Recent content by Doofus

1. Open Campaign map siege targeting is stupid

Agreed, Ananda. The AI in the interior of the castle/town is atrocious, pretty much on both sides. I hate that I will break in on one side, just to see my soldiers leave the area. Then the next group of reinforcements will go to the other side instead of coming to where they have free entry. Then the enemy just takes it back the side I broke through..

I usually just attack on ladders with overwhelming numbers. Once the garrison troops go down, the militia is just paper soldiers. But I want to bring down the enemy siege weapons before attacking.
  2. Open Campaign map siege targeting is stupid

As an additional note, if you build siege towers; which clearly indicates you plan to go over the walls, not through them; the guns still focus on destroying the walls rather than the guns that are killing them.

Regarding your suggestions, I agree a court system/messenger system would be a big improvement. Other clans get mercenaries easily, but once you become leader, you don't have the time to contact mercenary leaders. They should have a contact in your court or you should be able to message them. Also, quite frankly, when I am regularly leading armies for the never-ending wars, I don't have time to track down other lords to ask them to join me. There should be a system where either I should be able to message them or, when a small, dying empire has less territories than lords, they should be able to contact you at your court for them to propose joining your empire.
  3. Open Campaign map siege targeting is stupid

When ever I besiege a town/castle on the campaign map the targeting of the guns is totally idiotic. They spend about 75% of the time trying to destroy the walls, rather than trying to destroy the guns that are targeting them. Think about this...if you are trying to break into someone's house...
  4. Open Remove Debasement or adjust the non-culture penalty.

When a town is taken over by a noble that doesn't match the town culture and Debasement of the Currency is in place, that town is destined to rebel, unless it is owned by the player and they can put a governor in place that matches the culture (even then it is difficult). A town owned by a...
  5. In Progress After leaving a player-created kingdom, the ruling clan copies the player clan flag.

Wasn't aware of that. Yes, once you leave a kingdom, it makes no sense to have them change their banner to match yours when you aren't even there.
  6. In Progress After leaving a player-created kingdom, the ruling clan copies the player clan flag.

I kind of feel that once a kingdom exists (whether starting kingdom or created kingdom) their Coat of Arms/flag should stay the same whether the ruler changes or not. In the U.S. we get different rulers, but the flag stays the same. On the other hand, I do think that the ruling clan's Coat of Arms should not change to the ruling kingdom's.. You have remained the same family whether you stay ruler or not.
  7. Children names?

No worries. As I said, A) I find it amusing and B) while it doesn't bother me, it should be fixed.
  8. Children names?

Found it amusing that in this play through my first 2 children's names, from the same wife, were both 'Urien'. Not a bug, but definitely poor programming that they can't add a command that basically says "If this name equals other child's name reroll new name". TBH, I don't even mind, but it...
  9. Need More Info Losing mass amounts of troops after siege

Quite frankly, I find reassigning prisoners to my companions parties & mine, & getting rid of excess to be the most time consuming, Particularly when I don't have a fief near the battle lines to dump lords in. Selling goods doesn't take long. If you are talking end-game, I assume you are the ruler. So the garrison isn't a problem, it makes it easier to justify taking troops I want for my party.to strengthen my party as well as my companions. Also, I generally have an army of about 1k-1200. I'm lucky f they donate 150-200 to the garrison total. I don't recall ever seeing 400+ donated to a new town/castle. Occasionally when necessary I might have an army of 1500, but if my army is too big it prevents the other lords from doing anything, even if all they do is be a nuisance to the remaining enemy. Not sure why you need an army of 2k+..
  10. Resolved My king doesn't give any castles to me

When you join a kingdom, You become eligible to be voted on for a settlement/holding. But settlements are awarded based on the votes of all the lords in a kingdom. If you are the only lord without a settlement, usually the lords will vote to give you one. But in the instance you gave above, another lord within the kingdom also did not have a settlement. So the lords voted to give the settlement to the other lord, who has been in the kingdom longer, than to give it to you.

The next time a settlement is taken, if all the other lords have settlements, then it will likely be voted to be given to you. That was what Marda meant by a second vote. Really, she meant next vote. Be aware though that if an enemy kingdom takes a settlement from your kingdom and the lord no longer has a settlement its possible it could be voted to be given to the lord that just lost one. Or if an NPC lord without a holding joins the kingdom before the next vote. You might get it, but its possible the other lord might instead.
  11. Need More Info Losing mass amounts of troops after siege

I suppose it should probably be an option for your own family/companions, but... You say you are trying to take over the kingdom, but if there's nothing in the garrison a single party of 50 troops can take it over. You are just making it easier for the kingdom you are trying to take over to take it back. Plus you are inducing other kingdoms, some not even next to you (which is stupid) to declare war on you. I got real annoyed when other lords in my kingdom refused to donate to settlements owned by me, even when I was the ruler and they had just taken over the castle/town. I'm glad they fixed that.
  12. In Progress After leaving a player-created kingdom, the ruling clan copies the player clan flag.

I've noticed that when I am part of a kingdom and the ruler dies; then I become ruler, my clan's flag becomes that of the previous ruler as well.
  13. Resolved Odokh militia refuses to participate

Since this has been a while and wasn't a regular problem, I couldn't confirm fixed or not. However, I thought I'd mention you advised it is fixed, but the thread status is still 'in progress'. You might want to update the status.
  14. Resolved No Garrison

Yep, fix working & its definitely a plus. Thank you.
  15. In Progress Siege engines not showing up on the walls in the campaign map.

Actually, I'll change what I said previously. It used to be if you zoomed in or looked from a different angle you could see them. Now you can't. The only way to know what siege engines are there is to zoom in enough to see the health of them.
Back
Top Bottom