Version 0.960 bug reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Lady Dreya said:
Another one, this has happened to me a couple of times.

It happens when I use F11 to toggle blunt weapons. Most of the time F11 works fine, but sometimes if I try toggling again, usually once battle has gotten underway, I get this error.

The game doesn't recover, it's a crash to desktop.

mbf11bughb8.jpg

I got the same thing, twice now I think. This last time I was beating the Swadia army that had 350 men and I had 50, and I managed to knock the king unconscious! It's not fair :sad:

Twice now I have experienced a "black screen of death", in that the screen goes completely black, but whatever sound/music was playing continues to play. I can do absolutely nothing at the black screen, not even alt-tab or alt-F4 my way out, or access the task manager. A cold reset is the only thing that works. Funny thing is that I played it for an hour or so yesterday (when I downloaded .960) with no problems, but today I got the black screen with what appears to be some frequency. I had just begun to play, and was merely travelling toward Yalen to attend a tournament there, and the other time was when I had safely arrived at Yalen, and was going to enter my first bout. No particular action or event, then, seems to trigger this "black screen of death".

Edit: might actually not be a M&B bug, as the laptop in question is now blacking out all the time, upon start-up, just after start-up, as soon as I do something, seemingly at random. It might be that the first time it happened it might have damaged the system configuration or something, but then again it might not be related to M&B at all (it does not happen when I boot in safe mode, which suggests it is tied to an application).

I found a bug, I besieged the last Swadian Castle with 500+ people, I planned on starving them but that is impossible since some caravan keeps spawning in the castle goes out then gets back in, resupplying the castle, so it is impossible, it got quite annoying.

960 Native / My hero is Swadian Rebels, Old fighter's daughter.

When I conquer a castle/town, this message appears and a castle/town becomes my own fief automatically.
"..........It would seem that there is nothing stopping you from taking it for yourself..."
So I can't give castles/towns to Isolla or other lords, the relations are fallen.
Please let me know why it happens...

.960 Native, trader's daughter

Three noticed bugs that haven't previously been remarked on in this thread (and one that has been, but I have more details):

1) Previously-noted bug: I instantly fail the "report to Marshall ___" quest. (I think his name is Meltor?) Here's the thing: this happened as soon as I got a message from lady Isolla telling me she was giving the town I conquered to him.

2) Meltor got made marshall even though the two competitors were Rafard and Devlian (both of which had more than twice as much renown as him).

3) New bug (typo): When someone *did* get made Marshall, the notifying message described lady Isolla as a "he"

4) AI bug: during certain castle sieges, my troops can't even get up the ladder--they just mill around getting shot, then casually sidle off the ladder.

1. I was captured by forest bandits (late I reproduced it with looters) and began travelling with them as prisoner.
After short period of time forest bandits was attacked by manhanters.
Manhanters got the upper  hand...
I  supposed I should be set free, instead I began travelling with manhanters or maybe not. First time a got this bug it looked like I travelled with manhanters, but then I reproduced I was sure I travelled with something else.
While  travelling I got script error every second (or about)
snapshot10mv3.png

2.Caravans sometimes freezes.
mb42lf7.jpg
several seconds late

mb43rw3.jpg
One (rhodoks) moves, other not.

I am playing as neutral, not being tied to a specific nation. I just refused a mission from the guild master; the one where you have to fight the bandits in the city.
When I went back to him, in order to get the job after all; the dialog gets stuck at his initial reply: "so you want to reconsider? good"
No reaction to mouse, have to exit using ctrl alt del...
I can put the savegame file somewhere if that would help

Hank said:
Acquiring my new computer (Windows Vista) the other day, I installed M&B and everything. I went to play and THIS popped up:

memoryvl2.jpg

1MB of RAM? Haha... right... I actually have 4 Gigs of it.

This has happened several times before, ranging from 400 MB down to... well, 1.

Strange thing is, the game runs just fine if I just click past the message. Strange...

Confirmed -  Game runs beautifully if you ignore error message, but could scare off your customers...

Just played 10 hours then 4 hours with several restarts. Creative XFi-Gamer, Win 64, Q9450, nVIDIA GX2, 4GB ram, latest drivers for all materials, avast shut down for sessions but local and internet connections on.

issues:

- possible soundcard driver-related conflict. Random freeze-ups with high wining sound requiring hard-boot (2 in 10 hour session, 1 in 4 hour session). Similar issues were soundcard driver related on CoH under Vista 64, and were (somewhat) resolved under latest drivers. Unable to narrow it down further - happened only on game map and on character screen, never in combat.

- Error message from above; does not detect 4GB ram and pops warning.

- Unable to complete cow herding missions (keep losing cows around towns - could be newb me not doing it right, but just in case...)

[new convert. I can even see expanding character interactions - but only after a year of playing, as I want to play. This game, while obviously still under development, completely rocks. I was happy to pay $35 + tax, and will purchase a second copy after retail distribution, just so my brother can give it a try. Keep up the damn fine work.]

in Rivacheg i walked through the haybails to the small gap between a building and the wall, and got stuck and couldnt get back out...
mbbugim3.png

For me two of the kherjit castles are bugged, Tulbuk and Uhhn, they have no lords hall. One simply crashes on load the other states a "not found" and loads a an open grassy area.

Here is the error from Uhhn castle.

uhhn1.jpg

There's a second error message mentioning line 560 but I could only SS one at a time.

The error from Tulbuk says "Unable to load scene objects"
scn_castle_38_interior

I tried on two different savegames and got the same errors.

Sort of a bummer for me since I took both of them singlehandedly and had to give em away since I want my own lords hall! :wink:

version .960 (native) has a lot of the textures messed up for me. (I had no such problem in previous versions)
heads,shields are fine. helmets, armor, weapons are not.
This is the case in towns, battles.
It will look right for a second but then not.

http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=texturesmessedupql7.jpg

Send me a private message if you want to get any computer stats or such.

edit: when i loaded the 903 version (installed at the same time) and incurred the same problem,i uninstalled, deleting saves, the 903 version as well (from another folder) reinstalled to no avail. i think something has possibly corrupted in the registry.
I do notice though, that female starter armor, helm is not bugged.

edit: More examples of graphical glitching:

Here, i alt tabbed, and didn't move mouse. graphics appears normal and proper
http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s00beforemovingmouseafthl0.jpg

after i moved the mouse
http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s01ej0.jpg

depending on facing of your horse, and location of cursor, things like ground and trees will blink invisible, visible. sections of buildings will blink white. thought i failed to capture the latter.
as you can see, part of the tree, is missing.
http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blinkingtreesandsomeobjoc7.jpg

this, some of the ground is inviisble, and the whole wall is glitched along with everything else already mentioned:
http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s04sj5.jpg
http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s05ys3.jpg

more examples:
http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=moreexamplesofwhatisandib8.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s02jg9.jpg
http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s03lt6.jpg

hi, at burglen ( a village that swadians have) is a bug by talking to some women and then the game crashes, there also a mistake in the selling prisoner (lord) to other faction example: kingdom of swadia is willing to pay 8600 denars if you sell the lord to (him). last time cheked eny kindoms weren´t persons :smile: and the heads r annoying too, first i cant see the their faces, i zoom in, i can se em, i zoom out boof thei r gone >( fix this plz.

Saved game corruption (random) - when leaving via "save and exit", hard freeze after "Game saved...", resulting in hard reboot and corrupted savegame. Possible Vista problem. 4th time in several days of hard playing, system specs available above or on PM.

edited my post above with more examples.

edit: someone PM'd me saying that they used the latest omega ati drivers and it fixed this, but i am on SP3, latest official drivers, and this is a new problem, with .903 i had no issues until i installed .960 (i had the version just before)
and now every version is messed up. i'm not sure exactly what has happened. I looked through any registry with cc cleaner after uninstalling and the only M&B 'problem' i'd found was a shortcut to .903 on my desktop that didn't work (because i'd deleted .903 trying to fix this.

I would appreciate a fix, but don't want to install 3rd party drivers. At the moment, i find it very irritating and fairly unplayable..it just makes for an eye sore.

I am aligned with the Nords, though serving as a mercenary rather than a vassal.  We had just taken a castle, and the king's party, along with a few others, were heading towards another castle to set up a seige when I was summoned by the king. He gave me a scouting mission.  The three places he wanted scouted were widely scattered, so there was no way I could visit all three in less than two or three days.  The quest screen, though, said that I had seven days to complete the quest.  I started riding and by the second day I had scouted a couple of the locations and was headed to the third, when I suddenly got the message that I had failed the quest.

I reloaded my saved game, which went back to before the quest had been received, and starting playing again.  I was again summoned, and was again given a scouting mission to three widely scattered locations, though they were different locations than had been assigned before.  Again, the quest screen said I had seven days to complete the quest.  I had successfully scouted all three locations two days later, and was headed back to where the king was still besieging the castle, when I was again given the message that I had failed the quest.

I have completed this type of quest successfully many times, so I know they do not fail automatically.  In these two insatances, though, the quest failed after two days, even though I supposedly had seven days to complete them.

This is similar to a problem reported by Lady Dreya.  I became a vassal of the Nord king after having previously asked to become a sworn man and being told I still needed to prove myself worthy.  I raised my renown about thirty points, and asked again to become a sworn man, and was accepted as a vassal and given a fief.  At the time, the Nords were at war with the Swadians, and at peace with the other factions.  The messages that displayed informed me (among other things) that my relationship to the Kingdom of Nords had deteriorated from 29 to -40, and, in a second message, that my relationship with the Kingdom of Nords had increased from -40 to 12.  Another message informed me that my relationship with the Kingdom of Swadia had increased from -80 to -40.

It seems like a defect that becoming a vassal would cause a net decrease in my relationship with the faction I was joining, or that it would greatly improve my relationship with a faction with whom they were at war.  Viewing the Report of Faction Relations confirms that those are my current relationship levels with those two factions, and so the problem is not just with the messages.  And since Lady Freya reported this upon joining the Kingdom of Swadia, the problem is also not limited to a single faction.

The Village of Rduna is a mountain village of few buildings; it also would appear to be without a village elder.

When I visited the village it was populated by Vaegirs.

I did a search on the name of the village and found only one entry. It may be that I am blind and cannot find the stationary village eldar but I suspect not.

Hope it helps.

BHWolf said:
The Village of Rduna is a mountain village of few buildings; it also would appear to be without a village elder.

BHWolf, I am not sure if you are getting the same location geography as I am for Rduna, but if so, then maybe I can help.  The village is a bit strange in its layout, and the location of the village elder is not very intuitive.  When you first "appear" on the outskirts of town, you are at the bottom of a ravine, and the obvious path forward is right down the center of that ravine.  However, a little bit ahead of where you appear, and on the right side of the ravine, is a narrow path that climbs upward, separated from the ravine by a split-rail fence.  If you climb up that path (it is slow going on a horse), there is a building at the top and that is where you will find the village elder.  Give that a try and see if you find him.

On the "Let me see your equipment" screen for a party member, the display area on the left third of the screen shows the equipment for the selected party member.  There is a "nameplate" above that part of the display, much like the one that shows your own character name over the inventory display at the right side of the screen.  It seems logical that the nameplate on the left would show the name of the party member whose equipment you are examining, and it would be helpful if it did so, but instead it is blank.

Back
Top Bottom