Recent content by Consul_Kaiser

1. Consul_Kaiser

Patch Notes v1.2.9

At the rate we are going i would expect 1.3 to be the last meaningful update till Christmas this year.
  2. Consul_Kaiser

Been almost 5 months since the last substantial update

Is this game dead? Where are the Devs? Why has there been zero communication to us? I don't understand
  3. Consul_Kaiser

Seriously when is the next update?

Basically Roadmap and goals havent exactly been TW trademark in my experience.

They seem to be very anti-date.
    I'm thinking its a "culture thing" perhaps?

I personally think that the core-problem is that when they made Warband it was in the very first version 3 ppl involved makeing it.
    Not sure if the 2nd variant was more staff.

The thing I think is maybe something the head of studio fail to get though, is that maybe he isnt suited for manageing big groups like this.
    Perhaps he's better at other aspects.
    There is a huge difference between manageing 3 or 30 ppl to manage 100+(I've managed about 200 ppl split on 3 shifts 24/7 call-centre).
    And it was a huge step-up from manageing just my own team first (4 pp) to then be daytime shift wtih about 125 and co-ordinate it with the other leaders etc.

I also think that perhaps they fear that there is more "disappointment" if they give us dates, and they cant manage it.

Then you have overall during the whole process from Beta and beyond that their skill at communication is horrible.

While its great they post on other platforms etc, it still needs to be up front and center on this forums primarily, not everyone uses other platforms etc.

Sometimes you find some tid bit of a nugget of gold information on a bug report on page 4.. which when you see it - why isnt this frontpage news..

But overall the adventure of compareing this games development vs BG3 by Larian was nite and day.
    Larian is great at communicating, giveing feedback on our questions.
    Sometimes saying wow thats a great idea, we'll try to do that, or we dont like that so you'll need to mod it in for yourself, or it will cost to much money/effort.
    In the time since this patch we're on now in Bannerlord vs BG3.. Larian have published atleast 2 could be 3 mayor updates, with several qol improvements(not just bugfixes) they've also added in several patches to fix bugs etc(performance aswell).

I'm speculating though, but I wonder if there is any lights on at this studio though? beside a skeleton crew.
    The economic situation in Turkey isnt ideal ehem. Inflation is heavy 68% last I checked so that could mess things up good aswell for running any type of business.
    While i agree with what you are saying its almost impossible to compare studios to Larian because frankly they've set the bar so high practically no one can compete with them. Their love of making quality games with the best characters and stories is second to none. But yes the comms situation at TW is without a doubt one of the worst I've ever seen from a gaming company
  4. Consul_Kaiser

Seriously when is the next update?

I don't understand how it takes close to 5 months to pump out an update for this game? I mean, every other studio from EA, Paradox, Activsion, Arrowhead, Ubisoft, Offworld, you name it, can produce updates at twice this speed and i dont understand why. There have over 100+ employees so they...
  5. Consul_Kaiser

Revert back to the Warband System for Formations/Unit Assignments

I disagree. The new system is better.

Also, you can't really know if the majority agrees, since you have not asked the greater community. This forum mostly consists of a small niche of people who see the game in their little way.

We would need a poll from all Bannerlord players to truly establish what the majority wants.
    I dont understand how the new system is better. You can't separate "pikeman" with the other infantry considering those with pikes always carry swords so its impossible to separate the two
  6. Consul_Kaiser

Player's clan parties AI behaviour

Dont worry, modders will do this way better than the actual Devs. There is an actual mod out there that gives you full control of the AI parties in your clan
  7. Consul_Kaiser

Can mods be added to console

They wont, consoles rarely get mods, except a privileged few but Bannerlord will not
  8. Consul_Kaiser

Eligibility for taking fiefs after a siege

What is the actual basis for being granted a fief or determining one's eligibility in the base game after your faction takes one? It seems at best to be random but I can never figure out the main basis behind it. Thankfully the Diplomacy Mod semi-fixes it but when my current factions takes a...
  9. Consul_Kaiser

Revert back to the Warband System for Formations/Unit Assignments

@Dejan , I think the majority of the community would like to see the old warband system of formations come back and here is why: 1. It is still impossible to fully separate out troops with spears vs those primarily with sword. For example, the empire troops use a combination of both and...
  10. Consul_Kaiser

Patch Notes v1.2.7

@Dejan

Sometimes when defending a castle or town the game will allow me to get to the pre-deployment screen and sometimes it doesnt. What are the specific conditions that allow me to be the commander of a siege defense?
  11. Consul_Kaiser

How to Command a Siege Defense

I've been playing a new playthrough and i cant seem to actually be able to command the siege defense of a town/castle. It automatically starts the battle without a pre-deployment. What do I need to do? Anyone else have this problem?
  12. Consul_Kaiser

Patch Notes v1.2.7

So 1.2.7 is the full combination of all the previous betas we’ve been playing? Aka is this the latest version to play?
  13. Consul_Kaiser

Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

You didn't really read through the notes on the 1.2.x branch have you?
    Are you a TW employee because you seem to be defending this game at every level. And if you read the actual notes for the patches it mentions nothing of a release date and the latest community tale also mentions nothing of a release date. Get off your white horse
  14. Consul_Kaiser

Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Anyone willing to take bets that 1.2 wont go live until 2025 and when it does go live it'll just be a bunch of bug fixes with no actual gameplay or QOL updates?
  15. Consul_Kaiser

Taleworlds is going to release a post to let us know about their futur plans for the game. What are your expectations ??

What they need to do is actually very easy but for some reason its taking literally years to do. Here is the basics:

Diplomacy: Take everything from the Diplomacy mod and implement it, pay the modder what it takes and move on

Peace Time Mechanics: Feasts and more interactive mechanics need to be added during peace time as peace time is the most boring since their is nothing to do

Population: This is probably the one that should be implemented of all, let me explain. Wars need to be meaningful and make an impact on the economy and powerbase of clans. Currently a clan with high relations with villages and towns can lose an entire army and instantly replenish its troops. This is clearly flawed. By giving a village, castle and a city a population that function on an economic level and military level (aka troops to recruit) this will make battles meaningful. This would also impact the economy of each nation, that when losing an extreme amount of peasants in a war their economy slides to a griding halt.

But if I am honest I think the Population mechanic will never be introduced even though the modding team behind the Jerusalem Mod is doing it. Some part of me believes that the dev team is amateur level at best given their previous track record, slow updates and lack of a clear roadmap.
Back
Top Bottom