Installation issues

Users who are viewing this thread

first of all my cd will not install the game. even when I run as administrator as advised on website. I open the setup click install, agree to terms by clicking install button... then nothing happens. so I downloaded the game off the website instead slightly peeved but it installed the game properly. and then when I go to activate it, it asks for a 4-4-4-4 letter code only. my activation code is 5-5-5-5-5 letters long!

what a nightmare... any help? and no the search function did not help...

Retail requires installation via Steam, which uses the 5x5 key.

Download & install the Steam installer and go to Games, Activate a Product on Steam...
You can get a 4x4 key from Steam afterwards if you want to use the other version.

nood said:

Download & install the Steam installer and go to Games, Activate a Product on Steam...
You can get a 4x4 key from Steam afterwards if you want to use the other version.

ok thanks for reply. I activated it on steam. its saying I will have to log into steam to play, I hope not that is the whole reason why I didn't buy it from steam. now it is wanting to install the game. any ideas how I get the 4x4 key?

EDIT: nevermind I found it. for any other readers you click warband in game library then on right hand side under "links" click cd key. THANKS VERY MUCH NOOD

Very well, if I send my steam key to Taleworlds, will you send me 4x4 key back? I have no Steam on my computer and will not install under any circumstances.
OK, since there was no answer, I tried installing that Steam client. It activated the game successfully, but I still cannot get the 4x4 cd key for my game. Do I need to reinstall it using Steam or what?

Ok, another update.
If you are unsuccessfull enough to first install the Warband, then play and then buy retail copy, here's the way to get rid of cd key problem.
1. Download and install Steam client.
2. Create new Steam account, validate it etc.
3. Launch Steam client.
4. Inside Steam client, navigate inside menus to 'library' and then click 'activate the game'.
5. Inside Steam client, in the dialog window that will appear, input the 5x5 product key (the one printed on back of the manual cover).
6. Still inside Steam client, go to 'library' and select Warband. Its status will be 'not installed'.
7. Right-click on Warband, select 'install'.
8. Let the Steam client to start downloading Warband installer.
9. After it started downloading, pause the download. You don't want to wait for ~850 MB to download.
10. Right-click on the listed Warband again. Select 'properties' or 'about' or something similar.
11. There should be a page describing what Mount & Blade Warband is, and on the right side of description, there will be menu.
12. From menu mentioned above, select 'CD key'.
13. Dialog window will show you CD key.
14. Copy it to clipboard (theres a button for that).
15. Write it down on a sheet of paper. Save it somewhere safe.
16. Launch your previously installed Warband.
17. Activate Warband using the CD key obtained in 13.
18. Exit from Steam client.
19. Uninstall Steam client.
20. Enjoy your registered Warband :smile:

That's all!
Worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom