Recent content by Sir Galahad the Pure

1. Sir Galahad the Pure

Resolved Unstable ping in EU servers

My ping is extremely unstable in EU servers and seems to be following a circadian cycle, which makes me think it might be affected by the number of players connected to your servers. I live in southern Spain and have 50 Mb/s wired connection. My ping in Warband has always been stable (35-45) in...
  2. Sir Galahad the Pure

Bad ping on official servers

Bumping this as I keep having abnormal high ping in EU servers, mostly when I play in the evenings.

Ping keeps being fine (40-50) in Warband's servers at the same location. My connection is good in every other software I tried simultaneously like TS3, Discord and so on.

MP is pretty much unplayable for me due to a poor server provider.
  3. Sir Galahad the Pure

The devs gave out these for testing ping and packloss.
    • Europe: speedtest-ams3.digitalocean.com
    • North America: speedtest-nyc3.digitalocean.com
    • East Asia: speedtest-sgp1.digitalocean.com
    Thanks for your answer.

Edit: Nvm, it seems today the ping is fine for me.
  4. Sir Galahad the Pure

Hey there TW devs, I've been consistently playing Warband multiplayer for thousands of hours, mainlny in European servers as I live in Spain. My ping in French servers has always been stable between 40-45, 50-60 in German servers. To my surprise, when I went into an European server in...
  5. Sir Galahad the Pure

Private Servers?

@Androme1
    Relying on Steam achievements for accounting the players who play either SP or MP...that made my day.

It'd be pointless to get into details because @Darky5 's posts were really conclusive, but there are so many wrong assumptions and misleading information in your posts.
    The fact that only around 50% of the owners accomplished the 1st SP mission speaks for itself...those stats based on steam achievements/Warband owners are irrelevant.
    But if you still believe in that information, what @Lord Brutus pointed out about NW is something we're not sure of and we shouldn't presume the same achievements apply for that mod. That 1-5% you mention is at best hypothetical and based on inaccurate/misleading data.

Then again there are those who don't have the steam version or simply play on disconnected mode. Please don't just assume the same stats apply for these people and the connected steam users.
    And on top of that there's again the factor of longevity of the game and people (I speak for the competitive scene here) getting old or tired of playing an 7-8 years-old-game: see my post here. SP players might have suffered the same decline but again that's yet another assumption I'm not willing to make.
    I honestly can't be bothered to search if it's possible to know how many people played the game in 2011-2014 in both SP and MP mode. But those are the years when the sample would be more representative and relevant to the topic. We're talking about how important the MP community would be for an Early-Access/New game, not a 10 years old game such as Warband. Current Warband stats don't represent the average of all the years, let alone those of the months/years inmediately after release.

Not to mention there's a substantial part of the playerbase who play both SP and MP...

Anyway, I think it's safe to say whatever we discuss here won't change TW plans a single bit so all we can do is continue being patient and hope for the best possible game in both SP and MP modes. It's on everyone's interest that both modes are developed at the same level of detail to make BL a succesful game.
  6. Sir Galahad the Pure

Private Servers?

Multiplayer likely accounts for less than 1% of the Mount & Blade franchise, the notion that the extra multiplayer feature was ever an attractive factor for people considering purchasing the games is a completely nonsensical notion. It's a niche community within a niche community.
    That is nowhere close to reality, as some people showed in later posts. Not to mention the MP community is probably more 'resilient' due to its intrinsic nature (players create bonds with each other and/or recognize other players they enjoy playing with, making the game more attractive). There are another couple of factors to have in mind here:
    1) The decline (almost death) of the multiplayer scene in the last years, mainly because of the never-ending wait for Bannerlord and the relentless pass of time, which turned no-life teenagers/young adults who grew playing warband into adults with less time to play and interest in a 8 years-old game. I'm pretty sure the MP/SP players ratio was a lot higher back in 2010-2015, dozens of servers were full every day. Now Crpg, PW and many other mods are completley dead, Native is at its 'last breath'.
    2) TW made it clear that they'll be investing a lot more attention to MP, in theory, with the implementation of new features never seen officially in Warband such as the Matchmmaking and the Anti-cheat systems, as well as giving the game more promotion as an e-sport.

I'm not saying SP isn't important though, it clearly was, is and will be the prevalent mode. That doesn't make the latest news about private servers less disappointing, though. I think it'd be silly for anyone not to agree with the implementation of private servers from the beginning. I also believe that what was said about a few elite super competitive players not supporting private servers is a fallacy. As Greed pointed out in the other thread, the competitive players are probably the most interested in private servers being allowed. They're absolutely necessary to practice with your team/clanmates and organise events, scrims or even official matches. Being in one of the very few clans that has been providing servers in the last years, I can say reading the latest news was quite frustrating for us.

All that being said, let's not forget it's Early Access and not the full game. It'd make sense that TW wanted to only have official servers until everything is completely polished and ready. I think what really made people angry is not inherently the fact that we won't have private servers in EA but that it will last so long (1 year if not less) after 8 years of development. Let's just be patient and hope they're implemented sooner than later.
  7. Sir Galahad the Pure

The Athenaeum

****ing masterpiece. So much nostalgia.
  8. Sir Galahad the Pure

ub apeal

Rules are clear and they have to be followed by everyone that plays in the tournament, the admins decision seems fair and logic.
    Should rules be changed so different punishements are given depending on the severity of the rulebreak? That's another matter...

Anyway, I'm still astounded how the same people keep making these minor rulebreaks their personal crusade. This is not a witch hunt. Are we really comparing these cases with wallhack/autoblock/aimbot? Seriously?
    As far as I know, NeoGK mod and all its features are PUBLIC and ALLOWED by TW, the mod is actually in this same forum we're discussing right now. Actual cheats are not public here and are probably in some shady forums/webs.

So apparently knowing the other team composition before the other team gives an advantage that could change the outcome of the round/set/match. Allow me to dissent. It does give a minor advantage (wow, knowing the other team's set up max 10secs before) but has literally no effect on the actual positioning and fight, where everything is decided.

And there's one particular case in which the infractor didn't even use the "advantage" so, are we hunting for cheaters or, like someone said, people for being stupid and not changing mods?
  9. Sir Galahad the Pure

[Nation's Cup 2018] Announcement & Signups

Thanks for clarifying Kane, that's a post most likely many people were looking for instead of "Netherlands can't form their our team" without being properly justified.
  10. Sir Galahad the Pure

Cosmic Ciiges said:
    I do read. I read several posts from Dutch players already asking for an alliance from day 1.
    I also read Kane's post where two people were said to be rejected straight away because not getting along with them (?) and 2 other people whose situation has not been clarified yet (same for Sabo).
    Then you have people like Stjaf, Violet and Zulu who won't be active 100% but could possibly play from time to time.

Then there's Ciiges, Kane, Surkan, Watly, Ceasar, Tallie, Attilla?,

Have you asked old AE guys, Broomstick, Totalwar, Hansworst?

Tallie said:
    Thanks for a more constructive post.

I do understand it is not an easy task and that you're the ones who know best how the situation and activity of the players is, but as it's been already pointed out you have already around 8 active players, 3 whose situation hasn't been clarified, 2 who were rejected straight away, 3 who could arguably play some time despite being busy, and some other people who possibly have not been asked.
    Watly's case is a tantrum admins have nothing to do with and ultimately selfish.

*EDITED after Tallie's edit
  11. Sir Galahad the Pure

Guys is insulting your best way of countering an argument?

You've almost given up forming a only Dutch team from day 1 after NC being announced.
    I've seen around 15 dutch players names in this thread already. HKP and OGL (I think) already gave quite a lot of names. The thing is you're either too lazy or selfish and reject people because theyre not super active tryhards or you just don't get along with some (very poor excuse tbh). And yet there are still native dutch players out there who have not been contacted.

It'd be a shame not to see Belgian players taking part in NC? Yes, but if we set that precedent Poland could just take best Czech players, Spain or France get the Italians and so on.

This being said I hold no grudge against Netherlands nor their players, except from Ceasar ofc.
  12. Sir Galahad the Pure

Warband Matchmaking Client (WBMM) [v1.8 BETA]

OurGloriousLeader said:
    i reverse my position
    xD

You can never force people to join TS even if this is considered semi-competitive, specially at this stage of the game where there's not much alternative to play battle mode elsewhere. I'd rather use incentives like the scotchman above said.

Also Maximou what's wrong with you?
  13. Sir Galahad the Pure

[IG] Guard of Istiniar - A clan for Mount&Blade Warband {Closed}

Aw nostalgia, thanks for bringing that back Blead! Good old times indeed.
  14. Sir Galahad the Pure

No Battle: constructive complaint and attempted discussion thread

DanAngleland said:
    No, not eight years since- it fell down to the very low numbers years ago, at least four or five.
    That is nowhere close to the truth. You can go on with your argumentation but you should get your facts straight first. 5 years ago the game wasn't in very low numbers but at its climax, actually.
    Now the numbers are indeed lower (I guess the decrease you're talking about started less than 2 years ago though). However, you can surprisingly still find some very populated servers (including a couple with +100 everyday), and not just in China btw.

Back
Top Bottom