Time to form a Kingdom yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm completely independent, and currently own Lageta, Varcheg, Sibir and Varnovapol. Nathanos is governing Lageta, with Studgian companions governing the other settlements.

Loyalty is fine, I've JUST taken Varnovapol and was making 4k a day just before taking over the settlement. I still have 900(ish) days left to create a Kingdom for the main quest - should I wait it out and try to fully upgrade all my settlements before forming a Kingdom (and trying to take over more as they rebel) just go for it now? I've created a "before Kingdom" save just in case it all goes wrong!

E0CF858F249BC5041AD846D99A0DBEA37A66D759

I don't know if this is universal, but in my game right after you create a kingdom the whole game declares war on you. I do not know if this is a bug or an intended feature but you might want to make sure you have enough influence and money to keep making vassals so you will not be overwhelmed.

The question is always: can you defeat armies while taking minimal losses? If yes sure you can make a kingdom, even with only 1 fief. If no.... then figure that out first. You just can't depend on trying to make peace or having vassal help you or anything other then you-yourself curb stomping the AI armies as often as needed. You're kind of in a so rounded position too, it may become very annoying to have armies coming form multiple directions. If so it's actually not that big of a deal to just let the fiefs go and settle on a side of the map later though.

In current versions I have been disappointed with the performance of the AI vassals/armies as far as helping defend, so this adds on to the "faction or not" question. If you're a faction you can create vassals and an army but are open to multiple wars. As a lone-clan you can use just 1 party but can deal with 1 faction at a time.

The question is always: can you defeat armies while taking minimal losses? If yes sure you can make a kingdom, even with only 1 fief. If no.... then figure that out first. You just can't depend on trying to make peace or having vassal help you or anything other then you-yourself curb stomping the AI armies as often as needed. You're kind of in a so rounded position too, it may become very annoying to have armies coming form multiple directions. If so it's actually not that big of a deal to just let the fiefs go and settle on a side of the map later though.

In current versions I have been disappointed with the performance of the AI vassals/armies as far as helping defend, so this adds on to the "faction or not" question. If you're a faction you can create vassals and an army but are open to multiple wars. As a lone-clan you can use just 1 party but can deal with 1 faction at a time.
Yeah that's likely a no, as I have a party of 180, whilst the Vlandians are rocking around with an army of around 1000. Maybe its time to form parties with companions - I never normally do that cause of the cost, but this is the best game I've had so far!

ALSO Seonon just rebelled too. I don't know why I'm getting so lucky with rebellions this game, but I have enough food for around 90 days at a time so just starve out the settlement!

I don't know if this is universal, but in my game right after you create a kingdom the whole game declares war on you. I do not know if this is a bug or an intended feature but you might want to make sure you have enough influence and money to keep making vassals so you will not be overwhelmed.
You're correct, every Kingdom surrounding me simultaneously declared war (well, within a day or two).

I have just over 1m now, managed to "buy" 3 Lords to join, but that was it. Needless to say, I reverted save.

You're correct, every Kingdom surrounding me simultaneously declared war (well, within a day or two).

I have just over 1m now, managed to "buy" 3 Lords to join, but that was it. Needless to say, I reverted save.
It is probably better to start with a single fief and a lot of money, like well over a few million, if your playthrough is anything like mine was, you may begin to have a wage problem.

I don't know if this is universal, but in my game right after you create a kingdom the whole game declares war on you.
This doesn't happen to me, but both times I made a kingdom in recent versions I had fully stocked garrisons that I was paying extra, so I had no easy pickings.

My bestt piece of advice generally though is, that before I form a kingdom I usually try to serve as a merc long enough to fight and release several clans into being friendly so that when I do form a kingdom I can recruit some backup. In my opinion having some vassals means a lot more than having property to protect.I'm not sure if you can be a merc now or what would happen if you quit being a merc with fiefs, so lol, IDK. GL

This doesn't happen to me, but both times I made a kingdom in recent versions I had fully stocked garrisons that I was paying extra, so I had no easy pickings.

My bestt piece of advice generally though is, that before I form a kingdom I usually try to serve as a merc long enough to fight and release several clans into being friendly so that when I do form a kingdom I can recruit some backup. In my opinion having some vassals means a lot more than having property to protect.I'm not sure if you can be a merc now or what would happen if you quit being a merc with fiefs, so lol, IDK. GL
That's basically what I did, except skipping being a mercenary and being a freeloading vassal who was gifted Askar and several castles from the extremely generous Battanians who were questing for the, um, free people of Senala? (something like that, it was amusing seeing guys from probably thousands of miles away steamrolling the Aserai like something out of Monty Python and the Holy Grail lol), and then I stuck ground up their enemies for cash while putting the money to stacking my territories while trying to form a kingdom in Nahasa while nominally a part of Battania.

The only kingdom that declared war on me after I declared independence was the Aserai, and that was because I was technically rebelling against THEM since I defected TO them from Battania after the Battanians passed Debasement of the Currency (easily the most brain dead policy in the game, at least for the A.I.) so, now that I think about it, I didn't have to fight anybody for almost 20 years unless my new country declared war on them first. It wasn't until we passed (what I presume to be an invisible threshold) a certain point that it was endless war with the whole world.

Back
Top Bottom