Recent content by FiftyTifty

1. FiftyTifty

[Modding] Adding custom units to settlement recruitment pools, & bandit parties?

I like how that section isn't visible in the main forum view. Really odd.
  2. FiftyTifty

[Modding] Adding custom units to settlement recruitment pools, & bandit parties?

There's no modding subforum, strangely enough, so I'm posting this here. In the past, I used ATC Troop Changer as a requirement for my Diverse Troops And Bandits mod, which added female variants of every troop. But, apparently, there have been features added to the engine that make it much...
  3. FiftyTifty

Where's this "hope" stuff coming from?

This update would have been appropriate, if it was released within the first couple months of Bannerlord's release. You know, fixing the most basic ****.

Such as sieges. In a game about fighting battles. With castles. And towns. And sieges.
  4. FiftyTifty

How many Days?

Development hell is great for income, apparently. Punt out a tech demo, do **** all with it for years, and people will still flock to it. 7 Days To Die, Star Citizen, Project Zomboid, ARK, and yes, Bannerlord.
  5. FiftyTifty

PartyTemplates.xml - Nested OR operator

Currently, there is no way to pick between multiple entries. Instead, you have a % chance to spawn a troop in a party, with no actual flow control. To add variety, we need an OR operator for the XML. For example: <MBPartyTemplate id="sea_raiders_boss_party_template" > <stacks>...
  6. FiftyTifty

Integrating New Troops?

Right, so in vanilla, there's no way to change the troops hired by settlements. It requires a mod for this basic functionality: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/286?tab=description

As for changing the parties used by cultures, you can't add variants. You need to override the culture directly, and point it to your ONE new party template. This is utterly worthless for modding.
  7. FiftyTifty

Integrating New Troops?

Spent the past couple days creating female variants of every main faction's troops, and I'm now at a loss as there's no real information on how to do this. So far, I've done: Created new templates for each race, using the NPCCharacters XML. Gave each template a unique ID Created duplicates of...
  8. FiftyTifty

Modding in C# feels incredibly boring and tedious.

What TaleWorlds ought to do, is instead of C# .dlls having to rely on Harmony, just have the game compile and load .cs files at runtime instead. Source code for mods should be freely available, as others can build off of it, and incorporate it into other mods. We gotta build a cathedral as a community, rather than individual modders just having their wee parlour. The modding communities for Morrowind and Oblivion vs Skyrim and Fallout 4 demonstrate that: http://wryemusings.com/Cathedral vs. Parlor.html

As for C#, there's nothing out of the ordinary for scripting languages in it. It's really no different than Pascal, and scripting languages also have variable type declarations. The ones that don't, have horrific performance that rule them out for any serious real-time applications. Moreover, declaring your variable types is a great safety check for when you've ****ed up and using math on the wrong data type.
  9. FiftyTifty

Modding in C# feels incredibly boring and tedious.

You can't even load a text file into memory with Lua, and extremely slow if not using the latest LUA JIT compiler. Python is slow as all hell and a janky mess. Don't get me started on Ruby.

C# Is a much better choice. I learned how to program just by making a couple lines of code for the Skyrim TES5Edit modding tool. It used Delphi, the syntax being designed by the same guy that did C#'s. It was very easy to switch to that without any prior experience with the language.

The main problem with C# is the garbage collector. It causes stutters all the bloody time, so we have to hope TaleWorlds is competent enough to handle it properly. Eight years of work and with what they've come up with, though, isn't instilling confidence.
  10. FiftyTifty

Resolved Party - Manually sorted groups do not persist across saves

Summary: In Mount & Blade: Warband, you were able to manually sort your units into groups. So rather than having group 1 always be infantry, you could have them be archers. Or be your companions. Or a mix of troops. Same with group 2, group 3, etc. Bannerlord has the same functionality, with...
  11. FiftyTifty

Joining The Raven Spear?

Sheogorath25 said:
    Order knights (where an order is present)  replace the castle/keep guards.  In order to join you will need ten honor and then head to the citys castle and enter, pn either side of the inner door are the order members.  Fyi there is a stickied thread for quick questions like these for next time.

Sweet, thanks for that. And aye, there is a thread for that, but having a single thread for questions is absolutely awful. Much better to have threads for questions, as they're easier to search for and come across.
  12. FiftyTifty

Joining The Raven Spear?

According to the wiki, this Raven Spear order can be found in Poinsbruk, but I can't find any NPC that allows me to join them. Where are these gits hiding?
  13. FiftyTifty

Perisno Mod Bug Reports

Leonion said:
    Old faces are just textures. Meshes are not involved in any way, afaik.

It's pretty rare for organic textures to be done solely in Photoshop. To get decent textures (no seams, minimal stretching, minimal pixelation), and to get normal maps that aren't absolutely awful:

Take quad mesh
    Unwrap the UV's if not already done
    Subdivide the bejeesus out of it
    Apply tileable texture
    Sculpt in veins, muscles, bones, wrinkles, etc.
    Paint colours directly onto the mesh
    Projection paint (like decals, but the images directly overlapping the diffuse)
    Export the sculpted mesh
    Export it's diffuse map
    Generate normals for the low-poly quad mesh from the high-poly sculpt
    Et voila.

If there are no bodies and heads modeled in quads, it's a nightmare; you have to create an identical mesh from scratch - polygons, skinning, and the UV map.

Plus I've listened to "grass" sound which is more like "earth" sound. Doesn't fit castles either, imo.
    Plus you said footsteps are silent. Leave them silent then. Why do you need this clanking in the first place?
    It took me just a couple of minutes of tests to get annoyed by it.

You're annoyed by characters having footsteps? For me, it's the opposite. Having characters with hulking frames making nary a peep when they move is jarring. It's a right immersion killer once you notice it, if you ask me.

If it's not possible to edit the footstep sounds, I'd say that the tavern at least should have the bottom floor changed to a wooden one. Stone just don't sound like a hollow crate.

If it possible, I went and extracted 5 individual footsteps & 1 landing sound from one of my Foley folders: https://mega.nz/#!vtFl1DrS!KHReZ5HI9D_OWIiz4QjJx-iah-LZlh5IJyqiZ4uko1Y

MajinCry said:
    I'm using the latest build, so it might be a bit different than to what you've got running?
    Definitely no.
    Sounds are one of those things that are edited very rarely. :smile:

To summarize:
    1) There is little I can do about sounds in module system.
    2) I really can't hear any problems in sound balance, so I'm not gonna try and fix the issue I can't detect.
    Most people here don't have an exceptional hearing.
    [/quote]

It's not really an issue of exceptional hearing, it's that people have the volume turned waaaaay down because the weapon sounds are insanely loud, so things such as the UI, footsteps, horse hooves, world map gallop, etc., are inaudible. Folks don't know those sounds are even being played.

Hell, audio works wonders for immersion. It's the most neglected facet of games, when it can do so much. It's what I've consistently modded into Bethesda's games post-Morrowind.

On a side note, though...
    :dead:
    Is it just me, or travel_rhodok and ambushed_by_swadian are absolutely UNBEARABLE?
    In my game, I turned off music completely just to never hear them.
    They almost make my ears bleed.

P.P.S. I just remembered I saw old female faces in some OSP (or was it just a pack for personal use?), but they had some weird compression my GIMP couldn't handle and were bigger in size than they should be (170KBs).

There are a whole bunch of DXT1-DXT5 .dds compression methods. Probably used one of the more obscure ones so Gimped flipped out.
  14. FiftyTifty

Perisno Mod Bug Reports

Leonion said:
    MajinCry said:
    1. Yeah, we need somebody who could paint them.  :smile:
    2. :shock: Is there even a stone collision sound? I visited several wooden/stone castles and taverns, then lunched Native and tested it in Native - sounds all the same to me. Native sound is different from Perisno sound, but there is no difference between wood and stone. And I've never heard of any setting that sets the type of material the floor uses.
    3. :shock: Never encountered it, never heard of it.
    4. :shock: Never noticed any imbalance, never read any reports about one.
    Plus music loudness as well as sound loudness can be changed in game settings, separately from each other.

Never tried to paint textures before, but hell, if the quad models are available I could try; triangulated models are impossible to get good sculpts from. And no, there isn't a stone collision sound as far as I know, the grass footsteps (which are kinda not-grassy sounding) would suffice. The wood footstep sound is wildly different from the grass footstep sound, probably just weren't able to hear the sounds actually play.

The game can obviously differentiate between texture collision types, so I wonder how that's done. I'd hazard a guess that it's inside the material file, or in the part of the .brf that points to the model's textures.

I'm using the latest build, so it might be a bit different than to what you've got running? Started a fresh game, chose a female character, and spawned in Maccavia.

And yeah, music and sound loudness can be interchanged, but there aren't sliders for the different types of sound effects. Footsteps, weapon collisions, weapon whooshes, battle cries, horse neighs, hooves, etc., would be better with their own sliders.

On the subject of footstep sounds, I've got a huge collection of royalty free sound effects. Lemme see if I can find a few decent ones.
  15. FiftyTifty

Perisno Mod Bug Reports

This mod was one of the top 10 on the Warband reddit, so I figured I'd go and give it a whirl. Found a few bugs right off the bat:

1. The female face textures do not have an old variant. Adjusting the age slider just causes the hair to have whiteness, with the slider close to max.

2. At the town of Maccan, the inn's collision sounds are bugged; The stone floor plays the wood footstep collision sounds, as do the beds.

3. When you enter/leave a town or village, the campaign camera will reset; it'll be fully zoomed in on the player. Possibly a vanilla bug?

4. The loudness of the sounds are all over the place. Music is extremely loud, footsteps are extremely quiet, attack sounds are deafeningly loud, the UI click is inaudible. I used Audacity's automated file editing feature, Chains, to increase the volume of ~170 of the sounds, but some are still much quieter than others, as well those same sounds being quieter than when they are played through MPC-HC. Get it here: https://mega.nz/#!H1VTXS5Y!YREPU3HHk0MwK4-vsOf4L888Vl_j8adxlPzmub2wBsM
Back
Top Bottom