Recent content by ἀποκάλυψις

1. ἀποκάλυψις

Resolved Removing All Troop Units from Group 1 Using F7

Due to a bug in hideouts, the empty formations in the player's team were not under the player's control and therefore, when troops were transferred, they couldn't be controlled anymore. This was fixed.

That's it. Fixed.
  2. ἀποκάλυψις

Um..the so called "Road Map" doesn't actually mention any new content....

We get broken cash grabs from EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft routinely. Should we be surprised smaller studios follow the effective business model?

It could have been a special game, but wasn't. Not the first time; will not be the last time.

I know what to expect from them now and they only collected what--for me--is not even a dinner out with my wife.

There are interesting indie games coming out all the time.
  3. ἀποκάλυψις

Everything Has A Price

Who in the 11th century just up and decided to sell their town to someone? LOL, Constantinople going once, going twice, sold. This is too easy an exploit. Sell your town make no money, AI should never do this unless it's a faction member and a castle maybe.

I'm not defending the mechanic as designed at all, but I'm fairly certain titles and lands were exchanged for money (and fealty).

Also, I'm not convinced at the game's sense of scale. Constantinople as an example with respect to this game is an extreme.
  4. ἀποκάλυψις

SP - General World Map Add Compass Rose and a “View Mode”

Absolutely. I'm constantly having to zoom way out, to make sure I'm traveling in the right direction. Warband had a compass, so I think it's a safe bet it'll be implemented here as well.

Likely it's just a matter of making the proper art.
  5. ἀποκάλυψις

M&B had peaked with F&S, apparently

So M&B Fire and Sword was a game with all kinds of promised features that weren't delivered or were poorly implemented?

This is the criticism of the OP?

... because Bannerlord isnt done? Released, but not done.
  6. ἀποκάλυψις

Three small updates and no patch notes

Maybe we missed some, but afaik the OP was updated.

The OP may have been updated, but the OP edits were not marked as such. So unless you committed the first version to memory, it would be difficult to notice the OP was edited.
  7. ἀποκάλυψις

Does the AI get instant armies?

All of this is necessary, beforehand if they spawn with no troops you would see your ruler/lords captured by looters constantly as they would be engaged while trying to recruit right after being defeated and alone. None of this is final so we could def see another way to address this, the developers don't want to give AI lords cheats, but sometimes it is necessary for the time being.

It isn't necessary, it was selected to be this way.

NPC Lord's could go to a penalty box before being allowed to roam again.

The Lords could be more circumspect about when, where, and why they attack. Even simple constraints for movement ranges from friendly settlements are absent.

Instead, NPC Lords are using the AI equivalent of Pac-Man's Ghosts.
  8. ἀποκάλυψις

Whats the point of peasants?

Personally, I think they changed Peasant progression from Watchman/Merc Line to Recruit of their particular culture for reasons that have nothing to do with the player....

I believe this is correct. It's more fiddling with the clockwork.
  9. ἀποκάλυψις

SP - General Auto Trigger Perks Without a Choice

As the player progresses in levels, perks become available to trigger. If the player isnt required to make a choice between competing perks, then just automatically trigger the only available perk. No reason to saddle the player with an action where there is no choice available.
  10. ἀποκάλυψις

Patch Notes e1.2.1 & Beta Hotfix

We just released another small hotfix to the beta branch:
    • Fixed a crash that happens in scenes with water.
    • Fixed a rare crash that occurs during scene loading.
    • Some minor adjustments in character creation.

Will unstable beta changes be merged into the stable release branch?

In other words, are the broken parts of beta going to corrupt the "stable" version when you do the weekly merge?
  11. ἀποκάλυψις

Why, exactly, do Bandits train into aristocrats?

I don't know why robbers can be promoted to noble units. Noble units should be rare but powerful. They are trained professionally and have the best equipment.

There are really no restrictions; however, if you look at the history of Janissaries, you can see some parallels to the method used here. It's not immediate. The units have tiers and must still level to elite status.
  12. ἀποκάλυψις

Why, exactly, do Bandits train into aristocrats?

Robin Hood effect.

Independently minded. Personal initiative.
  13. ἀποκάλυψις

Campaign Coop

not even remotely close to easy.
  14. ἀποκάλυψις

How exactly does the Quartermaster role work?

The guy you set as 'Quartermaster' will be forced to be the quartermaster of the party he is in. If your clan's quartermaster is not in X party, then X party's leader will be the 'quartermaster' for that party.

I don't disagree, but since the game implies it's the clan's quartermaster, and the clan's scout. and the clam's surgeon; I'm sure we can all see the issue.

Roles aren't assigned within the party; they are assigned within the clan.
Back
Top Bottom