Recent content by Fr0z3nW1ngs

1. Resolved Parties randomly loosing troops

To make sure, could you check if it happens on our current build as well?

I can indeed, and i will update this thread with video if it happens!
  2. Resolved Parties randomly loosing troops

Hi.
    Yesterday i updated to 1.5.4 beta. Didn't play after updating, but today i reverted to 1.5.2 to frecord the problem.
    All 3 issues i mentioned has not been reproduced within the past 3 hours. I played like normal, but all the issues seems to be gone.
    I'm gonna keep playing and see if it happens, but seems like there was some (corrupted) file issues before.
    Should have tried to verify steam files before reporting the problem.
    But right now, updating and reverting seems to have fixed the issues. Checked 5 different savefiles and none can reproduce the problems.
  3. Resolved Parties randomly loosing troops

Can you upload your save file to upload.taleworlds.com? Please paste the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.

Done :smile:
  4. Resolved Parties randomly loosing troops

So i've noticed quite a few time lately that my 3 allied parties are losing around 2/5 of their troops at random while in my army. I've had them around for long, and without combat they just all of a sudden drop 2/5 of their troops. It happens by just roaming the map or waiting anywhere. Hard...
  5. Resolved No extra companion from Reeve

you dont have to be QM tho. the bonus from that, under the "i" button- the bonus troops, is automatically added i think because none of the perks are implemented yet. noticed that when using clan parties. you can set them-companions- to whatever you want since they are the lead of their own party. noticed this with the brother, who has i think a 140 in steward, he has the same amount of troops whether he is assigned as the QM of his party or not. same goes for your main character, you have the same amount of troops whether or not assigned as QM, you just get the bonus troops.
    i will normally assign my character as surgeon till i get to 25 in medicine for the hp boost, then switch back and forth between surgeon and scout so that i can raise those 2 skills--- even tho none of the scout perks, well all cunning related perks are not implemented yet, tho we still get the bonuses listed under the "i" button for being higher in those skills

True that you don't have to be QM to lvl it up, but it increases the speed significantly.
    I tried "juggling" QM and Scout/Surgeon to see the EXP difference, with INT lvl 5 and Steward with 4 boost points.
    Early on when i reached 100 daily morale, i got around 1,5 lvl every day for about 10 days while being QM (1-2 lvls daily), and it took 3-4 days without QM to get the same exp. (This was with juggling between being QM for 3-4 days then swapping it).

I even saved the game. Went QM and basically skipped through 10 days. Got myself 17 lvls.
    Reloaded the game. Went for something else for 10 days, and got 5 lvls.

There is indeed no need to go QM to "boost" the lvling, but with the build i wanted to go for with 12+ companions and grinding cash from owning cities, i wanted it to go as fast as possible. I currently own 4 cities + 1 castle and if the perks for Steward worked, i would have had 13 companion (+5), 20% more income from cities + villages, faster village growth and a bigger party size for every vassal.

My entire build was ment for this, and because i had been given no information about this (noone should have to deep dive the forums to find these things), i wasted so much time training steward. I could have had lvl 200 in medicine or engineering (even tho engineering also isn't implemented yet, the speed boost of building is really nice siege towers are nice).

And about that you can set clan member to a role in their vassal is so fresh that i don't even think they have planned to make it work within the next few months.
    I tested their growth aswell in their own vassal, and didn't increase/decrease when i forced them to be in my army for 10+ days. (Forced them in my army to make sure they did exactly the same for those 10 days)
    Did the same save, go 10 days with QM, reload and repeat without them having something set for 10 days
  6. Resolved No extra companion from Reeve

Grinding steward? Steward levels equal fast to scouting. just have the food diverse as possible.
    But yes, the Perks are not working, got me cold too.

Being the quartermaster, and having the highest morale possible + good food variety gives the fastest lvling.
    This includes fighting over trading and other strategies early on, as fights gives smaller morale boosts. (I took every possible fight).
    I spent all time possible having the highest morale possible. My scouting is at lvl 76 while stewart is 224 lol.
  7. Resolved No extra companion from Reeve

This is something to expect when a game is in early access. During development it is fairly common that code changes in location A can have repercussions in location B. With the end result being that something that worked earlier is suddenly broken or has to be re-implemented.

That said i do believe xRePeNTaNCe makes a very valid point here regarding marking skills as unimplemented. It shouldn't be complex to mark skills as not implemented and display this information to the player. If nothing else i believe the time invested in such a (temporally) measure would pay itself back entirely by generating less reports from players related to skills that aren't implemented yet. At least i would suggest linking the "Comprehensive List of Implemented Perks (1.5.2 main branch and 1.5.3 beta)" thread in the "Known Issues" sticky in this forum, because as of current the known issues sticky does not seem to mention non implemented skill trees.

My point is that i expect changes to happen, and don't mind it. But i do mind when they change something without giving any information about it.
    They could easely as xRePeNTaNCe say be noted somewhere.
    When patch notes comes out it should give information about "All changes", as of now the entrire skill tree is being ignored except when adjustments to each individual perk are made.

Me playing 50 hours on patch 1.3.1, is used to how the game worked at that time, and at that time half the perks in stewart worked.
    I came back to patch 1.5.1 and read through all the patch notes and not a single place does it say "Hey. Stewart perks doesn't work"
    Everything else the patch notes say i will be able to adjust towards, and everything it doesn't say, i don't expect changes.
    Me then going into the game expecting the patch notes to be all that is different, and play as if steward stil works.
    It's by random that i joined here to report bugs, and got to see that alot more is going on behind the scenes with patches, than what is said.
    Players that doesn't come here wont know that some perks doesn't work, and might think their game is bugged/broken, thus not bothering to continue playing. (There is a fan made website tracking what perks works, but for the love of god that is not how it is supposed to be)
    Imagine grinding 100 hours for something that isn't "implemented" (it is but currently disabled/not working), to realize it was all for nothing, and the devs could have saved you that time by just telling you in the patch notes or ingame.

I don't wanna have to come here to see what has really changed, when the patch notes should tell me, and atm i'm not playing because i can't be bothered playing another 100 hours to reach the same dissapointment.
    Probably wont be back till patch 1.6.3 or 1.7.1.

My entire gameplan of grinding steward as hard as possible to get the benefits, turned out to be a huge waste of time, and i would have played the entire game differently if i knew steward active perks didn't work.

I hope you understand my frustration, and as i've played alot of Early Access games i know what to expect.
    But i also expect the devs to tell me what has changed, and inform me about what can be done, and what is a waste of time.
  8. Resolved No extra companion from Reeve

I've played the game since release, and some of the perks were implemented but removed.
    I understand that things are changing for the better, but removing perks that hasn't changed, and not giving any information about it kinda takes away some of the fun. I have 100 hours in a run were i can't even use the build i've gone for, cuz they decided to remove it...
  9. Resolved No extra companion from Reeve

Thank you for the answere!
    Love the game despite things not working/implemented yet :smile:
  10. Resolved No extra companion from Reeve

Finnaly got to lvl 200 in stewart and activated Reeve for an extra companion but didn't get the companion slot.
  11. Resolved Lvl bar info is messed up

My lvl bar info shows an insane amount of skillpoints when in reality it's nothing close to it. It also gives negative requirement for lvling up when it reaches above 97-99%. I've tried to verify my files on steam, but din't help. Computer Specs: OS: Windows 1909 (18363. 1082) GPU: Gigabyte...
Back
Top Bottom