Recent content by Ruihan

1. Ruihan

Do you want more complex features, such as proper formation behaviour in Bannerlord?

Amazing work! Well done!
    It's great seeing people like you who have the initiative to fix problems on their own
  2. Ruihan

Bannerlord was a grift

STAN can't even comprehend what he's looking at there. All he does is steal people's posts (who don't want to be in his videos) and blabber over them incoherently for cheap "content". He has zero understanding of game mechanics and doesn't even play the updates himself. He's a poser and a fraud.
    He is the absolute least reputable, most ill-informed person on youtube to ever dare make a bannerlord video. If you're going to listen to youtubers at least choose people who put time into playing the game like @Flesson19 or @ItalianSpartacus .

Here's a forum topic about the steam charts too, of which, of course STAN also :poop:'d a blabbery react video to, nothing he does is anything thig but just regurgitating what he steals from here and reddit. He only remains because he is too small and boring to be dealt with like a proper lolcow. He just kinda sucks and won't stop reading peoples posts in his crappy videos.
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...rum-a-pit-of-disappointment-yes-it-is.442942/
    Turn on add blockhttps://youtu.be/ 4z2tSdrYNDY
    I not going to argue with you and the fact that Stan is a clown because he is pretty ill informed. But even a bumbling fool will say something correct from time to time even if by sheer coincidence. You did not respond at all to the argument made in the video about steam average daily player count for bannerlord remaining stable for the last year. If you care more about who is making the argument than the argument being made then you are not being objective.

This data from from steamdb. If you disagree with my statement that steam player count for bannerlord has been fairly stable for the last year, I would like to hear why and see what data you have to back your claims.
  3. Ruihan

Bannerlord was a grift

that stance is more foolish pragmatically than trying to stave off the impending flood of failure because without vocal action by dissent - your prediction is sure to come true. At least strong opposition as meager as it may move the developer board room meeting decision needle, at least may have SOME level of effect. Acceptance and worse, congratulations will surely doom it to what we have now presently
    There definitely are threads on this forum that are trying to drive the development of the game in the right direction
    among many.
    I just don't see this thread as one of them. It seems like the bulk of this thread is an attack on the company and developers rather than offering any concrete feature specific requests, suggestions, critiques or demands (there is some but its mostly getting buried by the other stuff and better off being in its own separate thread). I don't think this will merit much discussion in any developer board room as there is nothing of substance to discuss here.

If you are familiar with game developers- the lone wolf idealist being the outlying exception - they always take the path of least resistance especially if they’ve already scored financially and have the measure of “fan approval” on steam
    I have read the developer replies to this thread and they sound genuine to me. A lot of developers do this line of work out of passions and their own love of the game. As someone who has worked in the software industry, I can tell you there are plenty of higher paying and less stressful jobs in the coding than game development. I think its incredibly rude and disrespect when developers get dismissed at lazy and incompetent by people who doesn't even have an inkling of an idea of how the industry works and how much stress developers are under.

But you see - why would you wait to have your point proven that they did indeed abandon until after the fact and it really is too late
    Its a matter of principle for me. I give other people a chance to prove themselves and let them finish before I dismiss them as a failure just as I would like other people to give me a chance to prove my competence with my work.

Overall I think Taleworlds have created the frame work of a very unique and interesting game. There is nothing else like this in the RTS genre which is why I keep playing this game. A lot of people dont give Taleworlds credit for the things that they done right or the things they improved upon since warband. I understand there are a lot of missing features, but those can be added with time and the bugs and crashes can be fixed with time. As long as the game is being developed I dont see those flaws as fatal failures.
  4. Ruihan

Bannerlord was a grift

STAN TUTORIALS HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA NOOOOOO
    I see what you mean
    I'm not the biggest fan of his style either
    but try to look past that at only data
    The data shows that bannerlord average player numbers have been pretty stable for the last year or so, maybe increasing slightly
    and thats pretty consistent with most RTS game after the initial release hype
  5. Ruihan

Bannerlord was a grift

So in that very real sense -they have sold out their long term fanbase - maybe not knowing or caring we would never blindly get behind them again. They made so much $$$, they may no longer care or they are willing to gamble on the less hardcore fan returning for another round of mediocrity -who knows..
    I get that for the long term fans the issue isn't just a matter of the $50 (or whatever regional price is) and they have a lot more invested, but I don't see it as a betrayal yet. They are still working on the game and taking suggestions from the community, so until they fully abandoned developing the game or moved onto selling DLCs for bannerlord I dont see it as them going for a quick cash grab.
    I too am frustrated by the slow pace of development but I can kind of understand why. If look at vacant developer positions on the Taleworlds website https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Career you can see they are still missing 4 software engineers and 2 UI designers for bannerlord. Its pretty hard to find competent skilled professional like software engineers in counties such as Turkey that don't offer competitive wages. For a small game development studio like Taleworlds I can see how missing several developers in one area can create a pretty big bottleneck that slows down the development of the rest of the game.
    I know its frustrating when updates include stuff like 4k sheep textures and more ornamental amours that never get used instead of siege fixes and other core mechanics, but its not like the art team can just pick up the slack on the coding side. There is a clear mismatch of skillsets and its better to have them doing something no matter how trivial rather then just doing nothing while waiting for the coding stuff to catch up.
  6. Ruihan

Bannerlord was a grift

Yeah, but most SP games have player activity drop like a rock. The exceptions aren't because of any sort of inherent quality but because they have DLC scheduled to counter the drop.
    This video compares bannerlord player activity to several over rts games. The trend that bannerlord displays isnt all that different.
  7. Ruihan

Bannerlord was a grift

It's already been explained to you why steam reviews are a terrible statistic to look at, the game hasn't peaked past 23,000 concurrent players since July 2020, some months averaging as low as 9000, I do not care how many times you parrots want to repeat 'steam reviews good!' just because you heard someone else say it, the fact is those people aren't playing the game
    Why are steam reviews bad? You brought up some of them dont have enough hours in the game to make an accurate judgement but those can be filter out? Five bucks pointed out their are a handful of joke reviews but having a few joke reviews doesn't invalidate the whole system. I would agree that the binary rating system does lead to higher than normal ratings, but you can still compare rating of games on steam to the rating of other games on steams in relative term, better games will get better ratings most of the time. There are tons of games on steam on that I would consider actual grift or shovelware and the rating on those games reflect that. Most of those games have ratings under 60% positive range and the rating on bannerlord shows its not in the same category as those game.

Again nobody was talking about steam, I don't know why you brought it up
    Why cant I bring this up? Its an open forum isnt it. I'm still sticking to the topic of this thread (bannerlord being grift) and I'm just disagreeing and providing evidence for why I feel that way
  8. Ruihan

Bannerlord was a grift

As for steam there's people with 3 hours played saying the game is good, but yes I'm sure they know enough. If you're relying on those people as an argument, well then you've hit rock bottom
    Even if you filter to just steam review with 100+ hours
    its still 84% positive out of 22,484 reviews
  9. Ruihan

Bannerlord was a grift

I did take a look at the data set of steam game scores from steamdb
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1juJsq1P_f8sdosXF7I-BWDPnjZCqtzzOgUg4KuhxDII/edit?usp=sharing
    Out of a data set of 44313 games the average score is 74.8% and the median score is 79%
    And that data set is probably skewed by all the 100% rating games with under 10 reviews but if you took those out overall average and median would be even lower
    Bannerlord with an overall score of 87% is between the 66-69th percentile of games meaning its better than 2/3 of games on steam by rating
    If you going to make the argument that bannerlord was grift then you probably going have to make the argument that the majority of games on steam are grift as well
    you can probably say steam as a platform is grift as well if the majority of the products they are selling are grift
  10. Ruihan

Bannerlord was a grift

Now imagine if Steam had a rating scale of 1 to 10 (like this poll) - the average would be much less impressive than 87%. It's artificially inflated number with little meaning because of the rules/sucks rating system.
    Clueless normies who think they are clever are dropping in here every week and saying "but what about that Steam rating, checkmate haters". At least read the thread about Steam ratings first because we see this simplistic argument all the time.
    in the poll 16.4% were 100% disappointed so 83.6% were 10 - 90% disappointed (there isnt even an option for 0% dissapointeted but there is one for 100%)
    On steam 84% gave a positive review in the last 30 days
    So that must mean people who are less than 90% disappointed with game give positive review
    while people who are 100% disappointed give negative review since that would equate to roughly the same percentages
    sounds about right to me I totally would give a positive score to a game that I am 90% disappointed in

Although to be fair I probably would say Im like 40% disappointed. I'm not here to be a giant simp for the developers and the game does have a lot of issues, but I don't think its fair that the developers are getting so much hate. Lot of them just normal people just trying to do their jobs
  11. Ruihan

Bannerlord was a gift

Not going to say there arent issues with the game or development process
    But compared to a lot of the shovelware a lot of the other game development studios are pumping bannerlord isnt even that bad
    And I'm glad to see they still working on the game instead of just saying **** it and moving on to DLC to make an easy profit. I certainly believe there are plenty of other game development studios that would do exactly that if they were in same position as the bannerlord team
  12. Ruihan

Bannerlord was a grift

45f3f29fb2d5ed3a214db1cd49347e3f.png

66% of people who voted are over 50% disappointed in the game, you seriously over estimate how many people like the game on this forum

Since the private beta people who enjoy the game have been in the minority on this forum, only recently have more lunatics who somehow enjoy it appeared, but still you're in the minority and probably always will be

If you want some buddies you can back pat with and tell each other how much you like the game, reddit is the place

on steam 147,349/168,782 (87%) reviews for this game are positive
    and 84% of reviews in the last 30 days are positive

But I guess the 159 people in that poll knows better than the 168,752 people who bought the game and left reviews on steam
    Damn normies that havent been around since warband dont know any better
  13. Ruihan

How would you imagine a reworked economy should be like? Fun Discussion.

One thing I would like to see changed is how food consumption works
    Seen a town that had 1000+ fish but no gain and was still starving

Towns people be like I rather starve to death than eat any more fish.
    I think as long as a town has food It should not be allowed to starve, just stupid imo
  14. Ruihan

Resolved Engine crashes 1.6.2

In large battles, my game would crash in the middle of it It only seems to happen during large battles that last a long time I also have both butterlib and better exception windows installed but neither would generate a stacktrace on crash I looked at the file generated in the bannerlord crash...
  15. Ruihan

This game is broken at a fundamental level

They will eventually run out of troops, but you have to defeat them more than once or twice

I personally think the main reason why the AI is able to rebuild so fast is because they have a lot of relations with notables and a ton of the recruitment slots available

The AI does cheat in that it gets
    -1 more recruitment slot than the player
    - can automatically resolve quest issues and gain relations that way

But the main reason why I think the AI has so much relations with notable is because they start the game with massive clans. All the extra family members just sit in towns and through the envoy system generate a ton of passive relations. If you dont believe me on how powerful this is, just hire 5 companions and put the in a town and come back after a few years and you will see all the recruitment slots for that town are unlocked

Also you get passive relations gain with notables in owned settlements if the settlement have high loyalty.

I would say the AI having large clans and owning settlements at the start is a cheat, but it certainly does giving them a huge advantage to recruiting in the long run
Back
Top Bottom