Recent content by Rhyuus

1. Rhyuus

SP - World Map Small changes for authentic bridge-, settlement- and border-placements

So would you like to make whole of the map?
    And would you like you make an update for this map? Because something is wrong with warbands era.
    @Chiya I think it was even more important to describe the ideas for the changes than posting my suggestion for the whole map (=> whole map suggestion). After all TW has do make the decisions and changes.
    The adjustment to Warband positions was addressed (in the other thread) by forum moderator Piconi and Terco_Viejo. Terco even posted a map suggesting city positions which are closer to the Warband-locations (his update of my suggestion)! :wink:
  2. Rhyuus

SP - World Map Small changes for authentic bridge-, settlement- and border-placements

If i could also make a suggestion
    You have Caleus Castle (slightly North of the above mentioned Ormanfard Castle) and the two bound villages which are vlandian but are cut off to their city Rovalt. The Villagers need to undertake a quite risky road to reach Rovalt and inbetween you have a battanian village.
    I think there should be a other way for the villagers of Deriat and Caleus to reach Rovalt.

Kuruluk which is bound to Tepes Castle I think you should switch to the other side of the River
    also with Baltakhand move the city a little more north and the bound town asalig also of the north side of the River because it would make more sense.
    Fisnar and Kaysar should be switched. So the "new fisnar" is bound to baltakhand and Kaysar is a little bit closer to Kaysar castle and it would make more sens (in my opinion) with the borders between kaysar castle and Baltakhand.

And +1 for Rhyuus
    @Bulwaii you're right, in terms of accesability Caleus is like a enclave for Vlandia. The Sturgian Nevyansk has the same problem... and in almost all savegames we can see how instable this region is ... a real war hotspot for Vlandia,Sturgia and Battania. I think It would especially help the Sturgians if they don't have to worry about a enclave.

If you're interested, in the meantime i've made a thread with this kind of suggestions for the whole map:
    I've also thought about Caleus and Tepes that you've mentioned
  3. Rhyuus

SP - World Map Is real-world inspired repositioning on a large scale worth a map revision?

Amazing effort you have put into this ! I especially agree with swapping positions of Nevyansk and Uthelaim castles regions, but i would prefer leaving space for Sargot`s rightfull position to the place where you put Car Banseth, and Car Banseth to remain where it is, or perhaps shuffle south Battania a bit so that it takes a bit of the county where Sargot is now (and hopefully won`t be for long, after moving north).
    I like the idea of having Battanian cities in the center of it, when you enter their land, you first run into villages, then gradually castles and only then towns. I think that town proximity would help them survive for longer too.

In fact, i am so amazed by the effort (Terco-quality), and many of the suggestions, that i`ve put it up in Top Curated , just for that little bit of extra visibility ! :party:

Thank you very much!

@Terco_Viejo & @Piconi

Even though i like the new map of Calradia, I agree, the world would feel more consistent if the leave the cities closer to where they were originally ...because after all, the old and the new map are still similar enough.

@ Old One-Eye

It's a bit hard to make out elevation etc on your image, but it could be a very interesting area, especially if passable terrain etc were modified so that it was either possible to traverse the mountain range from both sides, or only through the proposed road, passing by the castle.
    ... Strategically, Sahel castle could overlook the whole valley floor and be a pretty awesomely situated mountain fort/castle.
    Absolutely! And yes, it's a bit unfortunate that elevation isn't visible on this map. Working with the heightmap would be perfect to think about defensive positions, to imagine the view and also for a smooth road-layout...

@GitiUsir & @Old One-Eye

it's always a bit of a compromise. Comparing cities and castles as political centres, i would say:
    => cities are political centres which have developed over time, their central position and accessibility were important for that, the defensive infrastructure had to adapt to the given position
    => castles on the other hand are political centres which are a bit more "forced onto the map" and if you can choose the position, view (over land, settlements, borders, ...) and natural defence (cliffs, rivers, ...) become much more important
  4. Rhyuus

SP - World Map Is real-world inspired repositioning on a large scale worth a map revision?

Thank you @Terco_Viejo. Your thread really pointed out how important the shipping routes would have been for transportation. It was inspiring for me and it's gread to see the routes marked on the map. Also thank you for recommending http://orbis.stanford.edu/ (what a great side!).

I also thougt about moving Sargot (i wanted to put it where Calioc is and connect it with a canal to the river for better accessibility ... but at some point i wanded to end the adjustments and just post the ideas)

For everyone: If you want to edit something / make further suggestions ... feel free to use the PDN (picture file with layers). And just like Vesper i feel honored if you leave a credit for me as well :wink:

@Zydrate
    I can understand if people are proud of a city so powerful and so rich in stories. I just used medieval maps as reference and as all of them marked it as Constantinople, i wanted do mention the historic name as well.
  5. Rhyuus

Map of Calradia 1084 (January 2021)

I think "Vesper the Cartographer" deserves to be a NPC in the game :wink:
  6. Rhyuus

I think this might be the Alexander solution to the Gordian knot of Sturgias strategic dilemma (wars vs Khuzait+Vlandia=disaster). It also contains Vlandia and makes Battania's position a lot more interesting than it currently is.
    I'll absolutely return with more feedback, and am following this with great interest.
    @Old One-Eye
    Yes, I think Sturgias Borders are really worth the consideration... I don't think their troops are that weak.
    Battania already had a small coastline with Fintolg Castle, so it would make sense for them to have a harbour city as well (i can imagine this as "the Edinburgh of Calradia")

I'll absolutely return with more feedback, and am following this with great interest.
    That's great! ..your feedback on the borders within the empire aroused my interest to take a look at borders of fallen empires.

hiding tags for forum users in comments/Spoilers results in no alerts in the forum?
    (thanks for the hint. I noticed that the @ symbol on your tag is different... I'll wait a bit, if the others don't see it i'll tag them in a comment.)

This looks like a fantastic idea for a mod! But I somehow doubt that they would go through with something like this for the base game at this point
    @eddiemccandless
    I agree that it makes sense for them to leave places where they are when they already have a fitting scene-map for it, but not all of them have one yet.
    (I remember the scene-map of Uthelaim or Kranirog Castle showed a castle on a cliff with sea in the background even if they are in the middle of mainland)

..if they plan to add roads (as YangBang suggested) some of those ideas might help them as well.

..I'm also happy if this inspires modders.. or world builders :smile:
  7. Rhyuus

Rethinking Borders, City-/Settlement-/Castle-positions, Road-/River-/Canal-Network - Is real-world inspired repositioning on a large scale worth a map revision? I tried to rethink Calradias border-, city-, settlement-, castle- and road-positions with inspiration from real-world maps. My...
  8. Rhyuus

Terco_Viejo & MArdA TaleWorlds, thank you for the interest. Your words are very encouraging indeed. I have the layer file of the map in front of me… let’s see how this goes

But I have to say:
    • I can’t tell you how long it takes / how much time I have for it / how much I can make …but I’ll let you know if I come up with something good.
    • I’m not a graphic designer, I try to use the pnd-layer-file but please don’t expect a map as beautiful as Vesper_’s.
    • I also haven’t studied history or geography. My background only comes from interest and attention (...museums, travelling, docus, a lot of hours viewing and drawing maps/castles/… in my childhood/youth....)
    Terco_Viejo I haven't read all yet, but for what i've seen so far, the Orbis side seems to be a great source to get inspiration for the road system and you also brougth up some good points about the rivers!

MArdA TaleWorlds one thing I would like to say to the design team: Calradia’s physical map is easily one of the most beautiful maps I’ve seen in a game! The inspiration from Europe, northern Africa, western Asia and the attention to plates, winds, climate zones, etc make it so believable! simply beautiful.
  9. Rhyuus

some good ideas

Oristocorys Castle's location only makes sense if there is naval movement in the game, to provide some sort of naval base for transports going from Zeonica to Ortysia. If you think about it, Jalmarys is in the heart of imperial lands, so there's no real reason to keep a large fortress by the river, especially when the enemy would have to push through Garontar/Ortysia from the south and Lageta/Hertogea/Rhotae in the west. But without naval transportation in the game, yeah, Oristocorys should be further north by Vinela.

Yes with naval movement the location could make sense. We are also collecting some ideas for ships here (maybe TW gets inspired by this): https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/ships-in-bannerlord.421964/

Poros is in a mindboggling location. I get it, it was probably a castle originally to protect the grassland villages, then got larger as it protected trade moving west. Buuuuut, there's this annoying valley pass just north of it making its trade protection useless, so you may as well move it to be just southeast of Canoros, so it would've been overseeing trade in the valley and east/west. I get why there's the cluster of Vostrum/Lavenia/Danustica/Odrysa to prevent an Aserai steamroll, but if the devs don't move Vostrum to the mouth of the river to its west you may as well move Poros nearby.

Since the game lore has the Khuzait taking the eastern province from the empire, I'm kind of thinking the empire started at Phycaon, which means if you have a capital city upriver, you're most likely going to have a city at the mouth of the river to protect/get rich off of trade going upstream. Poros or Vostrum should really go there.

True, trading route crossings and river mouths would be the best locations for cities. Maybe they rethink some positions with roads in mind. Yangbangs thread about roads caught their attention: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...radia-needs-roads-in-detail-heres-how.415656/

Another big nit-pick of mine is Argoron. Why is it there? Like, at all? There's this big ol' island and it's not a port city, but...a river one? But wait, if you look closely that river doesn't end nicely, but rather with rapids. Who in their right mind would build a city there, let alone who would live there? I get the balance reasons to keep the city focused to protect Amprela, so I think the easiest thing to do is move the rapids to the south part of the island so Argoron can be a river port city.

think it's an island, rivers usually don't split. Yes, Argoron could make sense as a port city.
  10. Rhyuus

Need More Info Crash loading screen when launching v.1.4.0.229335

I've validated integrity with Steam twice now. First time, 6 files were found and reloaded. Second time three files were found and reloaded. Same Vlandia_armor.tpac error prior to battle. unplayable unfortunately atm.

I had the same problem, Steam integrity check solved the issue for me.
    => Some other players have said they had to reinstall translations or uninstall mods to make the game load normally.
  11. Rhyuus

Resolved [1.4] Crash at start. "We need to collect necessary files to fix this problem"

I have the same problem, but i don't even have any translations (and no mods)...

*EDIT: integrity check on Steam solved the problem for me!
  12. Rhyuus

SP - General I Love This Game, But Spearmen/Polearm Units In General Need Reworking

Agree on the pikes, I recently posted some suggestions inspired by the Battle of Rocroi (great excample for a historical pike fight) there is also a battle scene showing details which should be implemented:

In conclusion:
    -> AI-change: no one runs into a wall of pikes, horses and troops slow down change direction
    -> running into a pike = damage, running further = more damage / death,
    -> a pike wall holds opponents in a distance that can only be overcome by a longer pike or agility
    -> a moving pike wall pushes opponents back / has a chance to damage
    -> pike man change to a close combat weapon if an enemy gets to close or it get's too crowded

You’re right, aiming is also an important AI change for them
  13. Rhyuus

SP - Battles & Sieges changes that might fix the spear and pike issue

*EDIT: the short conclusion: -> AI-change: "respect of pikes" no one runs into a wall of pikes, horses and troops slow down / change direction -> 1 line of pike man: lances straight out, high aiming correction for close targets -> 2 lines of pike man: 1st row -> lances straight out, 2nd row ->...
  14. Rhyuus

SP - General More types of tournaments and contests.

jousting really gets me hyped.
    I found a nice short video that explains the rules of this medieval sport:
Back
Top Bottom