Recent content by LilJur

1. LilJur

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops NPC's barter before battle

So, the system for barter before battle seems a bit off. When I get attacked by the NPC I have to option to: - Tell them we will fight - Tell them they should be the ones surrendering instead of me (I don't even get why this option is even there; why would they surrender if they were the first...
  2. LilJur

SP - Battles & Sieges Advanced battles, combat and tactics

This is not one suggestion but more a group of suggestions to improve one of the most important aspects of the game: battles. To be honest, after years of waiting, I am slightly disappointed with the game. Yes, a lot of features have been added and I understand it is in EA. But to be honest, it...
  3. LilJur

Formation usage (a poll)

Raviollius said:
    I turn them off when they start disobeying me, or when it's time to charge. I don't see the point of the archery formation, though.
    Having the archers in formation makes the arrow rain more dense.

I have my archers in formation as close to each other as possible and have them hold fire to release an uber volley.
    I have my cav at the side and let them charge if the enemey closes in on my archers.
    And my mounted cav I have running circles.
    No footsoldiers
  4. LilJur

3.8 Balance Suggestion

InstantBlade said:
    There are too many horses in Pendor.

Every faction and minor faction has horses and horsemen everywhere. It's simply too much and detracts from the fun of the game and the strategy aspects of the game (IMO). I find myself fielding mostly cavalry because even with the slight extra cost, it is the best type of unit to have on the field, hands down.
    This, in my opinion, makes us rush to ever more powerful units and mostly horsemen lines, in order to be able to both resist the cavalry charges of the enemy and quickly reach their archer lines (i.e. Noldor).

It isn't necessary, and it also makes a pretty nasty dificulty (PoP in general) become much easier when you have a good small-medium team of horse companions and knights.
    If you want to have a balanced army, you can, sure. But then you ~will~ experiment that PoP difficulty head on, experience a lot of casualties, and simply not be as effective as with a horse-focused army.

Heck. Bandits have horses, low-life bandits as well. And that wouldn't be too bad, but some of them, despite having bad mounts and low armor, hit hard enough to be a problem.
    So if you go with a - mostly - infantry and archer army, you will spend 95% of your fights dealing with cavalry charges. Again, and again, and again.
    It's funny the first, say, 100 times, but then it gets old.

Cheers.

PS: This mod has been one of my favorite mods since M&B (original), a long long time ago. But only now I've noticed that everyone in Pendor rides.
    PPS: A LOT, and I do mean a lotty lot of the Fierdsvain troops now ride horses. What the heck?...
    PPPS: What the guy ^ above ^ said. +1 (EDIT: To make things clear. I'm not being omfgromplstompped by the enemy, quite the contrary, but I am 'forced' to use old style M&B tactics. Remember when you could just get only horsemen with Swadia and crush all opposition? Yeah, those lame days).
    Exactly, to many horses.
    Horses should be more rare for factions that don't have horse riding as a culture.
    Factions like Sarleon, Fierdsvain and the Empire should have less horses. Those are all inspired by factions that were more infantry based (espiaclly the Empire as it is based upon the roman army!)
    There weren't that many knights. Most armies excisted of plain infantry. Maybe knights could become stronger but less in numbers?
    I think it would also make for more intresting and tactical gameplay
  5. LilJur

3.8 Balance Suggestion

My suggestion: cut down the caverly in minor factions
    It doesn't fit with the realism the game is going for by having mostly only nobles on horses.
    Which is a good thing, because that's how it's supposed to be.
    But bandits who just run you over with horses? Doesn't seem right.
    Alright, the Jatu are an exeption to this. But I faced armies of 800 Mystmountain which consisted out of 500 horses.
    That's not enjoyable to play but also it's just plain unrealistic.
    Just look at it; us players have a hard time getting good caverly, if we don't have a castle (which you probably won't for atleast 100 days) you're stuck with riders from D'Shar en Ravenstern. Which aren't that good... But a group of bandits can just run you over
  6. LilJur

Knighthood order gone?

DarkTemplar said:
    So you are saying that you didnt go to Senderfall before in that whole playthrough to check whether you got the right order or not? I cannot blame you, but every time something new pops up, like "hey, there will be a random order in this and this city", I would go there and see if its any good or exploitable/worth remembering. The 2 cities that I know about with random orders are Senderfall and Avendor, so go check Avendor, silvers might have moved there... or its only for EG, Im not sure.
    Immortals in Senderfall and bugged party names are 2 inconsistent things in this version, hard to fix, hard to catch. For future games be sure to always check things before accepting them for granted, I dont have any other ideas.
    I did go to Senderfall before. I though it was weird to see a Mortal and Immortal in the castle and not regular faction guards.
    But at that point I wasn't really known with the Knighthood Orders and where they are supposed to be
  7. LilJur

Few weird Kingdom things

Sorry, should have said the whole message.
    The rest of the message goes "The edict should be completed in 30 days. Because your nobility holds x% power, it is decreased by x days".
  8. LilJur

Knighthood order gone?

thermocline said:
    Silvermists spawning in Senderfall is random.

Lords can found chapters of KOs on their own, but a non-Empire lord shouldn't found Immortals. Weird.

Regardless, please use the "quick questions" thread for stuff like this.
    I did. That's why I started this tread because like you stated yourself, there shouldn't be Immortals in Senderfall and I haven't seen this in any of the questions/anwsers yet
  9. LilJur

Knighthood order gone?

After 150 days I finally managed to get everything I need to join a Knighthood Order. I always had my eyes set on the Silvermist Rangers. So I go to Senderfall... And they aren't there. Now, as I read on the wiki, it is possible that the Silvermist rangers do not have a chapter, am I correct...
  10. LilJur

Few weird Kingdom things

It's not about the letter of approval but about more privileges which doesn't +10.

The edicts I tried so far are:
    Establish a council of noblemen
    Prohibit other religions
    Appoint officials in towns
    Establish a council of commoners

Each time I do one it says:
    As you wish your majesty. Please I need to inform you that we cannot issue or revoke another edict now.

But if I talk to him after it, I can issue another straigth away and there is nothing to revoke.

But I heard 4.0 is on it's way and it won't be save compatible. So I think I'll just wait until it's here (heard it has some nice features) because I either have to get rid of my vassals to make money, which will make me weak when I'm at war, or I'll just lose 30.000 every week
  11. LilJur

Dev Blog 3: Prophesy of Pendor 3.8 -1/15/17- CHANGELOG ADDED

Those armors look great!
    But Bannerlord is said to go early acces before the end of the year... Does that mean the update is coming soon?
  12. LilJur

Few weird Kingdom things

Yes I am.
    I made huge profit when I only had Matheld as a vassal. But with more vassals and thus the corruption, everything went south.
    I tried conquering more. But I've been at war with both the Rhodoks and the Vaegir for 100 days.
    The Vaegir didn't seem to bother with me for 90 days. But the Rhodok kept coming after the castles I took from them.
    At a certain point I was defending a siege with 160 troops against an army of 900 Rhodoks. I did with, but with heavy casualties.
    By the time I rebuilt my army, they took another shot. And it went on like that.
    At a certain point I decided to make my way to Jalkele to take over the city and the castle next to it. But only 2 of my vassals responded to my call and they only had armies of 50 troops...
    It was enough for the siege, I could use them as fodder while my archer took out the wall. But during the siege my vassals got in a battle so I had to help them which made me cancel the siege because after the battle they barely had any troops left... And the Vaegir decided to finally join the war and capture my strongest vassal with 170 troops.
    Shortly after they both asked for peace on the same day so I agreed so I could build an army.

It came to my though to maybe attack a small faction, with less vassals like the Papal or the Horde. But it seems 3000 troops are defending the last castle of the horde.
    So getting castles and town isn't very easy at the moment.

I gave 2 vassals privileges at the same time.
    But just like the edicts, they don't seem to have any effect.
    What only seems to increase the points of anything is the send gifts
  13. LilJur

Few weird Kingdom things

Here's a screenshot of mainly my expenses.
    My profits are simply 4 castle's and 3 villages ranging from 9.500 to 10.450
    And trade tariffs of 20.475
    mb2_zpskrswbug3.jpg
    My corruption has lowered this week but basicly, as you can see, I'm having negative profit only because of that.

As for 1.
    That does make sense yes. But only for the -5 at the end of the week. Not the random -4 (just figured out it's always -4).
    But it doesn't make sense for all vassals. I could imagine a lord that doesn't get along with the king would decrease in relationship each week.
    But I think that if you reach a certain relationship, it shouldn't. For example, my companion vassal has a relationship of 80 towards me but she still decreases. Doesn't really make sense for someone who likes me to decrease in relationship.
    And maybe some more ways to increase relationships would be nice. Spending 10.000 per lord each week gets expensive.
    Btw, does the "give more privilges" affect anything else than the relationship?

2. Haven't really experienced this in the original game but never got my own kingdom there, only a vassal.
    However, I figured out (after kicking one of my vassals out) that if I give the castle to myself, I can give the village as a fief

3. but that doesn't make sense.
    As you can see from the screenshot, with that calculation my corruption should be 10.000 lower.
    0 kings purse times 5 is 0. 10% clergy times 2500 is 25.000. So that makes 50.000 - 25.000.
    Or should the clergy be higher to have any effect?
    Also, is it true, as in the beginning with my kingdom, having a companion as vassal doesn't make any corruption? Because with only her as vassal I had no corruption.
    But basicly, I should keep my purse low and clergy high and commoners high to have the most profit?

Another thing; these edicts, what do they do?
    I invoke an edict, I lose money, it says I can't invoke or revoke another edict for a certain amount of days.
    But nothing changes, I can instantly invoke another edict and I can't revoke anything
  14. LilJur

Few weird Kingdom things

So I finaly managed to get my self a kingdom. Currently I own 4 castles and 4 vassals. In the beginning everything was fine. I had my whole counsil and 1 vassal, one of my companions. Money rolled like crazy and relationship with my vassal was very high But after 3 others joined things started...
  15. LilJur

The colors are all messed up

Everything was dark and dull?
    This is not what I experienced.
    I had to delete the enbseries.ini because it made everthing extremly bright. All my highlights were blown out. It was even so bad that I couldn't battle in snow because I couldn't see anything
Back
Top Bottom