Recent content by SirKarl

1. Installation issues

Retail requires installation via Steam, which uses the 5x5 key.

Very well, if I send my steam key to Taleworlds, will you send me 4x4 key back? I have no Steam on my computer and will not install under any circumstances.
    OK, since there was no answer, I tried installing that Steam client. It activated the game successfully, but I still cannot get the 4x4 cd key for my game. Do I need to reinstall it using Steam or what?

Ok, another update.
    If you are unsuccessfull enough to first install the Warband, then play and then buy retail copy, here's the way to get rid of cd key problem.
    1. Download and install Steam client.
    2. Create new Steam account, validate it etc.
    3. Launch Steam client.
    4. Inside Steam client, navigate inside menus to 'library' and then click 'activate the game'.
    5. Inside Steam client, in the dialog window that will appear, input the 5x5 product key (the one printed on back of the manual cover).
    6. Still inside Steam client, go to 'library' and select Warband. Its status will be 'not installed'.
    7. Right-click on Warband, select 'install'.
    8. Let the Steam client to start downloading Warband installer.
    9. After it started downloading, pause the download. You don't want to wait for ~850 MB to download.
    10. Right-click on the listed Warband again. Select 'properties' or 'about' or something similar.
    11. There should be a page describing what Mount & Blade Warband is, and on the right side of description, there will be menu.
    12. From menu mentioned above, select 'CD key'.
    13. Dialog window will show you CD key.
    14. Copy it to clipboard (theres a button for that).
    15. Write it down on a sheet of paper. Save it somewhere safe.
    16. Launch your previously installed Warband.
    17. Activate Warband using the CD key obtained in 13.
    18. Exit from Steam client.
    19. Uninstall Steam client.
    20. Enjoy your registered Warband :smile:

That's all!
    Worked for me.

2. 1.011 Bug Reports

Dragon13 said:
    I'm not really sure what you mean...but, troops in the training field DO gain XP. [..]

No, they do not get ANY exp. I checked many times, the numbers don't add up correctly. Troops report same number of exp before and after training in the training field.
  3. 1.011 Bug Reports

When training my troops in training field, they don't get any experience. It is reported that they have gained some experience points, but when asked individual friends about their skills, there is no advancement (numbers don't change). They get exp from daily training from 'trainer' skill, however.
  4. (v 1.011 ) Minor bug : typo issue

There's another typo in the 1.0.11 (as downloaded from taleworlds.com). Lezalit introduces as 'Lazalet'. Pkease fix?:wink:
  5. Version 0.960 bug reports

Got a problem with graphics - the village of ambean just sits in the air - and training grounds in vaegir kingdom has really tall 'somethings'?
    http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ambean1xc2.jpg
    http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ambean2vc2.jpg
    http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ambean3az5.jpg
    http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=trainingsitevaegirsbc8.jpg
    Fully reproducible everytime I get into game.
  6. Mount&Blade in linux

Mount&Blade makes use of DirectX; while it doesn't use it as extensively as the likes of Oblivion or Crysis (which is probably why it runs better in Wine) it would still be quite a task to port it to OpenGL. I honestly wouldn't expect to see a port any time soon, if ever. On the plus side, the Windows version runs well under Wine anyway.

It runs well under WINE because of its low hardware requirements; not because of WINE or anything like that. The only reasons for payment for the game would be 1) it's addictive and I like it much enough to pay instead of using google to find a serial; 2) there's higher possibility to see real linux binaries (with OpenGL port:wink: when you hear a request like that from a paying customer, not anonymous freeloader :wink:

As for buying the game, it will be in stores on September 16 in North America (September 19 in Europe). The retail release will cost more than a key currently does, but you get a map and manual with Ganbat's art (as seen in the loading screens and menus and so forth). If you can bear to hold out that long you might prefer that option. :smile:

That's BAD - I can print manual and map myself (and there's always room for your own hand-drawn map) and paying more for a game in the US (plus shipping and handling and taxes and border duties etc) is enough of a problem to ask someone else to pay with his credit card (I got one but it is not 'real' visa so I cannot pay for the game myself... yet. Have to wait for bank to send me new card over the Snail Mail :/) before Day Zero :smile:

So to make long story short: all I need is a nice game (working one, no DRM, no bugs, no DRM, no hangs, no DRM, playable, no DRM, with decent performance and playability, no DRM and -- didn't I menton it already? NO DRM :wink: for fair price. And I am willing to pay for that. First time for a long time ...since I saw "Frontier" and "Frontier: First Encounters" from David Braben :smile:

7. Mount&Blade in linux

I have downloaded M & B today and got addicted. Mouse bug is really a bug (in WINE probably, as reported in here), but it may be solved easily without doing recompilation or depending on someone else's (non-official) binary debs.

All you have to do is to change mouse sensitivity to MAXimal value. It helps, because you can turn around few times before the mouse hits the limit (and stops working - or so it appears, but then you just have to turn around in opposite direction few times... :wink:

Other than that, latest binary (0.960) works great (except delays when switching between opponents/talk mode with teacher in training grounds).

Can't wait to get "real" credit card so I could pay for the full version. And how about real, linux binaries for download? (refer to vegastrike.sourceforge.net for reference: they pack 32-bit, 64-bit and debug-enabled static(?) binaries in one blob.)

----
    Debian GNU/Linux Lenny (testing/frozen), Wine 1.0.0 (official testing deb), Athlon XP 2400+, 1536 MB RAM, GF 7600 GS, SB Live! 5.1 Digital.
Back
Top Bottom