Recent content by Yemeth

1. Dev Blog 23/08/18

LeChat said:
    I prefer "facts" as "believings"  :grin:

For those interested in the perks and other datas available in the demo, a player at Gamescon has recorded a test where he shows all the informations you can get :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98gxehJeYAI

Thank you, LeChat, for this video. Gave up searching for something by myself, great that you posted it.

Now, it will be even harder to wait for the release. :smile:

Have a nice day...
  2. Dev Blog 08/03/18

Anubi said:
    aeadsevn said:
    Is it possible to know when the game will be released to the public????

For only 9.99€ i can tell you when it will be, plus, just 'cause you seem a smart guy, i can teach you how to avoid scams on the internet

Thank you very much for the laugh! :grin:

@aeadsevn

You can only follow them blogs of Taleworlds, not much else you can do for getting new information about the release date.
  3. Dev Blog 25/01/18

To the moderators, how about on every new dev blog thread you include a poll? For example:

Did you like the poll (1 = no 5 = it was fantastic) and then we can choose from 1 to 5. Many discussions would then be not needed and the thread could be more about the ideas of the posters than their "mindset" ("Oh, you like it too much!" "Oh, you are too negative!").

I feel that in every thread there are many posters who like everything that is posted and also there are some posters that would dislike everything, maybe this way you could get some data from the fans with an forum account (a minority, but still).

About this dev blog, for me this was one of the most uninteresting and gamey things I have read in a very long time. If you continue to go this way, I would add the obligatory NPC mind reading "Ooh, you seem to have some two hand skills" a la Oblivion. I do not except that they go overboard in the FACS way, but I do not think that you need to hit the gamer with a sledge hammer so that he understands an NPC reaction. Animations are great, but it would be nice to be more subtle. Of course the whole "be 100% realistic" is not feasible nor realistic for a game (even games in the Souls series have many gamey animation added so that you can easier counter hits, see the encumbrance level etc.).

For me the mod dev blog is still, by far, the most interesting but that is probably because mods like Gekokujo feel almost like a new game to me when playing Warband. Cannot wait to play the game but on the same level I cannot wait to play mods for it...

Anyway, good luck to the devs and I hope they have fun while finishing up the game.
  4. Dev Blog 17/08/17

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
    Yemeth said:
    Stifling discussions and encouraging only "positive" postings is boring and brings nothing.

I'm not just a moderator; I'm also a human being and a gamer. And I, as the human being and gamer, am going to do everything I can to encourage fellow human beings and gamers to try tempering their criticism with a little support.

And you do a very good job at it, I just disagreed with the way the discussion/comparison of 3D Realms was handled, the rest I agreed with. I hope that my posting came across like that.

Especially your entitled comments I agree with. When I, for example, read that people wish bad things on George R.R. Martin because he is not releasing the new book fast enough I would like to beam into their rooms (or mothers basements :grin: ) and smack them around or make them watch fluffy pony videos until they behave.

As someone who was a moderator (e.g. Doom9 forum a long time ago) I do not envy you in your job. You love their games and pay them back, not only with your money, but with your time and energy, so if you are also waiting for "meatier" informations I really hope they see and respect that!

Take care...
  5. Dev Blog 17/08/17

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
    Salmonsy said:
    But let's break this down, shall we?

*puts on mod-hat*

No, let's not.

*takes off mod-hat*

Then act like it. Be supportive. "Hey, kinda disappointed about the content of the last two blogs, but super looking forward to seeing Armagan's interview and what you have planned for Gamescon." Instead of just ****ting all over everything with negativity. It's soul-destroying, and I don't even work for TW. I can only imagine how great it is for paid devs to come here and listen how much people don't care about the team making the game, or how this situation is exactly like some other company's situation.

Please do not confuse criticism with negativity.

I did not see anything in the few Salmonsy postings that seems like he is disrespecting someone passion or investment in the game. What he is (and I agree 100% with him there) doubting is that the game is going forward like it was planned (if he was really negative he would act like they have no plan, but doubt that any of use would go there). 3D Realms is a end spectrum example, we could compare it to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. where the publisher had to fly in some external producers to cut features etc. and finally finish the game. We could also ask why Taleworlds stopped working with Paradox, was Paradox saying "Ok, enough is enough, we need to get to the beta and be feature complete, stop adding new things"? Why am I even able to guess? If they would come out and say, the game will NOT be released before 2018 (e.g.) and we are currently in alpha, beta whatever then all our guesswork would not be needed nor be possible. Let alone if the would come out with a end customer roadmap (not the internal roadmap, of course it is not our business, how you run your business, you are carrying the burden and the risk we are your customers who carry the risk spending our money on a product that is not what we hoped for).

When the game is released, we can analyse the release date/length of production, the state it was released in and what features were dropped or even added that were previously not hyped. I seriously hope the do not go the Fallout/TES route with adding dozens of new features without keeping the core as the most important thing. IMO, the Warband mod Gekokujo (even though unfinished it is still my favourite Warband mod by far) shows how you can concentrate on several important features and that the sum of the parts are better than each of it alone.

Stifling discussions and encouraging only "positive" postings is boring and brings nothing. If a developer works for a company with below average PR, he/she should not expect anything else that he sees in this thread.

A very positive from this blog-post is that they admitted they have no release date so people like me can stop continuously checking the blogs, Steam page etc. and wait for the release and buy it if the game is not too bad and/or buggy.

I for one respect everyone in this thread, be it on the "positive" or "negative" side, because he/she is a brother/sister in the Mount and Blade universe, so I will end this posting with a:

All the best...
  6. Are you a fan of Akira Kurosawa films? / Recommended films for the Era?

Seven Samurai is my favourite movie of all time, you cannot go wrong with any Kurosawa movie, IMO.

The Hidden Blade is a fantastic new gem http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0442286/?ref_=fn_al_tt_9 .

One series I have not seen mentioned are the old Lone Wolf and cub movies, do not expect Kurosawa like story telling, but behind all the violence and harshness lies something poetic:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068815/?ref_=tt_rec_tt

If you can, please avoid all dubs (watch in Japanese with subtitles), they are mostly just silly.
  7. Gekokujo: Submods (Announce, Release, Comment, and Suggest)

Ichimonji Hidetora said:
    At some point Hatsumi says something rather silly in the provided link, he says:

>  Why chinese have straight blades? Are their techniques less efficient?

I've obviously only scratched the surface about this topic, I just can't be bothered with more, it's just a waste of my time, and I don't have that much time lately, besides, that Carl Friday link explains everything about how I feel about the subject, I enjoyed reading it, so thanks for posting that.

Hello, thanks a lot for your nice and long reply. Nice read! :smile:

Only a small correction, it was not Hatsumi sensei on the message board with Dr. Karl Friday, but a internet poster "Vlad Zotta". I think he trained in the Bujinkan, if I recall correctly.
  8. Gekokujo: Submods (Announce, Release, Comment, and Suggest)

PPQ_Purple said:
    Ichimonji Hidetora said:
    Personally I would prefer there to be no ninja at all, but I think a lot of people would be upset about that, so I'm fine with them being in the game.
    Mind elaborating more on this? As you are our local history expert I would quite enjoy hearing your angle on the whole ninja thing.

I am not Ichimonji Hidetora, but in the years I am interested in the topic I have found a few good articles. IMO, there are two main problems, the opinion of the public is mostly formed on idiotic and fantasy depictions and to add the whole ninja craze of the 80s + people/frauds who make big money of the name "ninjutsu" (now we are in the MMA/BJJ age, where everyone and their dog is offering training in that). Other than that, the history of something that should've been mostly secret is a problem in any case.

http://www.ninpo.org/ninpohistory/ninpohistory.html

http://jigokudojo.org/koga.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlrPjUsKsa0
    (Dr. Kacem Zoughari -- Kako, Genzai, Mirai (Documentary on The transmission of ninjutsu and bujutsu) 

http://www.mardb.com/ninjutsu-and-koryu-bujutsu/
    (thought there were some other articles by Meik and/or Dianne Skoss/Dr. Karl Friday but cannot find them)

https://listserv.uoguelph.ca/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind9905&L=iaido-l&P=R6422&I=-3
    (found some posting of Dr. Karl Friday)

I am also very interested in the answer of Ichimonji Hidetora, so looking forward to it! :smile:

Cheers...
  9. Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

phlpp said:
    My gaming and development computer broke last week, so that delays us a little. It wouldn't normally be a big deal, I could actually probably fix it right now at this moment if I felt like it, but I am still a little emotionally exhausted. The spare parts I have on hand were my father's -- he bought them a week before he died because I gifted him one of my spare high-end CPUs and he wanted to build a computer out of it. Building computers was one of the things we did together when I was a child

Hello, my condolences about the death of your father.

Do what makes you feel better, we will enjoy your work whenever it is done.

All the best...
  10. Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

Thanks for the preview, in a very quick test yesterday I have found out that the bandits troops (rebels etc.) attacking you, even though hopelessly outnumbered, is still there (we had probably a thousand troops (as I was following the Marshall) and they went straight for me).

Did not have time to do any extensive testing.
  11. Congrats to you being on PCGamer :D

haitch40 said:
    phlpp said:
    Thanks, everyone. I was really excited and energized when I saw that. I feel like I have to work even harder and faster than before in order to improve the mod. I never imagined that Gekokujo would ever be put on a list that also mentions the original DOTA, quake fortress, and many of those other mods, so I want to do what I can to make sure that it deserves to be on there
    You should be proud.

Maybe this will garner a little more attention from TaleWorlds as well.

Agree, also I think that Gekokujo deserves the high place. As others have mentioned it is a perfect example of balance. I really feel that every feature has been thought about, that everything has been tested etc., often in mods (and in retail games, of course) I get the complete opposite feeling.
  12. Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

@phlpp

Thanks for the update, really looking forward to it!
  13. Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

omeganaut said:
    Does anyone else find the villages up in the northern-most island(I apologize for my lack of knowledge about the setting) mostly useless?  It takes about a day to get to the first village from the mainland, and the better part of another day to go from the first to the second.  Thus you have a 4 day trip to visit them.  While I respect that any historic mod should utilize the setting to the fullest extent possible, sometimes things need to be adjusted for playability or left out of the mod to maintain the focus of the game.  Even Ryukyu isn't a full two day trip from the nearest town, and its borderline time-wasting, even if it has spice. 

Bottom line, either those villages need to be closer, or they will be useless for most players as no prospective emperor can afford half a week off of campaign.

phlpp already mentioned that he plans to populate that area with more things, lets see when he finds time and motivation to work on Gekokujo.
  14. Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

Kissaki said:
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the faction relations report yet. You can scroll up and down just fine, but since there is no way to scroll left or right, I am unable to see well over half the factions on the right hand side. This means that for any faction "lost" somewhere on the right, I can never see their relations to more than a few clans. This includes my clan, Asakura. Until there is a fix that allows for left-right scrolling, then, the faction relations report is rather useless.

As I have increased the default font size of Windows by quite a lot, many programs behave strangely, I always thought this was because of this  :oops: . Else I would have reported it ages ago... Great that you have mentioned it!
  15. Fast travel! (DUH!)

Kissaki said:
    I find this thread refreshing, actually. Not a question or a suggestion, just a short "I just discovered" tip. And it's a damn good tip. I didn't know about it either, and I've played since M&B v0.632. :grin:

Glad it helped! :smile:

Articulo34 said:
    How did you survive this long without knowing that? Even in vanilla M&B/Warband (with their small map) traveling from one side of the map to another is a pain in the ass in real time.

Well, in my case, there are 17 grey hairs that are a direct result of travelling from one part of the other in M&B Warband+mods. :grin:
Back
Top Bottom