardless of whether they use the options or not. It is a loaded poll.

No, that isn't what the poll says. Saying you want the option doesn't mean you don't like it. Plenty of people like for there to be options available regardless of whether they use the options or not. It is a loaded poll.
More people chose the top option vs the bottom option. More people chose they did not like it compared to the I like it choice.

More people chose the top option vs the bottom option. More people chose they did not like it compared to the I like it choice.

Choosing that they want the option isn't the same as saying they don't like it. A lot of people who like it would choose that option, like me for example. I would choose the option if possible even though I love the feature. Once again, it is a loaded poll and doesn't prove anything. The sample size is way too small anyway. Most people probably just don't care to even vote or respond.

EvUiV7E.png

Those two options said exactly either like or don't like. There are plenty of ppl here who indicate they dont like it not only on that poll. There are plenty of topics about it here and on Steam discussions. Go do a search on aging and permadeath on steam and you'll see that there are plenty of people that don't like the new rule. Most ppl who bought the game and post in forums are the tinyest minority of the millions that bought the game already. You can't say a majority of players like the aging then ignore and argue against the poll and many topics about wanting to turn off fast aging and aging death lol. If we want to say there isn't enough data or that this evidence is too small, then you cant say a vast majority of players like the aging.

So many discussions about a feature that's not even implemented and nobody knows how exactly it will work.
Let's say it's implemented in basic possible way. You start at 30 and die at 60. You have 2,5k days campaign. That's quite long I think and many people will abandon it (conquered the map etc).
They introduce something new that wasn't previously in the series (I really like this idea) and even if some people won't like it there will be tons of mods changing it.
What's the point of discussing it further?
They will or will not add option to turn it off depending on whatever vision they have for the game. Even if they don't the game is open for modding so again modders that don't like it will turn it off. I can't see any problem here.

Even going by the quote from the description that showed up in some posts here "play the game the way You want" there's no word saying that it's not referring to mods. If I want to shoot medieval knights from laser blaster but there's no such option in Native should I say I'm disappointed and cheated cause they say I can play like I want but in truth I cannot?

I would understand such threads if the feature is already there with no option to turn it off and not possible to mod but You're talking about something You didn't even try.

Native game is developers vision and people should get over with it. Some will like it and some won't but that's probably why they putted so much attention to keep the game modable as much as possible and they claim it in blogs. Want to propose something for native make a thread in suggestions forum. Until we have a real thing to test and use discussions like this are pointless.

EvUiV7E.png

Those two options said exactly either like or don't like. There are plenty of ppl here who indicate they dont like it not only on that poll. There are plenty of topics about it here and on Steam discussions. Go do a search on aging and permadeath on steam and you'll see that there are plenty of people that don't like the new rule. Most ppl who bought the game and post in forums are the tinyest minority of the millions that bought the game already. You can't say a majority of players like the aging then ignore and argue against the poll and many topics about wanting to turn off fast aging and aging death lol. If we want to say there isn't enough data or that this evidence is too small, then you cant say a vast majority of players like the aging.
good gawd. Stop it plox. The aging is a mechanic that was announced like 8 years ago, you don't like it? Refund the game

I understand that many people love to play immortal. but the game should develop, and not stand still. aging and death bring the game closer to reality. make her more intriguing. Is it possible to give up so easily new opportunities. the more innovations there are, the better. why roll back the game 10 years ago. only forward!

I do not think it is something that is open to choose. TW announcement permanent aging and death system. It will not remove it.
No one is asking to have it removed, just be able to be disabled.

So many discussions about a feature that's not even implemented and nobody knows how exactly it will work.
Let's say it's implemented in basic possible way. You start at 30 and die at 60. You have 2,5k days campaign. That's quite long I think and many people will abandon it (conquered the map etc).
They introduce something new that wasn't previously in the series (I really like this idea) and even if some people won't like it there will be tons of mods changing it.
What's the point of discussing it further?
They will or will not add option to turn it off depending on whatever vision they have for the game. Even if they don't the game is open for modding so again modders that don't like it will turn it off. I can't see any problem here.

Even going by the quote from the description that showed up in some posts here "play the game the way You want" there's no word saying that it's not referring to mods. If I want to shoot medieval knights from laser blaster but there's no such option in Native should I say I'm disappointed and cheated cause they say I can play like I want but in truth I cannot?

I would understand such threads if the feature is already there with no option to turn it off and not possible to mod but You're talking about something You didn't even try.

Native game is developers vision and people should get over with it. Some will like it and some won't but that's probably why they putted so much attention to keep the game modable as much as possible and they claim it in blogs. Want to propose something for native make a thread in suggestions forum. Until we have a real thing to test and use discussions like this are pointless.
They talk about modding farther down the list. The game already has plenty of options. Playing this Mount & Blade game like other M&B games should be an option out of the box.
AoVQfZb.png

I understand that many people love to play immortal. but the game should develop, and not stand still. aging and death bring the game closer to reality. make her more intriguing. Is it possible to give up so easily new opportunities. the more innovations there are, the better. why roll back the game 10 years ago. only forward!
Because to some the new mechanic is a step backwards. Objectively, it doesn't do the player any favors when it creates characters with expiration dates and makes them re-level an heir to continue playing.
good gawd. Stop it plox. The aging is a mechanic that was announced like 8 years ago, you don't like it? Refund the game
...and there were people not pleased with that then. You can find discussions about it on Steam dating back to the announcement. There are people not a fan of the idea now. This is Early Access. This is feedback. We shouldn't have to shut up when one new feature seriously fouls up a great experience. Again, big brains here telling people to not give feedback during the appropriate time to do so.
'HOW ARE YOU PLANNING ON INVOLVING THE COMMUNITY IN YOUR DEVELOPMENT PROCESS?
“We intend to use a range of different methods to gather player feedback and data throughout the early access period. These include engaging with users directly on our official forum and our Steam forum, requesting specific feedback through questionnaires, hosting and participating in multiplayer events alongside our community, and using analytics tools to gather data.”'

No one is asking to have it removed, just be able to be disabled.

They talk about modding farther down the list. The game already has plenty of options. Playing this Mount & Blade game like other M&B games should be an option out of the box.
AoVQfZb.png

Because to some the new mechanic is a step backwards. Objectively, it doesn't do the player any favors when it creates characters with expiration dates and makes them re-level an heir to continue playing.

...and there were people not pleased with that then. You can find discussions about it on Steam dating back to the announcement. There are people not a fan of the idea now. This is Early Access. This is feedback. We shouldn't have to shut up when one new feature seriously fouls up a great experience. Again, big brains here telling people to not give feedback during the appropriate time to do so.
This is not actual feedback, it's like snapping over a feature that may prove itself to be quite pleasing once you've played with it on the full game experience. If you keep on this tantrum you'll just exert yourself, may they make it an option or not, it doesn't matter to me, it's not like I'll play the same campaign for more than 20 in-game years, which makes a 26yo character impossible to die if I disable death, and 46 years old doesn't really look old in-game, I can't understand what the fuss is about really... In fact, it's rare to take too long to conquer the map if you are not RPing, and if you are RPing aging is just part of the process, without it it's just weird.

This is not actual feedback, it's like snapping over a feature that may prove itself to be quite pleasing once you've played with it on the full game experience. If you keep on this tantrum you'll just exert yourself, may they make it an option or not, it doesn't matter to me, it's not like I'll play the same campaign for more than 20 in-game years, which makes a 26yo character impossible to die if I disable death, and 46 years old doesn't really look old in-game, I can't understand what the fuss is about really...
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not feedback. There are plenty of valid reasons for not liking a new mechanic that might not be avoidable. I value my gaming time. Creating expiration dates on characters, time limits, and forcing players to play The Sims to continue a playthrough for the opportunity to re-level an heir is not anything I want to waste my time on.

'I can't understand what the fuss is about really...'

You and plenty of other illiterates here have been demonstrating that over and over again.

...or is this now the 'lol this key feature you won't even notice lol' argument?

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not feedback. There are plenty of valid reasons for not liking a new mechanic that might not be avoidable. I value my gaming time. Creating expiration dates on characters, time limits, and forcing players to play The Sims to continue a playthrough for the opportunity to re-level an heir is not anything I want to waste my time on.

'I can't understand what the fuss is about really...'

You and plenty of other illiterates here have been demonstrating that over and over again.

...or is this now the 'lol this key feature you won't even notice lol' argument?
No man, you're not experimenting with the thing and arguing with level grounds towards why this should or should not be in the game, you are simply nagging it because you are emotionally affected by it for some unknown reason. 10 years on a campaign is already too much time, 15 is like an eternity, 20 is more than enough to just start another. So, if you character has a preset age of 20 something, 20 in-game years he'll be 40 something, in the sliders count, that doesn't even add white hair, only a few almost imperceptible wrinkles, again, what the fuss is about I can't understand. If you fail to paint the whole map in 20-25 in-game years, you are either doing something wrong or taking you sweet time RPing, again, RPing while everybody ages except for your character isn't much of RPing to me.

It still doesn't make sense. Back when there was minor uprising about aging that was virtually a consensus, to have your character die of old age just takes so much time that most people would be already in a fourth play-through by the time needed for that to happen. If they slow down time-passing to more of what Warband was like, you won't be able to age even 10 years, again it's kind of a pointless complaint.

PS: Just read what you are posting, you are snapping at us, being extremely disrespectful, trying to offend down and right, yet you wanna tell me I'm "illiterate" and imply that I'm "ignorant" when the one behaving like a neanderthal is actually you. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

That's actually Your opinion. You're forgetting that developers have their right to create a game according to their own vision and You can either like it or not. You have a choice. There's not even a word telling You can play it like any other M&B title.
If You for example look at series like Dragon Age. At least for me first was brilliant. In second they totally changed the approach. So many mechanics changed, added timeline to the story etc. Playstyle changed and You either had to adjust to it or don't bother buying. It wasn't best of the series but it was still DA title. Many people liked this approach while others didn't. But it was developers vision and they made it like that.
The thing that game is one of the series doesn't mean that it has to be a copy with new graphics (yes Ubisoft i'm looking at your titles).

No man, you're not experimenting with the thing and arguing with level grounds towards why this should or should not be in the game, you are simply nagging it because you are emotionally affected by it for some unknown reason. 10 years on a campaign is already too much time, 15 is like an eternity, 20 is more than enough to just start another. So, if you character has a preset age of 20 something, 20 in-game years he'll be 40 something, in the sliders count, that doesn't even add white hair, only a few almost imperceptible wrinkles, again, what the fuss is about I can't understand. If you fail to paint the whole map in 20-25 in-game years, you are either doing something wrong or taking you sweet time RPing, again, RPing while everybody ages except for your character isn't much of RPing to me.

It still doesn't make sense. Back when there was minor uprising about aging that was virtually a consensus, to have your character die of old age just takes so much time that most people would be already in a fourth play-through by the time needed for that to happen. If they slow down time-passing to more of what Warband was like, you won't be able to age even 10 years, again it's kind of a pointless complaint.

PS: Just read what you are posting, you are snapping at us, being extremely disrespectful, trying to offend down and right, yet you wanna tell me I'm "illiterate" and imply that I'm "ignorant" when the one behaving like a neanderthal is actually you. :ROFLMAO:
Huh, funny you were crying at Bob earlier. Then you still can't handle feedback delivered during Early Access. You either can't understand or didn't read what TW said in the Early Access description. You failed to see how many people here think we're asking to have a feature removed. But here, be emotional like you were about Stuntman Bob's post.:
tWWm5dU.png

You still can't comprehend that players are giving feedback during Early Access. That's literally the entire point of Early Access. Just because it was announced doesn't mean it's desired or even guaranteed.

But here, here's just a few threads that go against your claims.:

Plenty of threads expressing displeasure about the forced aging death and accelerated aging mechanic. Some of those posts date back to when the announcement was made. Now you cry when other people say they want an option to play this like other Mount & Blade games. Maybe don't tell people to not play a game or give feedback during Early Access if you don't want to be a disrespectful Neanderthal? But you clearly don't understand the point of Early Access.

...and now you're arguing against this aging feature. If it's so unimportant and won't even affect our playthrough, why do you defend it so much? They should just get rid of it if what you are saying is true.

So you did make the 'lol this key feature I'm demanding for everyone isn't even gonna affect the game lol.' :ROFLMAO:

Players will continue to give feedback. You can cry some more about it, or deal with it. :smile:

That's actually Your opinion. You're forgetting that developers have their right to create a game according to their own vision and You can either like it or not. You have a choice. There's not even a word telling You can play it like any other M&B title.
If You for example look at series like Dragon Age. At least for me first was brilliant. In second they totally changed the approach. So many mechanics changed, added timeline to the story etc. Playstyle changed and You either had to adjust to it or don't bother buying. It wasn't best of the series but it was still DA title. Many people liked this approach while others didn't. But it was developers vision and they made it like that.
The thing that game is one of the series doesn't mean that it has to be a copy with new graphics (yes Ubisoft i'm looking at your titles).
Now you're implying, based only on your opinion, that a Mount & Blade isn't intended to play like a Mount & Blade game. 'Play the way you want' was mentioned in a different key feature category than the mod support aspect of the title. I guess you're going to decide what TW means by that for the rest of us, huh?

But please, tell me that this game isn't supposed to be a Mount & Blade game, and that they didn't say 'play the way you want.' Because so far they are giving players plenty of options. Including the ability to turn off battle death.

Now you're implying, based only on your opinion, that a Mount & Blade isn't intended to play like a Mount & Blade game.

That's something You totally making up. I never said something like this. I said that titles from the same series doesn't have to be exactly the same.

I guess you're going to decide what TW means by that for the rest of us, huh?

I'm not going to decide for anyone but apparently You've decided what it means for everyone long ago.

Since You're so smart and know everything about what makes the game an M&B game then please enlighten me.

I'm 99% sure it will be moddable, in fact you can already wind your age down every now and again with the detailed character creation mod.

I like the feature, it's potentially one of the main improvements if they get the family and marriage stuff right. I just think you should start a bit younger, early 20s maybe...you're on a tight schedule to get married, especially playing as a woman.

That's something You totally making up. I never said something like this. I said that titles from the same series doesn't have to be exactly the same.

I'm not going to decide for anyone but apparently You've decided what it means for everyone long ago.

Since You're so smart and know everything about what makes the game an M&B game then please enlighten me.
I'm reading what TW has said. 'Play the game the way you want.' You and Momoefe are the ones trying to put limits on that. He even tried to claim that they meant that as it being a 'sandbox, non linear game.' Which still implies freedom of choice and control.

M&B has always offered the player plenty of controls. You could change battle sizes, difficulty, your character's looks, stats, and even starting origins. NO OTHER M&B GAME has made characters come with a mandatory expiration date. M&B, Warband, Fire & Sword, Viking Conquest. All have the features of M&B games that let the player 'play the game the way they want.' Now you and some select others are trying to say that it somehow doesn't mean that. Forcing characters to be destroyed has never been a part of the M&B formula. It goes against the base of 'play the way you want' and sandbox title freedom. Sandbox games implies options and controls for the user.

'Even going by the quote from the description that showed up in some posts here "play the game the way You want" there's no word saying that it's not referring to mods.'

Okay, here is where you are trying to limit the definition, despite the fact they mention modding in a completely different section of the feature list. You're the one trying to say 'play the way you want' doesn't mean what they say.

Huh, funny you were crying at Bob earlier. Then you still can't handle feedback delivered during Early Access. You either can't understand or didn't read what TW said in the Early Access description. You failed to see how many people here think we're asking to have a feature removed. But here, be emotional like you were about Stuntman Bob's post.:
tWWm5dU.png

You still can't comprehend that players are giving feedback during Early Access. That's literally the entire point of Early Access. Just because it was announced doesn't mean it's desired or even guaranteed.

But here, here's just a few threads that go against your claims.:

Plenty of threads expressing displeasure about the forced aging death and accelerated aging mechanic. Some of those posts date back to when the announcement was made. Now you cry when other people say they want an option to play this like other Mount & Blade games. Maybe don't tell people to not play a game or give feedback during Early Access if you don't want to be a disrespectful Neanderthal? But you clearly don't understand the point of Early Access.

...and now you're arguing against this aging feature. If it's so unimportant and won't even affect our playthrough, why do you defend it so much? They should just get rid of it if what you are saying is true.

So you did make the 'lol this key feature I'm demanding for everyone isn't even gonna affect the game lol.' :ROFLMAO:

Players will continue to give feedback. You can cry some more about it, or deal with it. :smile:
I'm not the one crying about my virtual toon aging, am I?
b39ac6575e8d988eaab7cedfaff6853c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom