Recent content by Zilberfrid

1. Zilberfrid

Thankyou

Thanks from me as well. It does siphon a lot of time that I could have spent cleaning my house however.

(oh, and 300 pounds of graphics card is more than my whole computer, including monitor, is worth at the time)
  2. Zilberfrid

Exercise regimes.

I started pelling this year again, and running. I also keep a small dumbbell in my car, 3kg, to use when I get bored driving. I drive for about two hours every day, it made the sleeves of some shirts too narrow already.
  3. Zilberfrid

BRYTENWALDA 1.396: RELEASE 27/07/2012

This is awesome, I actually lowered my difficulty a bit for my first character!

I do however think that the melee stats for the tournament javelins are a bit high, it's easiest to just dodge the first spear thrust and jab an eye out from point blank with a javelin. While this is a valid tactic, it works a bit too well in my opinion.

I think I rekindled my love for this game with this expansion, and would think it a more worthy standalone mod then WFAS is.
  4. Zilberfrid

What did you get in the mail today?

Epoxy and white paint
  5. Zilberfrid

serial key wont work

I have the same issue, I tried starting regular plain old M&B, and found it no longer accessible, my key is a 5x5 key bought in 2008 I think, it now wants 4x4, but I can't convert it in the warband key converter thingamabob.

EDIT, I figured that buying it through steam was warranted, it still is only about 20 euro's for a game I spent so long playing
  6. Zilberfrid

Post *Your* Dream Women

Bulle said:
    Tralfaz said:
    /throws glitter on Bulle  :lol:
    Oh, crap. Not again.

Rachelle_Lefevre%282%29.jpg

Rachelle-Lefevre.jpg

600full-rachelle-lefevre.jpg

rachelle-lefevre-20090730-526331.jpg

pic-of-rachelle-lefevre.jpg

Ashley-Greene-Kellan-Lutz-and-Rachelle-Lefevre-in-November-Self-Magazine-Issue-twilight-series-8903105-427-640.jpg
    I remember that woman, about the only good thing that happened in Twilight. If you want to satisfy your curiosity and see that thing, cull it or view at 8x speed. Which will still take 15 minutes.
  7. Zilberfrid

Post your Dream Women Mk.2

I think she is a girl.
  8. Zilberfrid

Sandboxing equipment (customizable weapons, armour, and horses) (Upd09-02)

I am sorry, the code is not as yet implementable into the game (and the project is at a standstill with me), it is not possible to generate them, I would have to make all of them, but am at a loss how to do it within one lifetime.
  9. Zilberfrid

Hiding Behind a Pavise Shield.

About necro-ing, how should you give support to something discussed in the past, a new thread is not good, but commenting in an old one is bad as well. That leaves only time travel, which seems too much of a hassle to me.
  10. Zilberfrid

Beyonce is not my style as well.
  11. Zilberfrid

New weapons that you would like

ShootFirstThinkLater said:
    I think the war hammer is right out of a fictional book. I have studying history and the only hammer ever used in war was the stone hammer. It wayed about 25 kgs and was used to smash heads  :lol:

I think you should study from a different source. Warhammers were used, but were rather light, ot heavier then an axe. The mallets used by the english in the 100 year war were used mainly to make makeshift defenses, if I recall correctly.

Stone hammers weighing 25 kgs were not used, ever, by anyone.
  12. Zilberfrid

Husaria - Polish Winged Hussars

That is what using cavalry with hooves against cavalry with tracks does to a country (WWII)
  13. Zilberfrid

Calodine said:
    Moving swiftly on from dodgy cig lass and Seff's ****...

jewel-staite.jpg

428729-jewel-staite.jpg

250px-Ff_kaylee.jpg

jewelstaite01gi82.jpg

jewel_a.jpg

Yay!
  14. Zilberfrid

I approve of this page so far.
  15. Zilberfrid

The Ancient Debate: Flat Versus Edge

Blackthorn said:
    Zilberfrid said:
    I have not handled real katana's, they are rare, but have handled a good replica, it was not as flexible as medieval replica's I handled, it does cut a fair bit better, and vs fabric it stabs better as well, I have not handled messer though, these should mimic that feature.

To be fair- comparing two reconstructions can be very much a question of the relative craftsmanship. I'm yet to see any established reason why a katana cuts any better than any other sword- and as for the concept of it stabbing better, well, basic physics voids that argument a bit when comparing the sharply tapered triangular pointed swords of the mid-13th century onwards with the average katana profile. They are not a stabbing tool by design, whilst nearly every sword designed for use on foot in Europe generally was.
    Interestingly there was a series of comparative tests done a while ago on a tv programme (I'll try and find it, can't remember now the exact title) testing the cut, thrust and behavioural characteristics of a katana and a pattern-weld Viking-style sword. The only real difference was that whilst the katana delivered a slightly cleaner cut, the viking sword delivered more trauma damage with a lesser cut (wider cut due to blade profile), and a deeper thrust when tested against clay. In reality, despite each culture's claim to superiority, there is very little difference, practically speaking, bar designed preferences.

I tested it in cut and thrust against a XVIIIb, that is another beast altogether. I do know that the XVIII is a lot better versus harder targets, and that lenticular blades (even with a fuller, that matters little in cutting) cut a lot better versus soft targets (fabric). I just did not test that side by side so cannot really compare.
Back
Top Bottom