Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Honestly what I think needs doing is for the AI to be coded to counterattack more often. Basically there needs to be an AI trigger that has them beeline toward any castle they know is being besieged. That would force large force concentrations and battles regardless of if the AI wants to cause one or not. And it would give way to more of the kind of game mechanics that are both realistic and fun.

Don't know if this is where this goes but I'll shoot :grin:

Using the new 3.1 beta patch I ran into an encounter in the world map which said something to the effect of "you hear the sound of people chatting" and of course I investigate because I'm nosy like that and it was a group of 4 people I think (3 male 1 female) all decently armored up, anyway when the battle loads I see in the lower left hand of my screen red error messages about music not being able to be loaded, 7-10 lines of text, but the battle progresses as normal and also music is playing. When I kill all the enemies and go to leave the battle the game crashed to a black screen.

When speaking to the master of a building, the options/actions for "Keep the goods till I arrive" and "Sell as produced" appear to be reversed. Selecting keep results in them being sold, a profit showing in the budget screen and no goods ever being in the building inventory.

Also, dis the latest version, 3.1, what dl's from Steam workshop?

The layout and pathing bugs brought up in the last page (as well as that script error) have been noted. The fort capture variable is actually worrisome, though, because it's hard to control that in the module system for 100% save compatibility.

Regarding sieges, though, are the empty garrisons after castles are traded back and forth a problem? A minimum garrison that applies to both the player and AI might do the trick, so that the defenders never go below 200 or some other moderate number

My gaming and development computer broke last week, so that delays us a little. It wouldn't normally be a big deal, I could actually probably fix it right now at this moment if I felt like it, but I am still a little emotionally exhausted. The spare parts I have on hand were my father's -- he bought them a week before he died because I gifted him one of my spare high-end CPUs and he wanted to build a computer out of it. Building computers was one of the things we did together when I was a child

Two hundred would be good a middle ground.

I just thought that the sieges in Gekokujo rely on larger defensive numbers than in Native. Native AI behaviour of never re-garrisoning over 100 troops simply seemed insufficient as the troops are divided into many archer holes and segregated between 3 or 4 gates. Defensive battles are much more difficult compared to Native's single-ladder-meat-grinder massacres.

I think this is also a side-effect of there only being 6-8 lords per Clan (Native factions have 20+). So when a castle is captured a fraction of the attacking force (+liberated prisoners) are turned into a garrisson - which will be far less in Gekokujo (I've seen Dhirim get captured by the Khergits and it immediately have a 220+ man garrison). In Gekokujo castles are often left with only 30-60 troops inside. This causes every lord at war with the clan trying to solo siege the castle immediately. If it is handed out, the lord doesn't re-garrison it above 100 (if the initial capture didn't already leave as many troops it). This makes it harder for the player to defend as a fellow vassal or easier to capture as an enemy.

It's not a critical issue but I feel the AI just drives itself into very stalematey situations where it fights over the same weak castles incessantly. It doesn't ever feel like the AI attempts to retain the land it conquers. So I simply believed some auto-garrisoning effect would make things a bit better.

Anyway, it's entirely up to you of course. Hope you feel better soon.

phlpp said:
My gaming and development computer broke last week, so that delays us a little. It wouldn't normally be a big deal, I could actually probably fix it right now at this moment if I felt like it, but I am still a little emotionally exhausted. The spare parts I have on hand were my father's -- he bought them a week before he died because I gifted him one of my spare high-end CPUs and he wanted to build a computer out of it. Building computers was one of the things we did together when I was a child

Hello, my condolences about the death of your father.

Do what makes you feel better, we will enjoy your work whenever it is done.

All the best...

I don't know if this is related to this mod or a bug with warband in general but what happened just now to me is strange. Basically I am doing a speed run to see how it goes and I decided to support a claimant to the throne. Well the war is over, the claimant won and all is fine. But there is a bug with her clothes. Regular lords have two sets of clothes, one for the field (their armor) and one for castles (civilian clothes). My new lord is always in her armor and newer in civilian clothes.

Is this a known bug and is there anything I can do about it short of modding the game to allow me to play dressup?

I kind of, sort of want her to not show up for the wedding in full plate.

On a related note, I think Great Lady Yamanouchi of Uesugi is a Yandere. You know, the kind of girl who kills people around you to make you not have a choice but love her. She keeps declaring war on neighboring clans and giving me every fief I request.

jacobhinds said:
:lol:  If she was a lady with the "adventurous" trait, she'd join your army and become the most overpowered prophesy of pendor dragonball Z super smash bros companion in mount and blade history.
She already sort of is. Like, she is level 50something to my 30something (yea I know, I suck, but I am trying a speed run which means I got my 1st fief before I hit the 40's.) and has a 250 men strong army following me around.

3.1 Beta release:
Really like what you did with new siege, but theres something that went backwards , the Troops Running from battle make it way too easy. i beat a 1.2k army with my 220 man ( 100 gunners 80 hired warriors , 40-random/company ) because they just gave up after 3 shots of my gunner line , half of their army routed , instead of using the time of reload to rush to my weak gunners they just ran to get shot in the back . back in 3.0 the fleeing wasnt that hard.

Sorry if this has been brought up. But I believe the random encounters are causing sashimono not to spawn on troops after the encounter. Ill do some further testing.

edit: yyyyuuuup this seems the case.

You should check the new wedding scene. I've had some weird wall clipping with it. But I am not sure if it's your scene or me retromoding it to my 3.0 install that did it.

Very sorry to hear of your loss phlpp. My condolences as well.

Increasing the minimum garrison should only be by a very modest amount in my opinion. Perhaps up to no more than 100. This will minimize potential unintended AI behavior and leave a short window of opportunity where the garrison is fairly weak for both the player and AI to exploit.

I would also like to request that spears keep a side swing along with the overhead stab and normal low thrust. Spear training and use was directly related to the way a staff was used. Making it into something like a melee with a bayonet fixed to a rifle just doesn't feel right to me.

Realistically speaking though if you are standing in formation with 50 other guys left and right of you all with spears are you really going to be doing sideways swings?

Ok something has triggered unknowlingly in my test campaign. Bandits are now attacking me regardless of force size. Might have to do with town encounters? Will have to do more testing.

I dont know what triggers town encounters but thats the one thing that happened, then immediatly after the encounter bandits started attacking me, even looters.

That's an old bug from 3.0. I've had that happen to me like months ago. Bandits will just suddenly and for no reason decide to chase you to the ends of the earth and rush your 300 strong force with their 3 brave men sharing one bamboo stick. It's just something to do with your reputation with them or something.

Back
Top Bottom