Private Servers?

Users who are viewing this thread

@Darky5
I do recognize that some people don't own the game through Steam, but combining the statistics from both achivements (however faulty) and player number charts (however faulty), gives us a rough estimate of ~1-5% consistent players and ~15% having tried MP atleast once. These are two different sources and both point towards the same numbers, and considering the large enough sample size and since we do not have anything else to go by, these numbers are the most reliable numbers that we have at the moment.

If we had numbers from non-Steam versions of the game available we'd end up with the same numbers in the end.
Edit: In fact, the Steam version of the game is more likely to attract people interested in MP, so non-Steam players of the game are likely less interested in MP, which would drive the ~1-5% number down even further.

https://steamdb.info/app/48700/ for total M&B players right now.
http://www.mnbcentral.net/global for total MP players right now.

Remember, neither does show how many unique players there has been throughout the day, nor players AFK:ing in-game or boosting game hours. Historically, the MP has been a much more popular mode with more than 1000 concurrent players during the 2014/15-ish peak era of 20-30k total active M&B players. There has been users blowing the size of the MP aspect out of proportion in this thread. In the past I've seen careless comments how some users just don't care if others lose their favorite aspect of the game. To diminish the worth of one aspect or blow one aspect out of proportion is equally bad and doesn't benefit the game as a whole.

@Darky5
I do recognize that some people don't own the game through Steam, but combining the statistics from both achivements (however faulty) and player number charts (however faulty), gives us a rough estimate of ~1-5% consistent players and ~15% having tried MP atleast once. These are two different sources and both point towards the same numbers, and considering the large enough sample size and since we do not have anything else to go by, these numbers are the most reliable numbers that we have at the moment.

If we had numbers from non-Steam versions of the game available we'd end up with the same numbers in the end.
Edit: In fact, the Steam version of the game is more likely to attract people interested in MP, so non-Steam players of the game are likely less interested in MP, which would drive the ~1-5% number down even further.

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/MountBlade:Warband/achievements/
Yes, ofcourse. However faulty, these stats say only 45% has played a mod for Warband.
And only 48% has played the first mission in Warband. This must mean only 48% who own the game has never played it.
Sorry but your usage of statistics is atrocious at best.

@Emil
Thank you for those. 7004 people in Warband right now. The average MP player amount the past 24 hours peaked at 1011, bottoming out at 233.
1011/7004 = 14.4%
233/7004 = 3.33%
Obviously this calculation is not taking in account actual number of active players at the time of the lowest or highest MP count.
But the point still stands.

Last edited:
https://steamcommunity.com/stats/MountBlade:Warband/achievements/
Yes, ofcourse. However faulty, these stats say only 45% has played a mod for Warband.
And only 48% has played the first mission in Warband. This must mean only 48% who own the game has never played it.
Sorry but your usage of statistics is atrocious at best.

@Emil
Thank you for those. 7004 people in Warband right now. The average MP player amount the past 24 hours peaked at 1011, bottoming out at 233.
1011/7004 = 14.4%
233/7004 = 3.33%
Obviously this calculation is not taking in account actual number of active players at the time of the lowest or highest MP count.
But the point still stands.

Comparing overall players right now to peak multiplayer players past 24 hours is dishonest. If we instead compare peak population past 24 hours for both, it would be 1011 MP players and 9220 overall players, i.e slightly more than 10%, and note that this is peak multiplayer numbers past 24 hours, not average multiplayer numbers over extended periods of time. The average, looking at the website Emil posted, puts the numbers mostly closer to 500 or something like that. Lower than 10% most of the time. Also taking into account the things Emil posted about boosting play hours and AFK:ing, this is likely lower than 10%.

Now, also taking into consideration my earlier posts, which all put consistent active multiplayer population at lower than 10%, and closer to 2-3%. What seems to be more likely: Multiplayer population is more than 10% or less than 10% of Warband players? Think about this and reply honestly please.

I presume NW share the same achivements and online charts. If they don't, that speaks well for the multiplayer population I suppose.
But if they are part of the same achivements and online charts, then previously posted numbers are accurate.

Comparing overall players right now to peak multiplayer players past 24 hours is dishonest. If we instead compare peak population past 24 hours for both, it would be 1011 MP players and 9220 overall players, i.e slightly more than 10%, and note that this is peak multiplayer numbers past 24 hours, not average multiplayer numbers over extended periods of time. The average, looking at the website Emil posted, puts the numbers mostly closer to 500 or something like that. Lower than 10% most of the time. Also taking into account the things Emil posted about boosting play hours and AFK:ing, this is likely lower than 10%.

Now, also taking into consideration my earlier posts, which all put consistent active multiplayer population at lower than 10%, and closer to 2-3%. What seems to be more likely: Multiplayer population is more than 10% or less than 10% of Warband players? Think about this and reply honestly please.

If you want to be real technical about it:
Timestamp: 1:00 AM GMT
Current Playercount 5,758 as Steam records it. (https://steamdb.info/app/48700/)
Average Multiplayer Count at 1:00 AM GMT the last 24 hours at 465. (http://www.mnbcentral.net/global)
465/5758 = 8.08%
Timestamp: 10:00 AM GMT
Current Playercount 6,890
Average MP Count: 291
291/6890 = 4.22%

That's MP value for 1 AM in the morning.
I can get a better sample size by trying this again tomorrow at different times as well.

That's much better comparative statistics than whatever Steam achievement % you're pulling out from an unknown sample size.

I don't know where you learned statistics, but it's clearly insufficient.
I don't think comparing overall players to peak or average mp population was dishonest at all, although I will admit that excluding both time and full day average in the first calculation may have been misinformative as to real procentages.
Comparing achievements and applying it to statistics without reliable sample base or other comparative bases is dishonest since it's founded on unknown factors that does not correlate at ALL with actual player numbers.

Last edited:
One thing and one thing only that you people need to understand.
TW has no obligation what so ever to go into early access, they are doing it so we can finally enjoy some of the game even if it is not complete.
Stop being self-entitled brats demanding things.
The game has been in development for 8 years ? So what...we are getting to play now instead of having to wait another year, which they could do if they wanted to.
TW has no obligations with any of you, no deadlines, no contracts, nothing.
They are giving something back to their community because they feel like doing it.
You keep demanding things like you are owed anything by them, you are not. stop.
Look we are not bashing anybody, some people here are primarily singleplayer players, some are primarily multiplayer players and some like myself love both aspects of the game. But you have no right to tell us to stop demanding these things. We all care about Taleworlds and the community and that is why we are nervious and putting forth our ideas and our worries because none of us in this thread of over 170 comments and over 5000 views wants this game to fail. We simply want this game to flourish, for our favorite game developer to earn their hard earned money, and to enjoy this game on release. I don't know your experience with multiplayer but some of us here have played the multiplayer for years and years and understand that the current multiplayer scene for Bannerlord as it has been portrayed to us needs attention and community support especially in respect to community servers in many of our eyes. This day and age of gaming, especially that of youtube critics, typically focus down the multiplayer aspect. Especially with people such as PixilatedApollo, who i will say im not a fan of but his Call to Arms event, which won't seem to be able to run on EA release, has brought MANY people to the franchise, as well as people like DiplexHeated who helped spark large clans and regiments in multiplayer mods and DLC's like North and South and Napoleonic Wars. What im trying to say is that we shouldn't have to calm down, we are as nervous, excited and die-hard fans as anyone and we simply want this game to succeed and that is was this thread and the entire forums filled with heated debate is all about, HELPING MAKE THIS GAME ONE FOR THE AGES. If you can't handle that then you might as well stare at your steam library with your bib in your mouth and shut your own mouth! if anyone disagrees with what I said, that is what discussion is for, bring it on.

Look we are not bashing anybody, some people here are primarily singleplayer players, some are primarily multiplayer players and some like myself love both aspects of the game. But you have no right to tell us to stop demanding these things. We all care about Taleworlds and the community and that is why we are nervious and putting forth our ideas and our worries because none of us in this thread of over 170 comments and over 5000 views wants this game to fail. We simply want this game to flourish, for our favorite game developer to earn their hard earned money, and to enjoy this game on release. I don't know your experience with multiplayer but some of us here have played the multiplayer for years and years and understand that the current multiplayer scene for Bannerlord as it has been portrayed to us needs attention and community support especially in respect to community servers in many of our eyes. This day and age of gaming, especially that of youtube critics, typically focus down the multiplayer aspect. Especially with people such as PixilatedApollo, who i will say im not a fan of but his Call to Arms event, which won't seem to be able to run on EA release, has brought MANY people to the franchise, as well as people like DiplexHeated who helped spark large clans and regiments in multiplayer mods and DLC's like North and South and Napoleonic Wars. What im trying to say is that we shouldn't have to calm down, we are as nervous, excited and die-hard fans as anyone and we simply want this game to succeed and that is was this thread and the entire forums filled with heated debate is all about, HELPING MAKE THIS GAME ONE FOR THE AGES. If you can't handle that then you might as well stare at your steam library with your bib in your mouth and shut your own mouth! if anyone disagrees with what I said, that is what discussion is for, bring it on.
Im not demanding this on a base of rights, im telling you that you and the whole lot complaining about things missing have zero rights to be complaining about said things, given that EA is their choice AND yours to play or just wait for the full game.
Asking for something is one thing, demanding as if you had any rights is another.
You are wrong, as are the other people demanding that TW does things the way they want it to.
Stop acting like a spoiled brat, you are literally demanding things and defending the right to demand...if you want to ask for things, thats perfectly fine both as a customer and fan. EARLY ACCESS means things will be missing, and usually, more important things will be worked on first, and since M&B has always been mostly about Singleplayer, thats the focus for now. Deal with it.

Last edited:
To those that say M&B has always been a single player game, you are correct. An overwhelming majority of players have always been in single player.

But the multiplayer community has also been waiting for Bannerlord. As someone who primarily plays multiplayer, what I fail to understand is why the files won’t be released. What harm is there? If there is a genuine reason then be transparent about it.

I can only speak from my experiences with others, but we just want the ability to play on something beyond a couple of official servers. Release the files for community servers and people will create and play on them. If it isn’t polished then we’ll deal with it. If it doesn’t function as it should then we’ll adapt. There are several hundred people who were ready to purchase the game just for multiplayer. Choosing to not release the server files has many doubting that decision. The multiplayer community might not be the biggest or even the target audience, but we will play the game regardless should we get the chance to with community servers.

I’ve played in both the NA and EU multiplayer communities. I’ve lead my own clans and have been involved with numerous others. I’ve hosted organized events and helped out with others as an admin. I even played in the NA competitive scene just to try something new. And I did all of this because I truly love Warband, just like the rest of you.

TaleWorlds, we are ready to play. We are ready to move into Bannerlord and pick up right where we are currently in Warband. Morton’s example about his group disbanding is a bit extreme due to the instability of that whole group, but it has some merit. If we have to wait any longer then I honestly can’t be sure that the long term Warband multiplayer community will stick around for your decision. This has been anticipated for years and many old players have been coming back from the dead to play again. Please let us play the successor to one of the greatest games ever the only way we know how to, with our communities and organized events.

-Copot

The reason SP rules over is because you made a very bold statement saying the game is kept alive by multiplayer.

Also, i'm pretty sure no one here cares if they give the files or not. No one would oppose taleworld giving the files when they want and think it will be a bad decision.

Another thing when comparing warband MP to SP stats these days is that Warband MP is quite dead... It is an old game with only the dedicated MP players who have thousands of hours in the game playing it still. Most of the remaining casual players are on SP now, since there is no massive MP scene.
Also for example, it's like trying to compare AOE2 original to AOE2 definitive edition. It just doesn't work.

@Androme1
Relying on Steam achievements for accounting the players who play either SP or MP...that made my day.

It'd be pointless to get into details because @Darky5 's posts were really conclusive, but there are so many wrong assumptions and misleading information in your posts.
The fact that only around 50% of the owners accomplished the 1st SP mission speaks for itself...those stats based on steam achievements/Warband owners are irrelevant.
But if you still believe in that information, what @Lord Brutus pointed out about NW is something we're not sure of and we shouldn't presume the same achievements apply for that mod. That 1-5% you mention is at best hypothetical and based on inaccurate/misleading data.

Then again there are those who don't have the steam version or simply play on disconnected mode. Please don't just assume the same stats apply for these people and the connected steam users.
And on top of that there's again the factor of longevity of the game and people (I speak for the competitive scene here) getting old or tired of playing an 7-8 years-old-game: see my post here. SP players might have suffered the same decline but again that's yet another assumption I'm not willing to make.
I honestly can't be bothered to search if it's possible to know how many people played the game in 2011-2014 in both SP and MP mode. But those are the years when the sample would be more representative and relevant to the topic. We're talking about how important the MP community would be for an Early-Access/New game, not a 10 years old game such as Warband. Current Warband stats don't represent the average of all the years, let alone those of the months/years inmediately after release.

Not to mention there's a substantial part of the playerbase who play both SP and MP...

Anyway, I think it's safe to say whatever we discuss here won't change TW plans a single bit so all we can do is continue being patient and hope for the best possible game in both SP and MP modes. It's on everyone's interest that both modes are developed at the same level of detail to make BL a succesful game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom