Can you please enable removal of Order of Battle and set teams with numbers like it was before?

Users who are viewing this thread

@Piconi please bring this up in the meeting for devs, come back to this game and after 200hours of testing, the order battle system is unstable, my troops always go into wrong formation after each battle, I have 2 groups of cav, one with throwing another is pure melee, the third group is companions only, these two group always share troops to companions group, what the hell is that ? the old system that allow us to manage them in party screen is totally fine. Please piority this one in the next beta patch, really annoying with the new order battle system

my troops always go into wrong formation after each battle, I have 2 groups of cav, one with throwing another is pure melee, the third group is companions only, these two group always share troops to companions group
Are you saying that your Order of Battle selection isn`t saved properly from one battle to the next?

Are you saying that your Order of Battle selection isn`t saved properly from one battle to the next?
Yes, they keep puting troops from cavalry into companions group, I have to manage companions group every battle, please piority this for the upcoming patch, the new pre-order deploy is a good improvement, but removing formation in party screen is a big backward for mount and blade game

Some weeks ago I tried to get soldiers with glaives without shields into one formation and soldiers with spears and shields into another. With a lot of back and forth sliding (because of constant wrong attachments) it worked in the end. For one battle. Then the groups were mixed again. I stopped to deal with the slider system at all, it's too annoying.

Melee and ranged and mounted melee and horse archers can be separated however, it's ... fantastic.

@Piconi please bring this up in the meeting for devs, come back to this game and after 200hours of testing, the order battle system is unstable, my troops always go into wrong formation after each battle, I have 2 groups of cav, one with throwing another is pure melee, the third group is companions only, these two group always share troops to companions group, what the hell is that ? the old system that allow us to manage them in party screen is totally fine. Please piority this one in the next beta patch, really annoying with the new order battle system
I noticed this too. Companion only groups are not saving well and sometimes delete themselves if you dont add some troops. As well as my groups get mixed up really bad whenever i mass upgrade troops.
Also i notice during missions where you are entering a fight to assist i.e. trade caravan ambush, your groups get mixed up but that might be intentional.
Otherwise i like the change especially now that we do have some control over its allocation of troops. However some additional options would be nice.

If we could also get the option to switch percentage to number of units that would make modifying the groups much more precise imo.

Am I the only one that actually like the order of battle system? I find it great, it allows one to do things one could not with the old system.

I suppose an option to pick your preferred method would be good.
Like what?

For me, the Order of Battle is a huge step backwards. As a player, I lose control over individual units and being able to set formations manually. For example, I can't assign lower tier melee and higher tier melee to 2 different formations. I wish they would get rid of the Order of Battle.

I also find the system is buggy and a lot of my units end up in the wrong formation, especially in sieges.

What we need is the old system back plus a system that allows for a group sergeant and then pre-battle troop deployment.

Like what?

For me, the Order of Battle is a huge step backwards. As a player, I lose control over individual units and being able to set formations manually. For example, I can't assign lower tier melee and higher tier melee to 2 different formations. I wish they would get rid of the Order of Battle.

I also find the system is buggy and a lot of my units end up in the wrong formation, especially in sieges.

What we need is the old system back plus a system that allows for a group sergeant and then pre-battle troop deployment.
agree, the new slider formation system is totally dumb, dumb as f*ck. Really annoy lately, my troops always going to wrong formation, the change that f*ck up the experience, nobody ask for. Want to be polite but this thing dumb as f*ck

Gooble .. Gobble .. bring back the old system.

The attempt by TW to help console players was admiral .. but it didn't work, please admit the error and revert to old system that worked FAR BETTER !

New OOB could've worked if they spend more time fleshing it out like they could've for many other features, one and done; with rest of the ensuing months (and years) of patches just making sure that barebones feature isn't crashing.

All that needs to happen is to keep the order of battle but enable us to put specific units in a group. This was done via Warband, it can easily happen on bannerlord

Yep - and if needed, allocate each group with a percentage of troops. For example, 50% of Spear units in group 1 and 50% in Group 2.

That way, for example, Archers can be protected on both sides.

---

Another feature that is worth adding is a new group option for when archers and horse archers run out of ammo - for example, I'd want them in group 5 and 6. One reason to avoid them going into melee is that the ranged units tend to be worse at melee and would take heavier losses. But the player should have that option.

I don't understand why we can't have both.

Have units default to a group, as they do now. But allow me to both override group assignment as well as create new ones.

I want the ability to say that my Tier 4 and 5 (and only those tiers) of crossbowman should be considered shield troops. Then on the Order of Battle, when I assign my shield troops to a formation, it will include those crossbowman.

This is just an example of why I want those manually assignment we used to have SO BADLY! Because it would IMPROVE the current system by working in synergy.

Like what?
Like having a bodyguard group with mixed heavy infantry. If I wanted that before, with say Legionaries, I would need to assign ALL legionaries to group say 6, and not just around 10% that I can now with the new system.

The new system is superior to the old. Anyone saying elsewise just does not understand the system or have experienced bugs with it.

Remember, just because a lot of voices on the forum complain about one thing, does not mean that complaint is justified. There are tons of people out there playing the game just fine with the new system.

Like having a bodyguard group with mixed heavy infantry. If I wanted that before, with say Legionaries, I would need to assign ALL legionaries to group say 6, and not just around 10% that I can now with the new system.

The new system is superior to the old. Anyone saying elsewise just does not understand the system or have experienced bugs with it.

Remember, just because a lot of voices on the forum complain about one thing, does not mean that complaint is justified. There are tons of people out there playing the game just fine with the new system.
Yea, everything just fine until the next battle with some troops adding into party, the formation numbers turn into chaos with mix of everything. Don't understand the system ? I know how it work man
Remember, just because you like the new system doesn't mean it shouldn't improve. There are tons of people out there still struggle with it
An easy system that work just fine since the previous version, we appriciate the change but removing the roman number formation in party screen is a huge step backward, nobody complain about the old system, do u think everyone playing this game several hundreds if not thounsands of hours to practice with that dumb slider ?
As s'one said above : why we can't have both !

The only reason the new is 'superior' is because of the OOB system itself; but if we're looking solely at how the logic is with organizing troops, a good majority preferred the old. Which is why many want OOB with the old system.
Complaint is justified, you can't just dismiss it like that. Whether it requires an action, another thing.

You do realize that your logic makes no sense. There are only 3 different unit types of legionaries which would require very minimal effort to put them into a specific group via the party screen.

You do realize that your logic makes no sense. There are only 3 different unit types of legionaries which would require very minimal effort to put them into a specific group via the party screen.

+1 correct, he's just playing devil's advocate but no one is buying. TW took the bag of money now they feel guilty about what it bought ..

My logic makes sense. I think you misunderstand or choose to misunderstand.

What I mean is this:
With the old system you could only assign ALL units of a specific soldier to one group at a time. Meaning, that if I wanted some legionaries t5 in my bodyguard group I would need to assign all of them to that group and not just 10% that I can now.

Do you comprendo?

Back
Top Bottom