Recent content by Alfredsauce

1. SP - General Battles Could Be More Rewarding

Currently playing on realistic settings and Ironman mode 1.6.2, fighting battles against armies 600-800 strong. If I'm lucky, I'll get around 12 or 13 renown at most and somehow I receive a smaller portion of loot and prisoners than the rest of the army (I defeated Rhagaea's army and got some...
  2. In Progress Minor Visual Bug (Gauntlets)

Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
    I appreciate it! It wasn't much of an issue, really. I don't know if this helps, but I downloaded a mod that lets you change character appearances after my first post. Once I changed a few dimensions, like forearm size and bodyweight, the problem went away.
  3. In Progress Minor Visual Bug (Gauntlets)

Summary: I haven't seen anyone mention this, so apologies if there is already a post about it. The lamellar plate gauntlets are not displayed correctly. None of my mods edit vanilla assets or alter vanilla lighting/textures. How to Reproduce: Tested with multiple armors and with nothing else...
  4. SP - Battles & Sieges Roving reinforcement spawns

The first issue is a straight-up bug: I've noticed in my last handful of battles that enemy troops are spawning both back in their original start position AND *behind* my lines if I move them up far enough. I tanked my last battle when I watched 20 or so AI troops spawn directly behind my shield wall - and this was roughly in the middle of the map (the hill+valley map specifically). This 1) shouldn't happen at all and 2) should be optimized for both sides: a start spawn position and, ideally, a system where that position gradually catches up to the main body of your army as you move across the field. No general in history kept their reserves so far away that they couldn't actually help their own army. I wonder if the devs have already tried to implement this, and it's this precise system that I'm falling victim to (e.g. the AI spawn point moved up, but my army is still there). Another bloke suggested an actual banner or marker to show spawn points and I wholeheartedly agree.

Related issue #2: when enemy troops spawn behind my lines, friendly AI in formation has a nasty habit of turning to face the troops behind them - at which point they get murdered by missiles. This also happens if enough enemy troops just charge straight through a formation - and it shouldn't. I have cavalry and archers for mop-up duty. My poor beleaguered Sturgians need to stay in that shield wall and that shield wall needs to face enemy missiles.

(issue #3 is intermittent for whatever reason, so I removed it)
    Having the same issue as you; stupid Battanians keep spawning behind my troops. Then, their archers shoot my infantry as soon as they turn around to fight the troops behind them.
  5. SP - Battles & Sieges Reinforcements (Might Be a Bug?)

Enemy reinforcements are spawning inside my battle line, not on their side of the field, but inside my shield wall. It's causing me to lose more troops than I can sustain. I even tried positioning them in the back of my starting position and it still happens.
  6. Resolved The Khuzaits are being invaded by a horde of steppe bandits

Think it fix the spawning, as I haven't noticed any more uncontrolled spawning in my current game, but the "mess" you already have, you need to clean up yourself. it doesn't get hofixed
    Well, there were thousands of small parties and the entire steppe was covered in them (not exaggerating). I took out all of the hideouts first and started hunting them down in the open. After a while, the hideouts would respawn and the areas around them were infested again. ;(
  7. Resolved The Khuzaits are being invaded by a horde of steppe bandits

Well, I guess you do have to start a new save... because the hotfix doesn't help if your save is already broken and they just keep spawning infinitely...
  8. Resolved The Khuzaits are being invaded by a horde of steppe bandits

Start a new campaign and lose out on hundreds of thousands of lootable gold, millions of value in loot and thousands of free T4/T5 cavalry troops? You must be joking.

Not to mention it makes Khuzait child's play to conquer~~
    Lol, I've put too many hours in for that to be an option. Since there's thousands of them, I'm just going to ctrl alt f4 around the steppe until they're gone.
  9. Resolved The Khuzaits are being invaded by a horde of steppe bandits

We found the reason behind this. And currently working towards a fix. Thanks for reporting!
    Thankyou for the response. Will I still need to hunt them all down once a hotfix is up?
  10. Resolved The Khuzaits are being invaded by a horde of steppe bandits

And I wasn't even exaggerating, there's thousands of small parties. When you zoom out all you see is bandits on the map.
  11. Resolved The Khuzaits are being invaded by a horde of steppe bandits

Just went to the east after fighting for the Vlandians as a mercenary to join the Khuzaits. I was surprised to see the entire steppe was covered in bandit parties. I used console commands to teleport around the map and see how many there were... and I saw hundreds of small parties dotted across...
  12. Resolved Looter parties spawn excessively in 1.5.8beta

Saw the Sturgians take three cities at once from the Khuzaits. I noticed lots of Khuzait lords were being taken prisoner by steppe bandits and when I made it to the east of the map, there were dozens of bandit parties clustered between a few settlements. And I'm not exaggerating, there were enough to fill an army.
  13. Obese soldiers

Just turn your troops sideways in the party interface and enjoy.
  14. Resolved Unwanted Companion

I failed to complete a family feud quest in time and now the person under my protection is assigned as a companion. He just slows my party down and acts as dead weight. Is there any way I can remove him?
Back
Top Bottom