Recent content by Lav

1. Lav

Warband Refined & Enhanced Compiler Kit (v1.0.0 @ Mar 01, 2015)

Are some files not deleted that you believe should be? Or are some extra files created? Because the only python files WRECK creates are ID_*.py. It is possible to tell WRECK to generate those files with non-standard names by changing write_id_files config variable in module_info.py but I reckon that's something that you would remember doing. :smile:
  2. Lav

Developer Blog

Not much of it yet,  I currently spend more time on development tools than on the development itself, though that's going to change a bit later.  :smile:
  3. Lav

First, you're using a totally ancient version of W.R.E.C.K. It's not even called W.R.E.C.K. yet. :smile: There were a number of bugs fixed since 0.5.3, so you really should upgrade.

Though your current issue has nothing to do with that. Your problem is that while there might be "harkon_sword" in module_items.py, it doesn't mean there's already itm_harkon_sword defined in ID_items.py file. It will appear there after a successful compilation, but for a compilation to succeed you shouldn't use that reference directly in module code until you successfully compile your module at least once.

You should be able to use "itm_harkon_sword" or itm.harkon_sword instead. The second is WRECK syntax sugar though, so it's not an option if you wish to retain compatibility with original compiler. Apart from that, remove itm_harkon_sword from troop definition, compile once, and then you can use it normally.
  4. Lav

Developer Blog

Okay, I'm back with a vengeance. :smile:

Awfully sorry for long absence.

I'll be dealing with the accumulated backlog until the end of week.
  5. Lav

Just a small notification that I'm back with a vengeance. :smile:

Awfully sorry for long absence.

I'll be working on bugs in WRECK soon, need to deal with the backlog first.

Also expect WRECK 2.0 in some not so distant future (I'm already working on it and it's ~50% done). It's a major re-write, with lots of planned small features like 100% ModMerger compatibility and 100% WRECK features availability from the get go, without any extra tinkering. Obviously, support for all WRECK 1.0 features is a given, though some of them will be marked for future deprecation.
  6. Lav

How to change Presentation screens?

When player meets a party on the global map, game usually executes "script_game_event_party_encounter". This script is where it's determined what menu/presentation to show.
  7. Lav

Skiping the Warband intro

When player clicks on a "Start game" option, the following process happens:

1. Warband proceeds to menu item "start_game_0". This behavior is hardcoded.
    2. Module code asks player a number of questions to generate player's character biography and starting stats.
    3. Module code opens character screen for player for the first time.
    4. When character screen is opened for the first time, Warband forces the player to generate his character, distributing the points and generating a face. This behavior is hardcoded.
    5. After character generation is complete, Warband automatically proceeds to menu item "start_phase_2". Again, this behavior is hardcoded.
    6. Module code then asks player where he wishes to start the game, teleports him to appropriate town and starts the tutorial quest.

So essentially, if you want to get rid of the tutorial quest, find "start_phase_2" menu in the module_game_menus.py and trace the code from there. By that time player's character is already created and finalized, so you just need to remove the starting mission and simply drop player's party in the vicinity of whatever town he chooses. Or do something else depending on your mod's needs.
  8. Lav

Text Files

Morgh's editor should be able to do that. Get it from the Tools sub-forum.
  9. Lav

What are the sound triggers in M&B warband?

Technically, the module_sounds.py is the file containing all sound "triggers" - most entries there are referenced by the engine and used in appropriate situations. Apart from this, you can use some triggers or workarounds to play certain sounds in certain situations, but your freedom here is pretty limited.
  10. Lav

How does a units level affect its stats?

Level 1 troop will always have stats as defined in the module file. Higher level troops may have increased stats if defined values are too low. Define a few troops with zero stats and varying levels to see the progression that the game uses.

Oh, and hps. Higher level means more hit points.
  11. Lav

I need help! How can i add custom sound to M&B Warband?

Note that Warband has 4 different throwing sounds, for thrown axes, javelins, knives and stones. Game will identify what sound to play depending on item's itcf_throw_* flag. So, for example, you can remove all darts/javelins and use this subcategory for fireballs, which will allow you to associate whatever sound you wish with them.

After all, if your mod is going to have fireballs, surely you can get by with just 3 thrown item sub-types instead of 4? :smile:
  12. Lav

How to add new sounds to game ?

You will need module system to add sounds properly. Doing this via txt-editing is a bit tricky and pretty limited in scope.
  13. Lav

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Life_Erikson said:
    Does anybody know what exactly itp_secondary/itp_primary do?
    In my experience, weapons which are marked with itp_secondary only, cannot be equipped at all. No idea why, but it seems the choice is between declaring item as itp_primary or itp_primary|itp_secondary.

I also searched long and hard for effects of these flags, but everything I found was extremely inconclusive.
  14. Lav

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Essentially, copy languages/en/ui.csv file to Modules/<YourModule>/languages/en/ui.csv, find ui_upgrade_to_value parameter and change it however you wish (retaining %-markers so the engine will know where to put troop name and upgrade price).
  15. Lav

Image doesn't load for some reason, can you re-upload it?
Back
Top Bottom